-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

IronJockel

-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-  

160 members have voted

1. 1. -= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

• Yes
    • No

In my opinion players should leave AWACS alone and rather focus on getting some actual kills against other players.

Every time a player of a team killed AWACS/EWR players of the other team simply started leaving the server, especially MiG-21 pilots who don't have a real scanning radar. It simply ruins the fun and after a short while we have an empty server. So... where is the fun in killing an AI in a server for fighters who want to train comms with AWACS and score some kills against other players? I only hope that players leave AWACS alone after so many players have complained about it.

Same thing with killing players on the ground whether while starting up, taxiing or rolling. This one however will result in banning that player if reported (check out server rules). This is not BlueFlag or anything like it where anything that can cripple the enemy is allowed; which is in that case quite suitable. This server is for having great fun and great fun we do have that mainly focuses on fighter planes.

Cheers!

+ 1000

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion players should leave AWACS alone and rather focus on getting some actual kills against other players.

Every time a player of a team killed AWACS/EWR players of the other team simply started leaving the server, especially MiG-21 pilots who don't have a real scanning radar. It simply ruins the fun and after a short while we have an empty server. So... where is the fun in killing an AI in a server for fighters who want to train comms with AWACS and score some kills against other players? I only hope that players leave AWACS alone after so many players have complained about it.

Same thing with killing players on the ground whether while starting up, taxiing or rolling. This one however will result in banning that player if reported (check out server rules). This is not BlueFlag or anything like it where anything that can cripple the enemy is allowed; which is in that case quite suitable. This server is for having great fun and great fun we do have that mainly focuses on fighter planes.

Cheers!

The Idea of the EWR for the RU side was that this way is the more common approach (as far my limited knowledge, forgive me if i'm wrong) for the Russians to detected enemy aircraft's.

But as the the EWR got destroyed so many times leaving the entire situations one sides i decided to make them have a AWCS that re spawns for balancing reasons.

As for banning: Don't hesitate to report violation of the rather simple rules i've set up.

We can and will ban people, if we get evidence (TACVIEW etc.) of violation. Just report it.

The Idea of the EWR for the RU side was that this way is the more common approach (as far my limited knowledge, forgive me if i'm wrong) for the Russians to detected enemy aircraft's.

But as the the EWR got destroyed so many times leaving the entire situations one sides i decided to make them have a AWCS that re spawns for balancing reasons.

As for banning: Don't hesitate to report violation of the rather simple rules i've set up.

We can and will ban people, if we get evidence (TACVIEW etc.) of violation. Just report it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are we ever going to fight in a place other than the coast? Both Cold War servers use the same area. Can we have the same mission design but rotate to other parts of the map?

Can only fly the Sochi coast for so long before it gets a bit boring.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I created a discussion over r/hoggit about the server, here is what I wrote, fiving feedback after flying on the server many times in the Mig-21 :

I'm flying on the ACG Cold war server "Fishbed vs Tiger" for few weeks now. Only using the Mig-21 and Huey.

It's the only server with only 3rd gen fighters so it's really interesting, also there is always a lot of players, so cool.

However the mission running on it is very bad for few reasons :

- Why doing a 'stupid' airquake server, especially with the Mig-21 clearly not made for this type of mission, we have 0 rear visibility (well we have a mirror....). 80% of my death in the Mig by a F-5 are without even fighting, a fox-2 from the rear.

- Why making the main battle spot over Sukhumi ? The framerate over the city is so bad when there is a important activity on the server, around 25-35fps no more. We could have different spots to attack/defend it would be way more interesting and less messy, especially for these poor A-10C/Su-25 that are always attacked because way more visible.

- It's IMPOSSIBLE to spot a F-5, when I found one it's because his AFB is ON, because he is flaring or even because I saw his bullets passing over my canopy. Why not using the same system as Burning Skies WWII server and having little black dot over medium range aircraft ? Don't talk about the Mig-21 radar, F-5 are always flying super SUPER low.

