**NEW MOVIE: Speed **

As expected, the usual fantastic editing and effects. The final result looks great. And as usual Lock On wins hands down for the ‘look’ of the simulated world at low level; I was especially impressed by the early sequence as you slowly panned around the tower blocks.

Poko24 is quite right about the ‘tight environment’ for movie making in this sim; it’s very hard to get away from the ‘jets chasing jets’ theme.

But anyway, keep up the good work. This movie is definitely a keeper, if not for its content/narrative then for its look and sound.

Thanks for your comments Donkey, and i know exactly what you're talking about.

In this movie, there isn't a story, just an excuse to have a wild dogfight where they're going at it. I'm not even sure if i have the patience to make a long story movie, cause i have absolutly NO story ideas that i think would go to good use. Although, sometime i think i simply have to give it a go, but this movie is more pointed towards the lomac crowd and those who likes a fast action sequence.

And you've done nothing but please us! Don't change your style dude, it fits the bill you design it for perfectly!

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

GA, if you are looking for a story, how about lifting one from real life. There are lots of accounts of modern jet-on-jet engagements from the IDF. You may have to transpose them from Israel/Arab to US/Russia but there are plenty of ripping yarns out there waiting to be told. I built an Su-33 campaign for Lock On a while back called Operation Thunderclap which ‘borrowed’ heavily from a WWII action in the English Channel. It seemed to work for the players.

And how about adding elements of humour? Admittedly, some jokes might not cross language barriers too well, but irony and references to movies are frequently picked up by viewers.

GA, outstanding work as always. You have a calling for this, that’s for sure. Keep up the good work, like always, editing, transitions, sounds, just awesome work. When I look at your movies, it always makes me want to jump into Lomac and fly :pilotfly:, lol. :thumbup:

Cheers

Well, I don't know - didn't certain building-hating freaks fly some planes into some buildings a while ago? ... now that they can SHOOT the buildings though ... ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team
Nice camera and effects, but "terrorists captured four Su-27s and started to shoot BUILDINGS and planes"?!? I mean come on :) What are they some kind of building-hating-freaks? LOL Better no story than this story ;)

I know the story sucks, but seriously, a fully armed su-27 can do some pretty heavy damage to civilian buildings....and they're not "terrorists" for nothing.

I know the story sucks...

Well you ARE the Hollywood of LockOn so that's a given right :thumbup:

I just love seeing how you treat lots of stuff blowing up, highly stylized, kenetic, furious. All good in small doses. This last mini-movie would look fantastic as a game trailer at the cinema. I burned it to a DVD and intend to try it out in my brothers home cinema.

Suggestion for the next plot...

"4 Cloned Clint Eastwoods have stolen Su-27s fitted with the protype Thought Control System. Unknown to the clones the TCS computer AI has other ideas, and proceeds to blow shit up all over the place."

Hmmm, no think I'll save that one for my next screenplay.

Thought for the day:

One definition of a terrorist I read recently was "someone who uses a bomb without an air force". That was very deep on many levels I thought.

Looking forward to the next installment GA.

This our hobby - not our job - if we are not having a laugh, we're doing it wrong. - Rats