DCS OH-6 Cayuse or A/MH-6 Little Bird

Harpoon

DCS OH-6 Cayuse or A/MH-6 Little Bird  

43 members have voted

1. 1. DCS OH-6 Cayuse or A/MH-6 Little Bird

• Yes, this is a good idea!
    • It is a good idea, but there isn't enough detail for landing near ground objects.
    • No, it is not a good idea.
    • Nothing I would care about.

I've always loved these helicopters. They're agile, look fun to fly, and sound amazing. AH-6 could be as useful as a Huey for CAS missions. MH-6 can be used to transport infantry to places where the Huey or Mi-8 couldn't. OH-6 probably has more information declassified. They are all still in service at the moment.

Good wish?

• Like 1

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

Choppers are cool! gimme please! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I've always loved these helicopters. They're agile, look fun to fly, and sound amazing. AH-6 could be as useful as a Huey for CAS missions. MH-6 can be used to transport infantry to places where the Huey or Mi-8 couldn't. OH-6 probably has more information declassified. They are all still in service at the moment.

There is nothing classified about the aircraft....according to the Boeing Website the specifications for the OH-6 and Hughes 500 are identical. With this in mind...the only classified information would be military specific.

With that being said, most of the armament used in the Huey is also used on the Loach.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Didn't vote as no appropriate option is present. I would like these aircraft, but I consider them of secondary importance to proper attack helicopters atm. After the Mi-24, AH-1, AH-64 and Mi-28 (or Ka-52, only need one of the two), then I would support more utility types.

They'd be way more appealing with highly detailed terrain that actually warrants the small diameter rotor. They just look too agile to fly Georgia's mostly undetailed landscape. Haven't played Nevada yet so I can't say if DCS is there yet, or if it's even close.

Also, more detailed modeling of infantry would help drastically, especially since the AH-6 AFAIK has mostly light weapons.

561173068_359257e092.jpg

Nice to remember but i wouldn´t buy it

Because we get the Bo-105 :)

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

They'd be way more appealing with highly detailed terrain that actually warrants the small diameter rotor. They just look too agile to fly Georgia's mostly undetailed landscape. Haven't played Nevada yet so I can't say if DCS is there yet, or if it's even close.

Also, more detailed modeling of infantry would help drastically, especially since the AH-6 AFAIK has mostly light weapons.

The towns in NTTR are detailed enough. Trying to land on a street corner is a pretty tight fit and often too tight for the UH-1 and Mi-8. But as I already stated, I think a few attack helo's would add more at this time. These little choppers require totally new infantry modeling + damage modeling (small arms fire vs aircraft leaves a bit to be desired imho). I don't see either happening anytime soon, just too much other stuff going on.