- RED AWAC are over mountains, easy to destroy, BLUE one is over a flat area super hardly defended. RED AWAC is very oftenly destroyed, BLUE one isn't because we can't reach him before beeing destroyed by tons of hawk, even if flying as low as possible.

I would really love to have a nice 3rd Gen Aircraft server, sadly for now the only one "popular" run, I think, a terrible mission, especially if F-5 players stay in the little hill around Sukhumi, simply flying low waiting for Mig-21 to fly by them to shoot a Aim-9 in their rear, there is no fight, where is the fun ?

Why making a air quake server with such advanced module ? We really could have something even a little bit better like the mission from Burning Skies WWII server (just taking this exemple because I flown on it today) with 3 different targets zone per team ?

I just want something different that looking for a grey/black moving pixel on my screen for 20min.

Don't take these "criticizes" too personally, this server is popular and so I really wish we had a mission that really fit the potential of these modules, and not this stupid airquake.

I highly recommand you looking at the comments to have the feedback from many people out there :

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Youtube Channel

Ryzen 2600 -- GTX980 4Go -- 16Go RAM 3200Mhz -- TM Warthog + Rudder Pedals -- HomeMade trackIR

1. that's why you always should check your six, get SA and ask awacs, that limited read visibility is the same in the tiger and viggen...

2. When you are early in the mission, the city is "new", few units there and no wrecks, so then you have good fps. no matter where you are, one time, every place get's so crowded that the fps will drop

3. Ask AWACS, use zoom and have a coffee before flight ;)

4. ...

have you ever used the awacs? if no, use it. and if you know where they are, why don't you get some wingmen and mix them up?

1. that's why you always should check your six, get SA and ask awacs, that limited read visibility is the same in the tiger and viggen...

2. When you are early in the mission, the city is "new", few units there and no wrecks, so then you have good fps. no matter where you are, one time, every place get's so crowded that the fps will drop

3. Ask AWACS, use zoom and have a coffee before flight ;)

4. ...

have you ever used the awacs? if no, use it. and if you know where they are, why don't you get some wingmen and mix them up?

1. Do you even fly the Mig ? Checking our six is a pain, an absolute pain, I'm always checking my six, but you forget to check for 5s and it's too late. Tiger have a better rear visibility (but still not amazing) but also got a way cleaner canopy and way better general visbility. The problem is that the server shouldn't not be an "ambush simulator. Also as I said awac are super often down for the RED.

2. Then why making the battle area over a city if we know it will run terrible after an hour ? In the mountain I can enjoy a solid 50-60fps, but over the city...oh god

3. AWACS always dead, zoom don't help a lot looking for a pixel.

4 .... mmmh

And you didn't get my main issue with the mission : a "stupid" airquake with mountains and a single battle spot is bad, it's not fun, we barely fight, it's not realistic... While we could make something so much better

Edited by Theskyline35

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Youtube Channel

Ryzen 2600 -- GTX980 4Go -- 16Go RAM 3200Mhz -- TM Warthog + Rudder Pedals -- HomeMade trackIR

While I do agree with some of the concerns being aired here. Since following this thread I have seen the admin constantly bombarded with criticisms and requests. Sometimes poorly worded and sound negative. Iron Jockel is a one man show running these servers, and I for one am thankful for it. I'm sure he is doing his best to make everyone happy...but never will. Lets be more positive. Or maybe you could setup your own servers to show the rest of us how to do it right!

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

1. Do you even fly the Mig ? Checking our six is a pain, an absolute pain, I'm always checking my six, but you forget to check for 5s and it's too late. Tiger have a better rear visibility (but still not amazing) but also got a way cleaner canopy and way better general visbility. The problem is that the server shouldn't not be an "ambush simulator. Also as I said awac are super often down for the RED.

2. Then why making the battle area over a city if we know it will run terrible after an hour ? In the mountain I can enjoy a solid 50-60fps, but over the city...oh god

4 .... mmmh

And you didn't get my main issue with the mission : a "stupid" airquake with mountains and a single battle spot is bad, it's not fun, we barely fight, it's not realistic... While we could make something so much better

The fact you're getting ambushed all the time really just shows how little you're looking around.

