Awesome Mig?

Helllo I flyed last time with some guy named SVK_Fox, I dont know who is that guy and how he did it but I was not able to shoot him down. I tryed it many times head to head. Every missile he evade or I lost him before short time to shoot missile. Is there in lomac some tricks how to evade or hit by missile? Does anybody know how that guy made it? He told me that depends on experiences :(

He flyed on Mig-29S

My plane F-15 with AIM120.:helpsmilie:

He is correct. You just need to practice and learn your aircraft. This question has been asked a thousand times here so your answers are already written somewhere on the boards. If you do a quick search or just browse the forum going back about 5 pages, I think you will find more than enough information.

Cheers.

Helllo I flyed last time with some guy named SVK_Fox, I dont know who is that guy and how he did it but I was not able to shoot him down. I tryed it many times head to head. Every missile he evade or I lost him before short time to shoot missile. Is there in lomac some tricks how to evade or hit by missile? Does anybody know how that guy made it? He told me that depends on experiences :(

He flyed on Mig-29S

My plane F-15 with AIM120.:helpsmilie:

Hi Angelll,

i like MIGs/Sus because of their "analog" RWR (called Beryoza or what) because it gives you very precise information about distance of your enemy/his active missiles. This is great while avoiding them, because you know exactly when to perform an orthogonal roll (well explained in Ironhand's tutorials). With TEWS (used on F-15) this is more complicated, because you know only one thing - an active missile is in the air. Nothing more... Try this site http://flankertraining.com/lomac/A2A.html - you'll find something interesting for you (hopefully)

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902

• ED Team
well he could be a very good pilot (-120 not that good at all)

or he could have used the prntscrn cheat...taking a screenshot when the missile is very close in makes you lag and the missile will miss

I hardly think taking a screenshot will affect OTHER players on the server :music_whistling:

Then you should have someone do it to you - fier a missile, and they take a screenshot. THey'll warp right outta that missile's way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Hi Angelll,

i like MIGs/Sus because of their "analog" RWR (called Beryoza or what) because it gives you very precise information about distance of your enemy/his active missiles. This is great while avoiding them, because you know exactly when to perform an orthogonal roll (well explained in Ironhand's tutorials). With TEWS (used on F-15) this is more complicated, because you know only one thing - an active missile is in the air. Nothing more... Try this site http://flankertraining.com/lomac/A2A.html - you'll find something interesting for you (hopefully)

Not true at all. Distance of symbol from the center indicates distance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Then you should have someone do it to you - fier a missile, and they take a screenshot. THey'll warp right outta that missile's way.

I've always wondered this too, there has been times when i'll be tracking a guy for a few mins with no problems, but as soon as i fire and my missile is racing towards him, he'll warp up then down then reappear, sending my missile ballistic (i'm usually zoomed right into the HUD at this point too, so i can clearly see what he's doing).

Yeah. The thing is, he might not be doing this at all - when you launch a missile, there's a sudden increase in bandwidth usage, so if his bandwidth is already low, he might lag right when you fire.

So in the end you can never be sure :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

new information

Hey mate. As I said, you have to learn more....how to evade and so. I am flying lomac a long time and I am not best pilot but only experienced maybe. So what I want to say, fly more fly best fly safe and try to be best mate I wish you happy landings and you can talk to me on TS.

To making screenshots - I dont know about this cheat. And you know that I not used that because I didnt lagged and I play fair.

And I also thing that flying on F-15 is not so right choice :smilewink: .Try to fly on fighters not on crap :music_whistling: :)

Not true at all. Distance of symbol from the center indicates distance.

OK GG, you're right, but the distance estimation is much more complicated - that was the point. And when it comes to ARMs, the symbol appears very close to the center so it's hard to tell when to perform defensive maneuver. Next time I'll use more exact phrases.

:smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902

And I also thing that flying on F-15 is not so right choice :smilewink: .Try to fly on fighters not on crap :music_whistling: :)

The 15 is still a good jet to fly......IF you know how to fly it :music_whistling:. No matter what jet you fly it is going to take lots of practice to get good at it.

LOL. So blunt and harsh, yet I find myself doing the same!

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

as sad, taking a screenshots makes you lag/warp while the missile is not warping so it will mostly miss :D

maaaan!......I thought that i had bad connection!!!

have seen that couple times and think it should be fixed.

maaaan!......I thought that i had bad connection!!!

have seen that couple times and think it should be fixed.

Yeah, that problem was discussed in russian forum branch. So ED said that they'll do something with it in LOBS. Like showing in online chat a message that user X using PrnScr now, or something like that.

Good luck! And play fair :pilotfly:

I wonder how long it'll take me to get used to 1.12 F-15...

I still haven't tried playing online, although I dropped by Hyperlobby a few times.

I feel like I'll make a huge fool of myself (which I will)...

"Where you will be reunited with an old friend...the thrill of battle." - Admiral Tolwyn, Wing Commander IV

Hey mate. As I said, you have to learn more....how to evade and so. I am flying lomac a long time and I am not best pilot but only experienced maybe. So what I want to say, fly more fly best fly safe and try to be best mate I wish you happy landings and you can talk to me on TS.

To making screenshots - I dont know about this cheat. And you know that I not used that because I didnt lagged and I play fair.

Yes I know that connection was ok and i didnt saw any lag, but it was amazing. Some guy told mee that you flyed before few monts more than now and you was one of the best on servers, I will send you email and if it possible I would like to learn something from ya. I need more tips and practice with R-27 missiles. I hope you can help mee. Thanks a lot.

You know - Slovak Air Force pilots still fly MiGs so SVK_Fox is very familiar with 29 - that's why he's so good ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:) thats true

Heh mate thats true we still using Mig-29 but upgraded version only 2 (if I am sure) is now upgraded and looks cool. Next planes will be upgraded this year. Not so easy to adapt to fly, we changed meters to feets ;)