What curvature for axles?

Amarok_73

Hello,

I am wondering, if there's anybody that can share his curvature/deadzone/saturation settings for axles in BS2, that would cause heli to be less sensitive but without loosing it's responsiveness.

After some trials and errors, I am still returning to linear settings as most optimal for flying, but these settings are not good when precision is required (shooting from distance about 6-8 km).

I am using G940 (with SimFFB) but i don't think it matters in regards to comparision of behaviour between different joysticks, so I'd be grateful for any input regarding Your settings and opinion about it.

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

Generally, the problem with curves and FFB is, that the curve is applied only on the input way into DCS, but not on the output way to the FFB.

Example: you deflect the joystick 50% to the left. At this point, the configured curve says that this shall equal 20% deflection. So the cyclic in game deflects 20% to the left. Now you press and release the trim. DCS now tells the FFB: new center is 20% left ... but you still hold the stick at 50%. When you release the stick, it jumps from 50% to 20%. But at that point, the curve tells DCS: 20% physical deflection shall equal 15% in-game. ...and so on.

But by using SimFFB you bypass DCS setting the forces on the stick. Actually, DCS does not even know then if or what forces are applied and SimFFB just centers the stick where you tell it to and from there on, the back and forth translation of the input by applying the curve does not interfere with the actual FFB forces.

But as an answer to the OP: I still like it to be linear regardless. Just be very gentle and carefull when applying light inputs.

Since I am using SimFFB, the issue described by You Flagrum is not my concern. The only problem for me is feeling that heil is way too "underweighted", and this feeling gets amplified when I am on hover and trying to precisely aim weaponry.

I remember from old times, when I've done 700+ hours on BS1, that that times feeling of platform was different, More like in Mi-17.

Well, I'll do that effort then and will play with settings to find optimal reactivity.

Besides, after I wrote my post, it came to my mind, that there's still profiler, that's settings can cause false oversensitiveness, so I'll look into this.

Natural Born Kamikaze

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

For record: I've set back to linear every axis setting in game, and in Logitech profiler sensitivity I've set to about 30% and Sharkie feels now as should be.

Natural Born Kamikaze

Well, I've no idea (yet?) how it feels in real heli, so I am tuning it just to feel comfortable, and to avoid additional distractors in the battlefield.

I preffer to fight with enemy instead of my own vehicle ;-)

Natural Born Kamikaze

• 1 month later...

try 70-80 on sat.15 on curve

oh yeah. **** the profiler

Edited by StoOopiD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crosshair VIII hero wifi, 3800x w/ Enermax 360 AIO cooler (push-pull), 32gigs DDR4 Ripjaws 3600, Win 10 home on a Plextor PCI-E x4 3gb/s HD, EVGA 2070 Super FTW3 ultra+, Soundblaster Z

Rift S, M$FFB2, CH Pro throttle, Saitek pedals

BS2, A10C, P51D, SPITFIRE, FC3, Uh-1H, F86, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, MIG21-bis, AV8BNA, F14, F16, FA-18C, SUPERCARRIER

• 1 month later...

I try to not use curves or very little and just get used to flying that way.

I think curves settings and similar depend on what gear you are using.

I use CH Products: Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals (all USB connectors) and the CH Control Manager. If you have similar contact me and I will share my settings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried to use a curved axle once and it turned out not to be a good idea. My little red wagon bounced all over the place. :D

sorry, up too late ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: