-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

IronJockel

-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-  

160 members have voted

1. 1. -= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

• Yes
    • No

A new mission will be released tonight! It's called: Ossetia.

This is a special mission for Viggen pilots to test their skills! The Blue team will be striking while the Red team launching his interceptors.

There are 4 target areas for the Viggens (and maybe F-5/F-86 pilots who want to strike as well) that must be destroyed. For further information images were added into the briefing. So make sure you read the briefing first before taking to the sky!

- Kutaisi (main airfield) and Senaki-Kolkhi are RED.

- Nalchik (main airfield) and Beslan are BLUE.

For Blue strikers to know whether a target area (TA) has been closed (terminated) a lua script is being developed so you can check it out through the radio's main menu. Meanwhile I though of an alternative that is also explained in the briefing :smilewink:

S!

1413907007_flightschool1.thumb.png.8afa655fde08161e99250b93a6e71391.png

1942002714_flightschool2.thumb.png.cd1491db3aa9e4b0c77af4388e3965ce.png

112106234_PumpStations.thumb.png.0c4dc66f5d7210a046c09a7349e95a3b.png

refinery.thumb.png.4bd800bf9354b97b031761dc80490818.png

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there other maps like those in screenshots, showing in detail objectives?

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

What do you mean other maps?

I meant for other missions. If there is this leve of details for objectives on other missions

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

I meant for other missions. If there is this leve of details for objectives on other missions

No. This is the first time I do this and only because of the comparative complexity and the variety of the given objectives. In the other missions it's basically one objective as in liberating an airbase or destroying the enemy's ground forces at some location etc. However in this new mission called Ossetia the Blue strikers (mainly Viggens) have to deal with four objectives = TA's. Hence the images accordingly.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Thanks and I need a bit of help.

First thanks for the great server.

Unfortunately I am not always able to enjoy it, there are now 2 missions that I am unable to fly on Springfield and now Ossetia. When these missions are active I am able to connect to the server, select a role or chat and read the briefing. As soon as I click "fly" DCS freezes/hangs and I have to force quit DCS. All other missions work fine with no issues, only problem is with the 2 mentioned above. Has anyone else had a similiar issue? Does anyone have any tips, ideas or suggestion I may try to resolve this issue? Is there a file or log I could post that might help to identify the problem?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First thanks for the great server.

Unfortunately I am not always able to enjoy it, there are now 2 missions that I am unable to fly on Springfield and now Ossetia. When these missions are active I am able to connect to the server, select a role or chat and read the briefing. As soon as I click "fly" DCS freezes/hangs and I have to force quit DCS. All other missions work fine with no issues, only problem is with the 2 mentioned above. Has anyone else had a similiar issue? Does anyone have any tips, ideas or suggestion I may try to resolve this issue? Is there a file or log I could post that might help to identify the problem?

Glad you like the server.

I used to have the same problem when joining the BlueFlag server and maybe still do (it's been offline for quite a while now). But saying you can connect to a server and having a problem with some missions is really weird and new to me. Can't help you there, buddy.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

It may actually be that even thought I pick an aircraft it is not assigning me to it and I am still a spectator? Once i select an aircraft I than select briefing and it shows the briefing and the Red FARP if I click the X to close the briefing i can use F-10 and view all units on the map and F-2 to cycle all Red and Blue units views. This doesn't seem like it should happen.(but as stated before if I click fly DCS hangs)

How often do the missions change? Is it timed or is it if one side or the other completes the objectives? Or is it on a schedule, if so whats the schedule? Maybe it I know the schedule I can at least know when and what missions are active?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It may actually be that even thought I pick an aircraft it is not assigning me to it and I am still a spectator? Once i select an aircraft I than select briefing and it shows the briefing and the Red FARP if I click the X to close the briefing i can use F-10 and view all units on the map and F-2 to cycle all Red and Blue units views. This doesn't seem like it should happen.(but as stated before if I click fly DCS hangs)

How often do the missions change? Is it timed or is it if one side or the other completes the objectives? Or is it on a schedule, if so whats the schedule? Maybe it I know the schedule I can at least know when and what missions are active?

Missions rotate every 4 hours except for 1 mission that rotates after 2.5 hours. A total of 6 missions. The 2.5 hours for that 1 mission is in order to have a rotation on the missions' online time.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Missions rotate every 4 hours except for 1 mission that rotates after 2.5 hours. A total of 6 missions. The 2.5 hours for that 1 mission is in order to have a rotation on the missions' online time.

we the average users are never happy enough.

We need 6 moar missions!

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

• 2 weeks later...

Some feedback for the new Ossetia mission.

Everytime I've played this mission (no more than I can count on one hand) it results in the Blue side destroying the objective(s) in roughly 30 mins or less. Given the mountainous terrain between the Blue base and the objective it makes it rather easy for attackers to hide in the valleys, carry out a pop-up attack and then return to the safety of the valleys with relative ease. The same can be said for the F-5E's flying CAP. The MiG-21's radar is more a hindrance than a help at low altitude and in particular in valleys. If we combine this with the diabolical ability of the MiG-21 to dogfight I think we can say with a degree of certainty how most of the individual dogfights end! The Blue side has a tremendous advantage on this mission they really do.

As for my suggestions; Perhaps extend the ground targets a little further from the hills as to force the attackers to fly in the exposed open for a while? Maybe add a CTLD script that enables Mi-8's to deploy MANPADS?

This is just my $0.02 on the mission. Happy to hear thoughts of others who disagree.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

Some feedback for the new Ossetia mission.

Everytime I've played this mission (no more than I can count on one hand) it results in the Blue side destroying the objective(s) in roughly 30 mins or less. Given the mountainous terrain between the Blue base and the objective it makes it rather easy for attackers to hide in the valleys, carry out a pop-up attack and then return to the safety of the valleys with relative ease. The same can be said for the F-5E's flying CAP. The MiG-21's radar is more a hindrance than a help at low altitude and in particular in valleys. If we combine this with the diabolical ability of the MiG-21 to dogfight I think we can say with a degree of certainty how most of the individual dogfights end! The Blue side has a tremendous advantage on this mission they really do.

As for my suggestions; Perhaps extend the ground targets a little further from the hills as to force the attackers to fly in the exposed open for a while? Maybe add a CTLD script that enables Mi-8's to deploy MANPADS?

This is just my $0.02 on the mission. Happy to hear thoughts of others who disagree.

Have you read the briefing? If you have you will've noticed that out of 5 target areas only 1 is in the mountains, the other 4 are pretty much in the open.

The mission was online now and we had about 28 players. Balanced teams and only 3 target areas were destroyed. Balance is an issue you will always have to deal with. Fly more frequently and you will see that it's not always Blue domination.

CTLD doesn't work currently so I'm on hold with that.

Thanks for the feedback!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

That's true they are in the open but my point is they're still relatively close to the mountains. It doesn't take long at all to return to the safety of them following your attack - the time spent in the open is not long at all. Once in the mountains your odds of winning a fight are vastly increased.

And I must admit balance doesn't appear to be an issue on the ACG missions. The missions are well designed as to negate player numbers I often find.

But like I said I can't say I've seen it all, I've played no more than a handful of times on the new mission. I will certainly endeavor to get more hours whenever possible.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

Hello, ACG is one of my favorite server because it allows to fly Aircraft which are completely outclassed on most PVP server.

however i noticed two things which kill immersion while there is a quick fixe :

1 ) On some mission ( on Springfield it is obvious ), it is easier to fly CAP over ennemy controlled space than over the conflict zone. In part because the ennemy doesn t expect you to be there, but also because there is nothing on the ground which may threatens you.

2 )Most fighters fly extremely low. They don t fly extremely low to avoid detection by a nearby ennemy plane because they intend to catch it by surprise, they CRUISE at 200ft, which is higly unrealistic.

So i have one little suggestion, which may apply to every missions.

Put some additionnal blue ground units in the blue controlled space, and do the same for the red.

It could be some ZSU-23 arround cities and major roads which would deny fighters the right to fly CAP that low in ennemy controlled space.

Fighters would still be able to fly over ennemy controlled airspace, but they wouldn t be able to afford long lasting dogfights which may drag us low and slow in AAA reach.

Ground pounders are already looking towards the ground when they fly, so even when making a deep strike, they wouldn't be annoyed much by this measure, it would even add to realism ( preplanned routes, and hard flying trying to stay at 50ft to reduce exposure to AAA fire ).

