Integrety check broke my Blackshark!!!

I could not pass this useless integrety check, today IC forced me to do a repair on my Installation...

And now all my Input profiels are gone, my toggle Switches for my TMwarthog are gone:disgust:

I sitting here for hours; SPEND MY FREE DAY trying to restore everting, without success...

I hate this new IC System! its anyway useless against cheaters!

ED should spend this resorces better in a Handy Controle Setup, to add some toggle Switches easy.

Im so sick about adding lua files :mad:

Its not my Job, im not programmer, i pay ED for that!

I HATE .lua !!!!! w23qaesusewraykesdoilke34wsradss

iloukweailQALAqalasA<KJ :furious:

• Like 1

???? the integ check is for the better of the game.

if you click the red shield it will tell you what file fail the check then fix them..DELTE THE FILE then REPAIR.

• Like 2

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

u mad, bro?

Skylake 6600K(4.5GHz) | EVGA GTX970 FTW | 16GB 2666 DDR4 Corsair Vengeance | MSI Z170A Krait | Windows 10 (64bit) | X52 Pro | TrackIR 5

Hawk T.1A | F-15C | F-86F | UH-1H | A-10C | P-51D | F-5E | M-2000C

USAF Pilot w/ T-6/T-38 Time

Get a grip buddy.. The integrity check is designed to fix issues with your file system and often means you have a hardware issue with your hard drive.. Or possibly you had a power outage and didn't shut down properly. This is not a DCS issue it is a file system issue so calm down and run some checks on your hardware..

It has nothing to do with cheaters or DRM / copy protection...

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

I could not pass this useless integrety check, today IC forced me to do a repair on my Installation... [...]

Chill, buddy.

You modified game files in order to achieve a goal. This modification means the integrity check fails.

Feel free to blame the game for not incorporating your desired control config, but don't blame it for telling you there's a modification. :music_whistling:

Anyway. You keep backups of your files, don't you? If you don't, try to restore from Windows Explorer.

After restoring your config, find a server with IC off and you should be good to go.

If you need to be pass IC in order to join a server that enforces it, maybe it's possible to find a way to assign controls without modifying the core game files, and you might get help from people around here. Once you've cooled off, try asking for actual help.

We're all players and volunteers here, we don't get paid to listen to your nagging, however understandable it may be (but even if we did, it wouldn't hurt to ask for help instead of yelling your frustration out into the world :thumbup:).

The integrity check is designed to fix issues with your file system and often means you have a hardware issue with your hard drive.. [...]

Where'd you come up with that? For all I can tell, the IC checks the core game files for modifications. Anything modified means IC fails and a player won't be able to connect to servers that have IC enabled.

This might also happen with file system errors, sure. But since OP clearly stated he had modified the game files, I wouldn't send him on a wild goose chase trying to fix hardware errors that may or may not be present.

It has nothing to do with cheaters

Actually I thought that was the IC's prime purpose.

Edited by Yurgon

Methinks that outlawal2 is talking about something else. Perhaps Windows file system integrity check.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Ok i make this clear, some months ago came an update with a bug.

Abris was only RU, and customers was forced to add a .lua file to change it back to EN.

Now the integrity check had a problem with that, so i made backups and started the repair.

My files are good now, and i can join IC protected servers. Problem is, my backup for the controles wont work and i have trouble to restore it. I use a TMwarthog with toggle switches, without a modification you have to doubel click the switches. Its not ON/OFF its.... ON/OFF/ON. And why, because Blackshark is not designed for toggle switches, BS is designed for pushing buttons. But it should be designed for toggle swiches. Its a face punch for every customer who have a expensive HOTAS or cockpit builder. We are forced to mod DCS to fix stupid bugs, and now we get punished by IC doing it. And that makes me so angry.

If the server you join changed the default from IC off to IC ON, then why is this ED's problem? How the game is played is in the control of the server admin, not Eagle. Whilst I can have some sympathy with IC meaning we have to adjust our setups its because we have to have security and without it its just a different type of bickering on the forums.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

JSGME is your friend

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607

I have a switch box with toggle switches but the lua files for each aircraft are installed using JSGME.

If an update comes along or I have to do a repair I can easily remove/replace/install them at will.

