[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

I run the standard integrated Windows Defender, and Malware Bytes. I disabled the latter, still no go.

Btw, when I first ran the install file, I did get the message saying there was an update, and it downloaded a 7MB file. Then the window disappeared.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

And here's a longer video showing me downloading the installer, running it as admin, then it failing to load.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Hmm, looks like something blocks the execution of the application. You could try to launch it from the installation folder. It's somewhere located in C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\...

best is to use the search from this folder and search for "SimShaker for Aviators.exe"

*edit*

Nevermind, it seems my Antivirus software is blocking the latest version of SSA. I fixed it by adding an Exception.

Please disregard this post.

Edited by Elysian Angel
nvm
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

*edit*

Nevermind, it seems my Antivirus software is blocking the latest version of SSA. I fixed it by adding an Exception.

Please disregard this post.

FYI, I get the I handled exception error when I accidentally open SSA twice.

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

Hello... Is normal that I can't feel the afterburner in the F18 (or it is very very subtle) even at 100 level? I'm using one butkicker and the sound module, and I imagined a good kick in the ass when activating it ;-). I can feel all the others effects very pronounced even at 50.

I had the same issue with my Dayton Audio pucks (similar to buttkicker but smaller and you get multiple of them). I ended up editing the WAV file for the afterburner with Audacity (I amped it up and lowered the pitch as well) and now it kicks butt! :) I followed the instructions on Andre's website to find the audio file.

On the F18, the flap effect seems to turn on on off in annoying random short bursts at high speeds (with flaps retracted, i.e. set to Auto). Is that a bug?

I turned off the flap effect for now because of that, but I would like to figure this out so that I can turn it back on and feel when I am deploying or retracting the flaps.

On the F18, the flap effect seems to turn on on off in annoying random short bursts at high speeds (with flaps retracted, i.e. set to Auto). Is that a bug?

I turned off the flap effect for now because of that, but I would like to figure this out so that I can turn it back on and feel when I am deploying or retracting the flaps.

I just got my buttkicker and the AB effect is nothing in the F18 and F16 and I cant feel the flaps or gear either unless i got to F2 view. THe f14 is fine though. I have audacity but never edited the wav files before in DCS.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Ok, Andre emailed me a fully extracted version of the software. I can only get it the software to run if I use the compatibility troubleshooting mode, which sets it to Windows 8 mode. The chair is detected in Windows devices, but when running the motor test and massage features, nothing happens with the chair. I fired up DCS and did the F-14 freeflight quickflight, and the chair does nothing.

The F18 constantly moves the flaps/slats. In the future I'll add a threshold thus it should only play the effect if the flaps are moved for a longer period...

I just got my buttkicker and the AB effect is nothing in the F18 and F16 and I cant feel the flaps or gear either unless i got to F2 view. THe f14 is fine though. I have audacity but never edited the wav files before in DCS.

Strange behavior. I just checked it on my side and everything looks good. Could you please verify that SSA produces the correct effects. There is an experimental Effect Monitor under the View entry. There you should see the strength of AB effect while changing thrust...

Did you test in singleplayer?

Otherwise, if you using the soundmodule, you might have selected the wrong soundcard for the effects...

PS: All jets use the same afterburner file...

Strange behavior. I just checked it on my side and everything looks good. Could you please verify that SSA produces the correct effects. There is an experimental Effect Monitor under the View entry. There you should see the strength of AB effect while changing thrust...

Did you test in singleplayer?

Otherwise, if you using the soundmodule, you might have selected the wrong soundcard for the effects...

PS: All jets use the same afterburner file...

I tried selecting every sound device I have to test and it makes no difference. Certain effects work just fine except AB,flasp, gear and gun in the F18 F16. Those all work fine in the F14 though. I am also using Voicemeeter and onboard sound car in the motherboard.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

I think since I updated to win10 2004, SSA doesn´t run.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | Buttkicker | SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle - Phantom

I tried selecting every sound device I have to test and it makes no difference. Certain effects work just fine except AB,flasp, gear and gun in the F18 F16. Those all work fine in the F14 though. I am also using Voicemeeter and onboard sound car in the motherboard.

Could you please start DCS, SSA and the SoundModule. In the SoundModule Test tab you should see the waveforms of the effects. Enable afterburner and you should see something. If so, the connection between SSA and the SoundModule is valid. Then it has something to do with your SoundModule and voicemeeter settings...

Hi, My jet seat just arrived from Andre! Can I get some advice as to best way to connect and use with DCS please?

I have the sim shakers for aviators software, also the sim shaker sound module.

I have plugged it all in, the seat does work, as the massage software that comes with the jet seat control panel makes the pad vibrate, but when I try and start the jet seat control panel, I get a "device cannot be opened" error message......

I am using in USB mode and have selected USB in sim shaker for aviators software. No effects at all in DCS

Thanks

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi, My jet seat just arrived from Andre! Can I get some advice as to best way to connect and use with DCS please?

I have the sim shakers for aviators software, also the sim shaker sound module.

And can I use a simple UK / continental plug adapter for plugging it into the mains supply?

Thanks

Hook it up and go! Really if you're already using the sound module it will make a lot of sense. I find I like to do things differently with my bass pucks than my seat. Some things I have stronger on the seat the pucks and vice versa.

Andre had a adapter for the US, not sure about the UK.

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

Hi Snake, I have plugged it in and tried to go...what I describe above is the result....an error message with the jet seat software and no effects in DCS...sorry, it looks like I edited my post after you replied to it!

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

This is a screen grab showing my settings9a41953ed4af4110032f37366f0d3969.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you tried not having the JetSeat Gametrix software open? I know it's not required for it to work and while I'm away from my computer, I think it interferes with it working.

After you do that does Sim Shaker's test vibe motors work?

Could you please start DCS, SSA and the SoundModule. In the SoundModule Test tab you should see the waveforms of the effects. Enable afterburner and you should see something. If so, the connection between SSA and the SoundModule is valid. Then it has something to do with your SoundModule and voicemeeter settings...

Yes so most of the sounds and effects seem to work ok now but in the F14 the Buffet/stall is contently triggering in level flight and it is a pulsating feeling not a shudder like it did when I just had the demo version software. I had to turn the flaps off in the F18 because of the same pulsating effect. It doesn't matter if I have Voicemeeter or my headphones or speakers selected for every application either. I am getting a constant clicking in the headphones or like a intermittent static noise. The engine rumble has to be off for both planes as well or the same static clipping happens constantly. I have the buttkicker so I am not sure what has to be setup differently over the jetseat or generic transducer.

Have you tried not having the JetSeat Gametrix software open? I know it's not required for it to work and while I'm away from my computer, I think it interferes with it working.

After you do that does Sim Shaker's test vibe motors work?

That was the problem, thanks.......why would the instructions NOT tell you that???

Anybody got a good Tomcat setup for use with Andre's Jetseat, no sound module? I'm finding it hard to dial in the buffeting, which is one of the most important for me. I want it to react to AoA/stalls, but I have to set it to about 15 to stop it vibrating all the time, even when in straight and level flight at 350kts.

Yes so most of the sounds and effects seem to work ok now but in the F14 the Buffet/stall is contently triggering in level flight and it is a pulsating feeling not a shudder like it did when I just had the demo version software. I had to turn the flaps off in the F18 because of the same pulsating effect. It doesn't matter if I have Voicemeeter or my headphones or speakers selected for every application either. I am getting a constant clicking in the headphones or like a intermittent static noise. The engine rumble has to be off for both planes as well or the same static clipping happens constantly. I have the buttkicker so I am not sure what has to be setup differently over the jetseat or generic transducer.

When you hear the effects in your speaker, than your setup is wrong. You need a second soundcard only for your buttkicker. There the effect sounds are played...

As motioned before, the F18 constantly moves the flaps/slats, I'll add a threshold slider to add some kind of filter... However, the F14 is constantly shaking as you can see in the cockpit frame... Maybe I'll add there a threshold filter aswell...