Need to buy a new monitor

I plan to buy a new monitor as my DCS main view. Since current one had big color issue that the grey in my monitor is bright white for all others. I don't know how to tune the current AOC monitor which is old.

So I want a new one with 24-25" size, but no idea but which one. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Those are not specifically made for gaming, but the Dell Ultrasharp line of monitors are awesome with DCS. Probably less awesome if you play a lot of kiddy FPS games. I use the 25" version. It is 2 inches less, but the same resolution (2550X1400) and 200 euros cheaper then the 27"version. I ran DCS on a 1080p resolution on a generic monitor before, but when I saw the Dell Ultrasharp with DCS at a mate's house, I was sold.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

Don't worry about the 1-2ms response time monitors, its not a necessity for DCS. Like stated above, it does affect motion blur in first person shooters but a waste of money for what we are doing here.

i run 3 of these:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025093&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsCA-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsCA-PC-_-pla-_-Monitors+-+LCD+Flat+Panel-_-N82E16824025093&gclid=CL2l6Lb_xcoCFQooaQodbTwCHw

You can get the same thing in almost any size and they work great.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I've bought 27" monitor, and I say "Luckily I didn't buy less than 27 inch".

I recommend 27 inch or bigger size for the sim.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Don't worry about the 1-2ms response time monitors, its not a necessity for DCS. Like stated above, it does affect motion blur in first person shooters but a waste of money for what we are doing here.

So, so wrong.

Anything that has 144hz - It's sooooo smooth and less blur that you can still read text and gauges while you are moving your head with TrackIR.

So, so right. Though all the way to 144hz (to me) isn't necessary... I stop seeing the screen door blur right around 100hz.

You can obviously get by with a 60hz monitor, but if you haven't used a high refresh rate screen when flying WWII birds online (no labels, no radar) then you have no idea what you're missing, or what kind of an advantage you're giving up to those who do have it. Tracking a tiny dot against a busy landscape while performing hard BFM (violently slewing the world viewport all about, with TIR snap glancing everywhere) is a MUCH, MUCH more challenging visual exercise than tracking enemy players in BF4 or CoD, and much more adversely affected by blur.

Until you try it, these are just words. After you try it, there's no going back. Motion clarity is just one of those topics that doesn't translate well, at all, to descriptive text. And never think flight sim players don't need high motion clarity... perhaps it's a luxury for jet drivers that are flying to a radar point or HUD symbols, but the benefit can't be understated for tracking in WWII birds.

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

So, so right. Though all the way to 144hz (to me) isn't necessary... I stop seeing the screen door blur right around 100hz.

I agree with this.

So I went the best of both worlds.

I bought a 27" 1440p IPS panel for the awesome colors. It is also overclockable. I can run it at 96hz no probs, some folks are even getting 110hz out of them. The IPS panel is beautiful, which is what I wanted. But I didn't want to be stuck at 60hz.. so I bought one that is overclockable.

The caveat is that it is a Korean monitor. That makes some people uncomfortable because it isn't the Dell, Acer, Asus, etc namebrand.

Here is a great thread about it: http://www.overclock.net/t/1555354/official-crossover-2795-qhd-pwm-flicker-free-overclock-able-matte-1440p-ah-ips

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

I agree with this.

So I went the best of both worlds.

I bought a 27" 1440p IPS panel for the awesome colors. It is also overclockable. I can run it at 96hz no probs, some folks are even getting 110hz out of them. The IPS panel is beautiful, which is what I wanted. But I didn't want to be stuck at 60hz.. so I bought one that is overclockable.

The caveat is that it is a Korean monitor. That makes some people uncomfortable because it isn't the Dell, Acer, Asus, etc namebrand.

Here is a great thread about it: http://www.overclock.net/t/1555354/official-crossover-2795-qhd-pwm-flicker-free-overclock-able-matte-1440p-ah-ips

Shogun, which country do you think makes *most* of the monitors?????

That's just down right condescending. But that could be because I was born in Korea. :D

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Shogun, which country do you think makes *most* of the monitors?????

That's just down right condescending. But that could be because I was born in Korea. :D

haha that is an excellent point!

I wasn't trying to be condescending. I apologize if it came across that way. I should have rephrased it that it ships direct from Korea and not sold under the popular name brands such as Acer, Asus, Dell, etc. :)

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

No offense taken! It was my attempt at levity and I totally get your point.

After all, I did plunk down over $300USD to a furniture maker in Croatia who made rudders on the side! :) LOL. Best of luck it your new monitor.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1