This doesn't help in the initial setup but certainly reduces the frustration in the future

Edited by dannyq8
  • Like 1

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

If the server you join changed the default from IC off to IC ON, then why is this ED's problem? How the game is played is in the control of the server admin, not Eagle. Whilst I can have some sympathy with IC meaning we have to adjust our setups its because we have to have security and without it its just a different type of bickering on the forums.

I dont think IC have a problem with moded input lua's....i hope so.

Maybe you dont understand what im talking about, did you ever use hardware with toggle switches?

IC forced me by a bad bug to reset DCS to default setting, the repair erased the bad files but also the good ones.

IC makes everything more complicated, you talk like we have 200 full MP servers, but we dont...

and protection by IC is a joke, how IC can protect when even the biggest game companys cant protect people from cheaters?

I dont have big problem with IC, as long as my DCS and hardware works...

But for now, my Blackshark is broken!

JSGME is your friend

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607

I have a switch box with toggle switches but the lua files for each aircraft are installed using JSGME.

If an update comes along or I have to do a repair I can easily remove/replace/install them at will.

This doesn't help in the initial setup but certainly reduces the frustration in the future

Thx bro, i already use it. But something was wrong...

Its a long time ago i set up the switches and i dont remember how.

I try to add [up] in the default.lua and TMwarthog.lua but nothing changed inside the cockpit.

Same with Clickeabeldata.lua

I dont understand how to mod this files :helpsmilie:

To change the RU Abris to EN, change avionics language in DCS settings to English.

To add additional inputs, modify the input profiles in C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input.

Won't cause any IC issues.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To change the RU Abris to EN, change avionics language in DCS settings to English.

To add additional inputs, modify the input profiles in C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input.

Won't cause any IC issues.

I know, ABRIS rusian bug did not allow you to change language in DCS settings, changing language was only abel by moding a lua file. I thought this will be overwritten anyway with the next patch, but was not.

We are forced to mod DCS to fix stupid bugs, and now we get punished by IC doing it. And that makes me so angry.

Get your facts straight first.

When Black Shark was released, there was no TM Warthog, period. There was no good reason for ED to incorporate the two- and three-way switches into the Black Shark's input configuration.

I agree it would have been nice if they had added the feature later on. But what you're looking for is some kind of continued, after-sales support. The omission of a feature you're looking for is not a bug.

Edit: Sorry, I think I misread your post. The bug you referred to was the Abris problem, right? Anyway, doesn't mean you shouldn't have backed up all your other changes :music_whistling:/Edit

You're not forced to do anything, especially not modify game config files. If you don't understand how that works, or that you should back up everything you change (both before and after the changes), it's your own fault.

Besides, the new Integrity Check is only one of multiple reasons for files to get overwritten. A simple update could easily do the same. Does it make you angry that you get new features for free? Yet these updates might also break your configuration changes.

Again, ED could have handled things differently, but ultimately you changed something out of your own free will and now you complain that these changes are gone. :doh:

Edited by Yurgon

The updater repair deleted your diff.lua files? Never seen that before, it's not supposed to. Whilst you've root caused right back to the thing that started the chain of the events that led you there, at any point you could have backed up your profile and the IC is not responsilbe for that, you are.

I dont think IC have a problem with moded input lua's....i hope so.

Maybe you dont understand what im talking about, did you ever use hardware with toggle switches?

IC forced me by a bad bug to reset DCS to default setting, the repair erased the bad files but also the good ones.

IC makes everything more complicated, you talk like we have 200 full MP servers, but we dont...

and protection by IC is a joke, how IC can protect when even the biggest game companys cant protect people from cheaters?

I dont have big problem with IC, as long as my DCS and hardware works...

But for now, my Blackshark is broken!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Get your facts straight first.

When Black Shark was released, there was no TM Warthog, period. There was no good reason for ED to incorporate the two- and three-way switches into the Black Shark's input configuration.

I agree it would have been nice if they had added the feature later on. But what you're looking for is some kind of continued, after-sales support. The omission of a feature you're looking for is not a bug.

Edit: Sorry, I think I misread your post. The bug you referred to was the Abris problem, right? Anyway, doesn't mean you shouldn't have backed up all your other changes :music_whistling:/Edit

You're not forced to do anything, especially not modify game config files. If you don't understand how that works, or that you should back up everything you change (both before and after the changes), it's your own fault.

