-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

IronJockel

-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-  

160 members have voted

1. 1. -= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

• Yes
    • No

Yes you would be able to see the dot through clouds and so on.

I'm not into this mod myself, Iron! I vote no :music_whistling:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hawk is a bit of a buzzkill.

Saw what looked like an A4 this afternoon on the Battle for Sukhumi mission. On closer inspection it was a Hawk flying around with no wings. I fired an R60M at it - direct hit but no effect. I ignore it and engage elsewhere as he doesnt seem to notice.

5 mins later hes still flying around. This time I hit him with at least another R60M and some gun rounds - still no effect. He proceeds to shoot down a wingman shortly after.

Its funny, but also a little sad. Its the same story on other servers. I know its a trainer and its supposed to be forgiving of the pilots mistakes (unlike the mig thats always trying to kill me) but sometimes its just a little too forgiving.

Edited by ///Rage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

The mission on the server at the moment (Can't remember the name sorry!) has the wrong waypoints set in the briefing. It says enemy are at WP3 and friendly at WP2, where the enemy are actually at 4 and the friendlies at 3.

This is for the Ka-50 by the way.

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The mission on the server at the moment (Can't remember the name sorry!) has the wrong waypoints set in the briefing. It says enemy are at WP3 and friendly at WP2, where the enemy are actually at 4 and the friendlies at 3.

This is for the Ka-50 by the way.

I checked the Waypoints. If you refer to the ABRIS then you're right. I presonally prefer looking at the PVI-800 navigation control panel. Analog and with big digits that my eyes can catch quickly giving me the most important information only, ESPECIALLY when in combat. I'll fix that in the briefing. Thanky you!

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Im assuming that this is either a bug or a mistake.

In the Battle for Maykop mission there are no Viggen external fuel tanks available at Sochi.

This is especially painful considering all AJS 37s start at Sochi and Maykop is some distance away,

and while its perfectly able to get there and back it forces the pilot to very much minimize afterburner usage

as well as reducing the loiter time by a significant margin (which is not a huge problem in the air-ground role though).

Edited by mattebubben

Im assuming that this is either a bug or a mistake.

In the Battle for Maykop mission there are no Viggen external fuel tanks available at Sochi.

This is especially painful considering all AJS 37s start at Sochi and Maykop is some distance away,

and while its perfectly able to get there and back it forces the pilot to very much minimize afterburner usage

as well as reducing the loiter time by a significant margin (which is not a huge problem in the air-ground role though).

It seems to be a general problem for the Viggen. I asked around and apparently the Viggen has some problems with refueling. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=191013

By the way. Nice strike on Maykop yesterday. very fast, very low and effective!

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Thats not what im talking about.

There are just no External fuel tanks in the Inventory at Sochi.

On other missions there is no problem.

But on that mission with the start at sochi there are no Fuel tanks to mount on the aircraft.

And thanks ^^ we were pretty lucky with the timing catching two of you that had just landed.

Thats not what im talking about.

There are just no External fuel tanks in the Inventory at Sochi.

On other missions there is no problem.

But on that mission with the start at sochi there are no Fuel tanks to mount on the aircraft.

And thanks ^^ we were pretty lucky with the timing catching two of you that had just landed.

Yeah I've noticed that. Seems to be a problem with Sochi even when start making a new mission. Hope this gets solved soon.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Guys a few points for the server.

Most of you are against the label mod for a simple dot just a few pixels to help with the terrible visibility because there is a possibility that someone can see that dot (if the are carefully looking) through the cockpit or a cloud layer, yet I see no comments about external views especially the padlock F5 key in all missions! WTH?!

Use of A-10 with no era oriented weaponry plus A-A missiles from the future. This included A-10's, Hawks and Su-25's and the Viggens 74's even R-60M's.

You can't have everyone pleased. One A-10 can destroy large number of units with no effort even in a contested area. Plus it is out of the era.

I would love to see areas of interest in the map for strike missions. Infrastructure, ports, radio towers, fuel tanks etc. Would make a lot more fun time to plan than few GT and mostly pvp.

Bases are impossible to reach with a huge amount of Sam systems and AAA is on excellent making strafing runs even on the FABS a no go.

We need a more suitable environment for the Mig-21 and the F-5, possibly a good solution for the sabre and mig-15. And since this is almost the only server I hope my words reach your ears.

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Guys a few points for the server.

Most of you are against the label mod for a simple dot just a few pixels to help with the terrible visibility because there is a possibility that someone can see that dot (if the are carefully looking) through the cockpit or a cloud layer, yet I see no comments about external views especially the padlock F5 key in all missions! WTH?!