I've ambushed F-5s in the MiG and MiGs in the F-5, a pilot that doesn't pay attention is an easy target.

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 .... mmmh

I have probably more hours in the mig than in the tiger and viggen. Also on the server. well, checking your six isn't pain, you just have to maneuver, and not fly to high and always straight. also flying in the valleys helps. just keep in mind, they have awacs and maybe even a human awacs giving more detailed info.

2. because why not? after an hour or more, your fps will go down, no matter where.

3. if awacs is always dead, why not let a human enter the commander and play the awacs? helps more. can't die. And i use a lot the zoom, and i don't really have too much trouble, especially with the smoke those planes produce, only against some sufraces i have trouble, but well, most of the time i'm merged and close with someone... If the red team would use the valleys more, or especially COMMUNICATE more(i have experience with it, blue team writes much more than the red team), they could sneak up on the tigers easily and also put the front of the battle more to their airbases than over the city. and some lonewolfes are always near your bases or hiding and waiting for awacs, so there's no single battle spot, never. IMO the red team should sometimes communicate more, otherwise, it's quite fair imo. Especially when frogfoots shot down tigers and viggens...

A great server, my only problems are spotting (imho, a DCS problem in general) and when it crashes i cant play any more cause of location which is a problem with a lot of public servers in DCS (a lot in europe) but a fantastic server at the end

I play in the side with less pilots (ground attack, even with the mig21) or less main air to air AC (F5s, Migs, Su25s, etc cause i cant attack ground targets in peace xD)

1.- Actually is a ground attack server (its on the briefing), its supposed that you can win if your team take the city by protecting and using the tanks (CA module) and destroying the others. In the case of the mig21, you could try to use hit and run tactics and only engage if you see an enemy. Keep your distance from the mountains cause most of the time they’re infested of F5s (easier to maneuver and hide quickly) but you can still use them as an escape route. Don’t waste missiles and only use one per target, most of the time if the first one failed the second is going to fail too.

Last time i checked it is the only second gen fighters with people in there too xD

2.- Try to edit your config and or terrain files to have better fps (stuttetings are still a problem to me but i manage to reduce them)

3.- It looks like AWCAS is not spawning yet so wait till it's implemented and/or in the meantime try to protect it

4.- Imho, spotting is a problem in DCS right now and it affects both sides, try changing your your antialiasing and anisotropic filter to see which combination give you a better result. I found easier to spot an AC in the BS server without labels than in the aCG server, dunno why.

Where is the fun? Trying to protect your team, bombing the targets and the most important thing, landing your ac :D, but fun is a very relative thing thou

Greetings

Edited by SixthKnight

Core i7 6700k, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1, 32GB Ram, VPC T-50CM (30cm ext), CH Pro Throttle, MFG Crosswind, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar (2), TrackIR5 & Xbox 360 Controller

Are we ever going to fight in a place other than the coast? Both Cold War servers use the same area. Can we have the same mission design but rotate to other parts of the map?

Can only fly the Sochi coast for so long before it gets a bit boring.

We're working on a new mission. It all depends on what the Cacasus region has to offer. The area around Sochi is simply perfect. It has mounatins, flat terrains to the southeast, hills to the northwest and of course the sea. Other airfields offer only one or rarely two of the previously mentioned suitable conditions. Not to mention the vast distance to other airfields where players might get bored of the long flights. With the Viggen out there staying close to the coast is currently requested. So it's probably going to be Sochi again (Blue side) and Gelendzhik (Red side). Small mountains/hills and of course the sea should offer a nice war scenario. And of course more missions to follow in the future but we need time for that :thumbup:

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...
Would it be possible to get LotAtc to run on the server? The normal ground commander is not perfect ;) It is free to get LotAtc server up and running too!

IronJockel is currently busy. He'll surely look into it next week when he's back online.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com