Besides, the new Integrity Check is only one of multiple reasons for files to get overwritten. A simple update could easily do the same. Does it make you angry that you get new features for free? Yet these updates might also break your configuration changes.

Again, ED could have handled things differently, but ultimately you changed something out of your own free will and now you complain that these changes are gone. :doh:

ehhhh, there were predecessors to the Warthog Hotas and they also had 3-way switches, back to the late 90's, made by TM and others. Midi connector...you remember ???

Tbh, since many now own such sticks and it's almost impossible for the non-coder to change it, why not polish up that part of the Ka-50 and make it easily usable with 3-way switches. Many new modules do that and it clearly is an advantage where it applies.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Good News.. I made it yesterday, everyting is like before and IC fine :thumbup:

Sorry for being a angry guy... :music_whistling:

and thx for the People posting in this Forum how to mod this stuff :beer:

I got..

[Masterarm] at TM-APU.Start

[rote mode] at TM-PATH

[baro/RAlt hold] at TM-RDR.ALTM

[Laser on/off] at TM-EAC

How to create a toggle Switch,

i try to explain how i made it...

move to...

DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Input\ka-50\Joystick

Open up with notepad...

Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua

For example a original line...

{down = iCommandSwitchMasterArm, name = _("Master arm on/off"), category = _("Ins Weapons Status and Control Panel PUI-800"), },

importent to know is, you cant modify a existing line, this changes nothing.

You have to add some new lines...

Add this modified lines...

{down = iCommandSwitchMasterArm, up = iCommandSwitchMasterArm, name = _("Custom Master arm on/off"), category = _("Custom"), },

{down = iCommandPlane_RouteMode, up = iCommandPlane_RouteMode, name = _("Custom Engage/Disengage Route Mode"), category = _("Custom"), },

{down = iCommandHelicopter_PPR_BAR_RV, up = iCommandHelicopter_PPR_BAR_RV, name = _("Custom Autopilot BARO/RALT altitude hold mode"), category = _("Custom"), },

{down = iCommandPlaneLaserRangerOnOff, up = iCommandPlaneLaserRangerOnOff, name = _("Custom Laser standby On/Off switch"), category = _("Custom"), },

The difference betwene thoes lines is the "up" command, "up" is turning the Switch to toggle...

and "Custom" , is adding a new custom catagory in you DCS Setup/controles.

To see a example how this looks like in the script download

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/1709244/?sphrase_id=2773216

Read line 538 to 542, are added custom lines. Thats all for Toggle Switches:thumbup:

Changing a 3 way Switch to a 2 way Switch like the Baro/RAlt hold, is another Story. Read this...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147731

Hope this helps someone with similar Problems, good flight :pilotfly:

Edited by Jafferson

ehhhh, there were predecessors to the Warthog Hotas and they also had 3-way switches, back to the late 90's, made by TM and others. Midi connector...you remember ???

Sure do, had the FLCS+TQS+RCS and later the Cougar. :thumbup:

Back then, the 2- and 3-position switches were limited to the airbrake switch and the dogfight override, weren't they? I do actually use the airbrake switch on the Warthog for the Black Shark (Route Mode/Auto Descent) and it would be quite nice if this didn't require editing the input files. But I think the Warthog's throttle base is were the 2- and 3-position switches are used the most, so that's what I referred to.

Tbh, since many now own such sticks and it's almost impossible for the non-coder to change it, why not polish up that part of the Ka-50 and make it easily usable with 3-way switches. Many new modules do that and it clearly is an advantage where it applies.

Absolutely! (I think I expressed that position in my previous posts as well).

Just a little while ago I hopped on MP and selected the L-39ZA, which I hadn't mapped yet. It's still not possible to map the flaps switch to the Warthog correctly AFAICT, even though the module is still brand new.

It would be great if ED took the time to add the additional assignments to the old modules. But with 2.5 coming soon , I'm guessing they have their hands pretty full right now. Besides, there are currently game-breaking bugs in the release version, which I think should be prioritized much higher than adding a small, albeit very handy, feature.

Good News.. I made it yesterday, everyting is like before and IC fine :thumbup:

Glad it's working for you now! :thumbup: