Any news on bombers?

El Hadji

Personally i think the ability to walk around the plane to be cool, but I think it would be a little much, I prefer a B-17 Flying Fortress the mighty eight where you can't walk around but you can choose a compartment of the aircraft to go to and then you can see the crew positions and select one etc etc.

Or you could just make it simple to where you can just switch positions with the click of a button.

And finally you could have it like call of duty to where you can switch positions and it shows an animation of you going through the plane to get to your position, it doesn't let you walk around freely but it still gives you that immersion

as much as i like bombers, i think best fit for the sim would be a twin engine plane like B-26, A-20 or A-26... can do both strategic bombing and tactical bombing

also i wonder too when it comes to third party, for large multi engine planes like b-17 if a more FC3 style is way to go

“The murder of a man is still murder, even in wartime.”

-Manfred von Richthofen

as much as i like bombers, i think best fit for the sim would be a twin engine plane like B-26, A-20 or A-26... can do both strategic bombing and tactical bombing

also i wonder too when it comes to third party, for large multi engine planes like b-17 if a more FC3 style is way to go

I hope not. Why would you want to limit what we have? The reason I like DCS is because it's level of immersion so I hope bombers and the heavies (B-17, B-24, etc.) have full interactive cockpits like the P-51 and other aircraft.

I hope not. Why would you want to limit what we have? The reason I like DCS is because it's level of immersion so I hope bombers and the heavies (B-17, B-24, etc.) have full interactive cockpits like the P-51 and other aircraft.
I agree with Legion,I want to see the same thing with fully modeled bombers.

You Pony drivers can go after a Ju-88...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2750885&postcount=89

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I raised a thread on this a year or two ago and I totally agree with you re bombers. What we really need is a set of medium bombers eg.

Allied

- B25 or

- B26 or

- A20

Axis

- JU88 (yes pls) or

- H-111

I've always been a keen bomber pilot in IL2 (I'm just not into dogfighting) or FB with the Tempest or Typhoon or even the P47. Bombers give fighter pilots purpose ie. protect or attack.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

good luck with that engine management without a copilot and engineer and while keeping fps at a playable rate with the game simulating the guts of 4 giant radials

besides ive read several times, doesnt dcs engine only allow two engines or something?

@pharoah, i think b-25 maybe best :D

Edited by zantron

“The murder of a man is still murder, even in wartime.”

-Manfred von Richthofen

good luck with that engine management without a copilot and engineer and while keeping fps at a playable rate with the game simulating the guts of 4 giant radials

besides ive read several times, doesnt dcs engine only allow two engines or something?

@pharoah, i think b-25 maybe best :D

Multi Crew. I'm not into medium bombers, I like the heavy high altitude bombers, the heavies would also give me a reason to fly the pony at high alt instead of staying at low-medium alt.

Besides, there already making an ai b-17, why not go all the way with it? alot of bomber pilots (myself included) would love to fly the fortress and have that experience.

Also the engine management and engineer thing is why I think it would be a good idea to allow the co-pilot to be able to switch positions, that way he can man different gun positions bombardier positions etc etc. and ai would just take over the guns when he's in the co-pilot seat or when acting as the bombardier.

Edited by Legion

Problem is no developer wants to take the plunge on a 1 1/2 to 2 years job to make the bomber the way most want it to be. Going by previous releases.

VEAO was my only hope, since they have a lot of ww2 projects, and they have said they don't feel like working on bombers/planes that are out of their interest area.

Polychop is making some ww2 planes but they have to prove themselves to be reliable first, by releasing a solid product.

ED has their hands full with maps, small prop planes and modern jets. Could be years.

I don't see anyone coming out with bombers the way most people want it.

Normandy is upon us (or could be another Nevada: Years in the making) and bombers are needed to bring it to life.

I would gladly pay for a pack/single FC3(priced as such) multi crew bombers as a start with a promise of a future upgrade to fully developed sim, if it proves to be profitable for developers of course.

Edited by Thunderchiff

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

see that's the problem I find. I'm not into dogfighting so whilst I have the P51/FW190/BF109 I rarely touch them. What we need are bombers. Not everybody likes PvP fighter servers.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

• 4 weeks later...

Good to see that redwing sims are developing a B-25 but I hope they eventually create a later variant with fuselage mounted ball turret.

Also given the quality of the gazelle at release, the Stuka will a must buy for WW2 enthusiasts!

Edited by Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Proper bombers would seem a very sensible addition.

Thing is if you want Strategic Bombers is the map going to be big enough? I'd love to have Lancasters, Halifaxes, Stirlings, Wellingtons, Mosquitos, B-17's, B-24's B-25's, B-26's, Ju-88s, He-111's...but AI would do fine for a start off.

I want to have tactical air-power more than strategic. There would probably be a bit easier to model, but I would want to be able to engage the turrets and the bombardier positions. Not fussed about animations in between though - that just adds complexity and time between moving positions. Plus it's not like the pilot moved aft very often to man a turret either.

Question is how much of the UK will the Normandy map cover? Will it just be France or will it have the South Coast and Isle of Wight?

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

Mostly we just need AI bombers of all variety. B-24, B-25, B-17, A-26 for Americans, HE-111, Ju-88, and maybe a Dornier for Germans. I'd love to see a bomber module for DCS, but I don't think a big one like a B-17 is likely even after multicrew. I think an A-26 module would be very nice, or a Beaufighter. A Bf-110 would be a great multi-crew heavy fighter that would open up a lot of possibilities including nightfighting, bombing strikes, and recon.