Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 8

gregzagk

Something spawns directly inside of a dead enemy, and you find a way to defend it.

Seriously dude?

There is no reason for it. Just make it so each teams units spawn slight apart from each other.

Well you failed to realize that the units already spawn at different locations when another team takes the farp. So, before you start attacking people for being wrong why don't you get your facts straight.

The only time the units will spawn on top of a smoking wreck is if the location is not closed before the repair timer expires and the same team maintains control of the locations. If you start doing random spawn ins for repairs you are going to have issues with units spawning in buildings and inside trees etc.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed it for you.

I know what you mean.. you both had the kill of your lives.. Congrats!

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I know what you mean.. you both had the kill of your lives.. Congrats!

i cant shoot anything down. i haven't gotten an a2a kill in 10 years. i don't even bother. I egress when bounced. i'm just calling you on your bullshit ass statements and your lame attempt to bait people.

Here we go again with the other side now that blue is pushing complaining about numbers. The last time red pushed the majority of the time they had numbers. It seems to me that whatever side is getting pushed is the one complaining. Its almost like the team currently losing is the one complaining.... Shocking....

The numbers switch between red and blue. Yes, blue has more, but during the last major red push when they pushed blue back to our main bases on the west coast red was posting things like where is blue, did they give up and blue had very very low numbers.

From what I can tell, on both sides, you get these huge swings because a lot of the pilots just want an easy trip without dealing with the enemy. Again, this is on both sides. Not as extreme on red, but red heavily outnumber blue on the last push.

Here we go again with the other side now that blue is pushing complaining about numbers. The last time red pushed the majority of the time they had numbers. It seems to me that whatever side is getting pushed is the one complaining. Its almost like the team currently losing is the one complaining.... Shocking....

The numbers switch between red and blue. Yes, blue has more, but during the last major red push when they pushed blue back to our main bases on the west coast red was posting things like where is blue, did they give up?

From what I can tell, on both sides, you get these huge swings because a lot of the pilots just want an easy trip without dealing with the enemy. Again, this is on both sides. Not as extreme on red, but red heavily outnumber blue on the last push.

You're straight up wrong with that assessment. During Red's big push there were only 25ish used slots in the server. All Bluefor had to do was join, which is what ended up happening, and why the "big push" came to a stop.

With the server locked down with Bluefor players Redfor can't even join. Keep telling me it's a complaint because we're losing though..... of course we're going to lose when we're not even able to show up.

You're straight up wrong with that assessment. During Red's big push there were only 25ish used slots in the server. All Bluefor had to do was join, which is what ended up happening, and why the "big push" came to a stop.

With the server locked down with Bluefor players Redfor can't even join. Keep telling me it's a complaint because we're losing though..... of course we're going to lose when we're not even able to show up.

Everyone can think what they want, but the team that is losing is always the one complaining in this thread. It happened with blue with the KA50 and now its red with numbers.

With your logic, all red has to do is join and this push will stop. As I type this there are 5 open slots in the server so all red needs to do is join. I know you have the number to fill the server because during the first night of your push there were 30-40 reds on.

Lol, you act like blue magically gets in while red is closed out. I've spent plenty of time staring at a full server.

I swear it's like you guys act like it's raining for you and sunny and clear for us.

Sent while I should be working instead.

Everyone can think what they want, but the team that is losing is always the one complaining in this thread. It happened with blue with the KA50 and now its red with numbers.

With your logic, all red has to do is join and this push will stop. As I type this there are 5 open slots in the server so all red needs to do is join. I know you have the number to fill the server because during the first night of your push there were 30-40 reds on.

My point isn't about how hard it is for one side to join or the other it's about the inability for either team to compete when the number disparity becomes as it is. Any other competitive team based games locks the teams to an equal number of slots on each side. This is the only game/event I've ever played which doesn't, and of course you see how it goes.

P.S. To quote Beeroshima, I can't join because I should be working.

My point isn't about how hard it is for one side to join or the other it's about the inability for either team to compete when the number disparity becomes as it is. Any other competitive team based games locks the teams to an equal number of slots on each side. This is the only game/event I've ever played which doesn't, and of course you see how it goes.

Ok, I can get behind that. I think the reason they don't want to do that is because of the timezone disparity and limiting players for a certain timezone. I agree it would be a better experience with a player limit.

Hmm, what happened to that script stopping you gaining ground when it's unfairly stacked

I agree it would be a better experience with a player limit.

+1

I've said this for the last three rounds that there should be a player balance system in place for Blue Flag. In a previous round it was tested for about a week and it worked great. I have no idea why the BuddySpike team would have removed it especially since it's been a recurring issue as we can see. It's ridiculous that a team can just capture whatever they want without any opposition or at ridiculous unbalanced ratios. It even sucks for Blue CAP focused players like myself since we literally have no targets or anything to defend. Come on...

Was in a heated discussion with someone on the server about getting killed by a Su27 when we were attacking an airfield. I complained that the SU27 starting with 20% fuel allows them to get into the air without refueling.

People will say Im sure, 'well moltar, they can't do anything with 20% fuel' well they can and do when the fight is directly over the airfield when CAS is attacking etc.

The person I was arguing with brought up that this whole fight (blueflag) is about asymmetry. Well, if that is the case, then why does the SU27 start with fuel and the F15 doesn't? The SU27 vs F15 is the only matchup that has anything like this in the entire server. I don't see this compensation with CAS or helicopters when there are differences in those air frames. Yes, I know that this was put in so that both aircraft can get in the air at the same time with 100% and that is great, but it does not stop people from taking off with 20% to defend an airbase. EVen if they shoot one person down, that one person has to then come 100nm when they get to respawn right below where they died. Yes I know the F15 can take bags and go from there, but its a pig if you do that and can and will stall.

Why are things being compensated in that way if the whole point of this round was to make things east for west?

By the way, I want a discussion about this and not a sh*t show that normally happens.

Edited by M0ltar