Reflected's Skins

Reflected

All my skins are available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=reflected

Folks,

I'm opening this thread to give you updates of skins I make. The 109 skinning contest got me into skinning in DCS. I find it pretty complex with all the spec layers but it's very rewarding.

So here are my Messerschmitts:

Bf-109 K-4 JG77 Heinrich "Hein" Hackler

Screen_160508_131604.jpg

Bf-109 G-10 of Erich Hartmann

Screen_160328_114841.jpg

Bf-109 G-2 of Günther Rall

Screen_160408_183405.jpg

Of course I made some RHAF "Puma" skins - a squadron I've bee fascinated with since I was a little kid:

Bf-109 G-10 of Tibor Tobak (RHAF)

Screen_160327_195704.jpg

Bf-109 G-10 of Lajos Krascsenics (RHAF)

Screen_160327_171009.jpg

Bf-109 G-10 of István "Koponya" Fabian (RHAF)

Screen_160413_182656.jpg

Then, I downloaded Wiplash's Mustang template and after some fine tuning I released my first Mustang skin recently: "Sweet Arlene" of the 334th FS, 4th FG. I spent a lot of time to get the metallic finish right: the base color, the reflectivity - didn't want to overdo it, nor have a plain gray plane - and also the texture: if you look closely you will see tiny scratches that will make it look like real aluminium.

Sweet Arlene:

DCS_2016_05_13_21_01_21.png

DCS_2016_05_12_21_36_18.jpg

Lately I've been working on some more planes from the 334th FG.

Iron Ass:

ia2.jpg

The Count:

tc1.jpg

Lazy Daisy:

ld2.jpg

...and more to come ;)

Edited by Reflected
  • Like 1

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ref,

very nice skins on the 51. Like them and i must say the RHAF skins are superb, these are my favorite ones.

Great job!:thumbup:

Thank you, LcSummers! I know they are not K-4s originally, but G-10s, but they look kind of similar, and I've read so many books about "The Pumas" that I just couldn't leave them out of the DCS :)

The next one coming up is Donald Emerson's Mustang. Almost finished, I just have to do some last checks, take some screenshots and upload it:

urg0557.jpg

I know they are G-10 too but i have some G-10 skins (JG 301) for the K-4. White 44 and red 7.

Somebody is doing a FW 190D-11 skin for the D-9, so it doesnt matter at all.

All skins are looking fantastic.

Thank you for sharing them!

Edited by LcSummers

Oh boy...I almost finished the skin, leaving the red tail stripes for last. This is when I figured that they alone would take me days to do right. Drawing a straight stripe will not be straight in the model - one should nudge the part on the elevator slightly. How much? That's by trial and error, having to reopen the model viewer and reload the model and skin every time. AAAARGH...

If I had known I may have not even endeavored to paint this one :joystick:

Anyway, after a lot of sweat and blood the horizontal stabilizers are done.

Those look awesome! ever since I read Mustang Ace I have always had a thing for those 308th liveries! I always wanted to put a campaign together with a bunch of them. I bet you had a lot of fun matching those red stripes up. Now if only we had an MTO map.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

Thank you, Whiplash! You know none of these would have been possible without your awesome template.

Yeah, the stripes were the worst nightmare I ever experienced during my skinning career. If I had known I would definitely not have started them:)

Mustang Ace is about Goebel, right? I'm planning to buy it, would you recommend? i think it should be interesting because he flew a lot kf sorties over my home country.

Here's one of the Blue Nose Bastards of Bodney: "Sweet and Lovely"

Love that one very nice.( all the other are nice piece of work too)

You're mastering now the reflectiv aspect and all the art of skinning !

glad you have so much fun with skinning the 51.

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Thank you, Whiplash! You know none of these would have been possible without your awesome template.

Yeah, the stripes were the worst nightmare I ever experienced during my skinning career. If I had known I would definitely not have started them:)

Mustang Ace is about Goebel, right? I'm planning to buy it, would you recommend? i think it should be interesting because he flew a lot kf sorties over my home country.

Yeah it is, I highly recommend it! I have been meaning to read it again actually. I'm glad you are able to use template even though its a little dated now. I loaded up some of my old skins and the spec layer makes the plane look like its made of glass in 1.5. Haven't done a lot since then but I would like to go back through and update some of them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...