It should even be easier for them to reach and strike their target, because they will fly "safer" in allied controlled space and they won t be the one dot which fly 300ft higher than anyone else when they are aiming for their target.

Edited by Vilab

Hello, ACG is one of my favorite server because it allows to fly Aircraft which are completely outclassed on most PVP server.

however i noticed two things which kill immersion while there is a quick fixe :

1 ) On some mission ( on Springfield it is obvious ), it is easier to fly CAP over ennemy controlled space than over the conflict zone. In part because the ennemy doesn t expect you to be there, but also because there is nothing on the ground which may threatens you.

2 )Most fighters fly extremely low. They don t fly extremely low to avoid detection by a nearby ennemy plane because they intend to catch it by surprise, they CRUISE at 200ft, which is higly unrealistic.

So i have one little suggestion, which may apply to every missions.

Put some additionnal blue ground units in the blue controlled space, and do the same for the red.

It could be some ZSU-23 arround cities and major roads which would deny fighters the right to fly CAP that low in ennemy controlled space.

Fighters would still be able to fly over ennemy controlled airspace, but they wouldn t be able to afford long lasting dogfights which may drag us low and slow in AAA reach.

Ground pounders are already looking towards the ground when they fly, so even when making a deep strike, they wouldn't be annoyed much by this measure, it would even add to realism ( preplanned routes, and hard flying trying to stay at 50ft to reduce exposure to AAA fire ).

It should even be easier for them to reach and strike their target, because they will fly "safer" in allied controlled space and they won t be the one dot which fly 300ft higher than anyone else when they are aiming for their target.

I was hoping to include CTLD from Ciribob so helicopter pilots can place MANPAD's or AAA's. Unfortunately one of the latest updates ED has released (some months ago) has caused some malfunctions in Ciribob's script. That leaves helicopter pilots with light CAS missions only (except for the beast! The Ka-50).

I like your suggestion especially for Springfield! I'll add some AAA's on both sides once I'm back at my computer. It'll be done sometime during the next week.

Thanks for your feedback!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Alpen, The AD's over RED airfield do not engage enemy fighters. Instead the hard lock every mig on the planet except the enemy. F-5's doing circuits over a "heavily defended AB" firing AIM9's on Migs on the ground.. Sometimes a strela may fire but no the ones close to the airfield. Please check it out is frustrating. Have no clue if it is a game bug or editors fault. You simply should not be able to hover over AB's like that at any altitude..Thnx

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Alpen, The AD's over RED airfield do not engage enemy fighters. Instead the hard lock every mig on the planet except the enemy. F-5's doing circuits over a "heavily defended AB" firing AIM9's on Migs on the ground.. Sometimes a strela may fire but no the ones close to the airfield. Please check it out is frustrating. Have no clue if it is a game bug or editors fault. You simply should not be able to hover over AB's like that at any altitude..Thnx

What mission was that?! I use the same AD's in all missions so if they don't work in one mission only then it's obviousley a bug or at least more like it. And I don't think they don't work in all the missions. Is it Springfield? That mission seems to have various bugs...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

What mission was that?! I use the same AD's in all missions so if they don't work in one mission only then it's obviousley a bug or at least more like it. And I don't think they don't work in all the missions. Is it Springfield? That mission seems to have various bugs...
Yes it was Springfield. Maykop and Sukhumi are working fine.

Sent from my iQE100 using Tapatalk

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Nice return to the server over the weekend. Today...Not so much. Red side was light with just one mig and one KA-50 so I jump on to bulk up the side. Blue For are all over our base then.... YB a pilot who has been coming on the server for a good while decides to ground pound starting up Mig-21's. Cool Bro!

You guys need to learn that that kind of shit is just puts off pilots and isn't helping the server or your own enjoyment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AWACS can be destroyed!

Each coalition has 3 AWACS planes. Once a plane is destroyed another one will spawn after 10-15 minutes. If all 3 are destroyed and your coalition failed to protect them then you really don't deserve any.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

you realize that once the harrier is released that it will be 40 blue vs 5 Reds, with the red consisting of die hard Mig-Riders or Poor bastards :)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.