ILS Localiser ADI indications Bugged All aircraft

IvanK

ILS Localiser HSI indications Bugged All aircraft

This is a long standing bug even from FC3 days and now still visible in the Mirage 2000C where it is especially eye catching because of the size of the HUD localiser reference.

Once established on the localiser or close to it the HSI or (HUD ILS localiser in Mir 2000) does not smoothly respond to localiser deviations. What it does do is instantly respond to bank changes. For instance if it is slightly deflected to the left and you smoothly apply a left bank correction the Localiser reference immediately reacts opposite the bank input. In the case of the Mir 2000 the localiser HUD line will even move to the opposite side of the velocity vector !

Given this behavior occurs in all aircraft it is a DCS thing and not module specific. the behavior is incorrect as the Localiser steering reference cannot be used for its explicit purpose .... that is to provide a steering reference to intercept and maintain the ILS localiser.

This is incorrect as it cant be used as a steering reference.

Edited by IvanK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello.

I can confirm ILS Localiser HSI indications BUG.

Tested default Su-25T and Su-27 (FC3) at Mineralnye Vody, Beslan and Nalchik. I had no time to test all aircrafts and airports, but there is a BUG, I think

Needle bars on HSI are dead alltime.

DCS 1.5.3

• 4 months later...

You can use it if you know exactly what you are doing, but I completely agree this should not be the case at all and the hsi needles being dead on FC3 aircraft doesn't help either. This shoukd have been fixed a long time ago, and I wonder what is taking so long...

DCS Finland | SF squadron

ILS Localiser HSI indications Bugged All aircraft

This is a long standing bug even from FC3 days and now still visible in the Mirage 2000C where it is especially eye catching because of the size of the HUD localiser reference.

Once established on the localiser or close to it the HSI or (HUD ILS localiser in Mir 2000) does not smoothly respond to localiser deviations. What it does do is instantly respond to bank changes. For instance if it is slightly deflected to the left and you smoothly apply a left bank correction the Localiser reference immediately reacts opposite the bank input. In the case of the Mir 2000 the localiser HUD line will even move to the opposite side of the velocity vector !

Given this behavior occurs in all aircraft it is a DCS thing and not module specific. the behavior is incorrect as the Localiser steering reference cannot be used for its explicit purpose .... that is to provide a steering reference to intercept and maintain the ILS localiser.

This is incorrect as it cant be used as a steering reference.

I remember there was some argument a while back regarding this scenario... the argy bargy seemed to have been between repeater and Flight Director function.

The distinction was between the "repeater" indicating where the pilot was, in relation to the beam, and the "Flight Director" indicating where the pilot should steer toward to be on beam ( 30° bank, I believe ).... is this what you're referring to?

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"