Use of A-10 with no era oriented weaponry plus A-A missiles from the future. This included A-10's, Hawks and Su-25's and the Viggens 74's even R-60M's.

You can't have everyone pleased. One A-10 can destroy large number of units with no effort even in a contested area. Plus it is out of the era.

I would love to see areas of interest in the map for strike missions. Infrastructure, ports, radio towers, fuel tanks etc. Would make a lot more fun time to plan than few GT and mostly pvp.

Bases are impossible to reach with a huge amount of Sam systems and AAA is on excellent making strafing runs even on the FABS a no go.

We need a more suitable environment for the Mig-21 and the F-5, possibly a good solution for the sabre and mig-15. And since this is almost the only server I hope my words reach your ears.

You wouldn't have written all that if the server's name wasn't Cold War. All you've said is right no doubt. The server started out as a dedicated one for the Cold War era and ended up offering players what they've been asking for over and over again.

The thing is I simply wanted to give older fighters/interceptors the chance of having their own arena far away from modern fighters who are far too superior to them. Players have always loved the mixture of fighters and strikers operating side by side. Striking a radio tower here and a fuel tank there is fun for sure but then what?! Striking ground targets however in a mission lasting 4 hours gives strikers the chance of carrying out their mission over a longer time. What if you'd joined the server say 60 minutes after it had rotated to find out that the radio station, the fuel tanks and a building here and a building there have all been destroyed? As a striker you'd have nothing to do for 3 long hours. Surely you don't want me to spam the map with radio stations and fuel tanks etc.? So I'm kinda forced to have only ground units for strike missions. However I do have in the missions Phone Booth and Springfield EWR stations that strikers could take out as a secondary target area. And guess what! I've never seen anyone striking those stations. So it doesnt urge me to set up more stations and buildings.

The L-39, the Hawk, the MiG-15 and the Sabre are not exactly lost in the missions' scenario that I have being inferior or the like. In fact I've seen pilots scoring kills and striking ground units flying those birds very often. So as I've said before it's not exactly Cold War any more but players seem to love it. Not to mention the Ka-50 among the helicopters and the Mistral Gazelle. So you see if I'd do what you've suggested you can imagine how many players would come at me.

Now just for the record, I'm working on a new mission now and I will consider taking out the A-10's and the Su-25's. I will keep the Viggen however and both Trainers too. Maybe I'll withdraw the Ka-50 and the Gazelles as well, not sure though.

The reason for the airbases being so fortified because I've had so many players complainging about spawnkilling. Me personally I wouldn't mind that but that's what the majority of players wants.

The F5 padlock thing pisses me off all the time. I don't know why it's there although I do turn off that option. Driving me mad!

I appreciate your feedback and will consider it nonetheless.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Haha didn't even know about the padlock. Have not and never will use that.....

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

That's probs about 10 yrs out for getting fixed wtf!

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

That's probs about 10 yrs out for getting fixed wtf!

You mean the padlock problem? I never noticed that myself. I never used it and frankly didn't really know what it is and never wanted to know. If some pilots use it then it shows the actual low level of their skills and I don't bother. But yeah I'd rather have it turned off.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

any word on when the Cold War server will be back up?

Main admin is off for 2-3 days. Can't get hold of him to do the restart. He's the only one who can. I could help with anything but the server's restart.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

There is a server called <51st>PVO Server - KOREA ERA hosting 1 or 2 nice missions for the MiG-15 and the Sabre only! It's really good if you're into these old jets.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

A new mission has arrived! It's called Five Points

Situation:

Krasnodar C. and Gelendzhik are Red. Anapa and Novorossiysk are Blue.

Krymsk is neutral and can be captured/recaptured.

Gelendzhik and Novorossiysk can also be captured/recaptured.

The fight is over these five airbases (points). To capture Krymsk the enemy's ground units 12-16 km east of Krymsk (tank battle) must be destroyed. To capture any of the 3 possible airbases you only need to eliminate the enemy's air defences at that airbase (only in case of Krymsk the enemy's battling ground forces must be destroyed first. After that destroying air defences only in case your coalition's lost Krymsk and wants to recapture it).

No Su-25's, no A-10's and no helicopters this time.

Mission will be online this very night! See you there...

S!

Alpenwolf

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Thx Alpenwolf sounds like a good mission....S!

I flew the protect Maykop map on tiger yesterday and could select the paint scheme, that is a great idea. Thank you. Was the AIM9 only avail intentional?

You're welcome.

There was a problem with Sochi while creating the mission. Restricted weapons and I believe no fuel tanks for the Viggens. The only way around it is to redesign the mission from scratch! I don't think I'll be able to do that any time in the near future.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Why is my favourite server down? What do I do now???! :eek:

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat