[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Hi, is there any plan to update the effects for the F18 when using the catapult and snagging the wires on the carrier ? I dont get much of a sensation when doing this and I imagine that this would be more than anything felt through the airframe and cockpit?

Thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi, is there any plan to update the effects for the F18 when using the catapult and snagging the wires on the carrier ? I dont get much of a sensation when doing this and I imagine that this would be more than anything felt through the airframe and cockpit?

Thanks

Cat is in the R&D phase. Regarding wires... not sure yet how to model but sounds interesting

Cat is in the R&D phase. Regarding wires... not sure yet how to model but sounds interesting
Again, recommend looking at Accel.x Like the cat, a wire trap is well over 3 G in that axis in the opposite direction.

Could you provide a screen shot...

Will do when I get back to my computer.

EDIT:

Screenshot added

SSA.JPG.79f51afd7831517dbb69bdb2879ed8cc.JPG

Edited by Snake122
ADDED screenshot

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

hi f4l0,

today i noticed that wheel blocking has no effect on the hornet. couldnt find any posts on this topic, so just wondering, if this is a known issue?

thanks

hilok

It seems like looking through this thread that it maybe doesn't work with the F/A-18, esepcially if the anti-skid is on. But even then it may not support it:

This effect is played if you slip over the tarmac with no spinning wheel. Just a few planes in DCS have this 'feature' all the others uses anti skid...

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

Will do when I get back to my computer.

EDIT:

Screenshot added

I mean the folder in your user document folder. For me it: "C:\Users\olaf\Documents\SimShaker for Aviators"

It seems like looking through this thread that it maybe doesn't work with the F/A-18, esepcially if the anti-skid is on. But even then it may not support it:

thanks. for the record, during my tests, i set anti-skid to off, observed the a/c from external view as to confirm the wheels blocking, and i had the wheel blocking effect set to 100%...so according to the statement above "This effect is played if you slip over the tarmac with no spinning wheel.", it should work, shouldn't it?

I mean the folder in your user document folder. For me it: "C:\Users\olaf\Documents\SimShaker for Aviators"

As requested:

SSASM.JPG.6fb8c5e6594710530ce229a1080241b7.JPG

Working on them ;) First of all, I prefer engine volume rather low. Those are the numbers I´m using so far:

Afterburner 100

Cannon 100

Canopy 50

Chaff 88

Engine 25

Damage disabled

Flaps 50

Gear turbulence 50

G Feeling 70

Ground bumps 50

Ground roll 53

Landing gear 75

Payload 100

Refuel 50

Seat ejection 50

Speedbrakes 65

Buffet 50

Touchdown 88

Turbulence 50

Wheel blocking 50

Edit: tuned down speedbrakes to 65, at 80 they took much of the vibration during approaches.

Thanks that will help, I will set them as a base line

As requested:

Ok, so it looks like that you have 1 beta version of the Sound Module installed and one stable. SSA looks for these shortcuts. But you said, that SSA only lists one entry?

thanks. for the record, during my tests, i set anti-skid to off, observed the a/c from external view as to confirm the wheels blocking, and i had the wheel blocking effect set to 100%...so according to the statement above "This effect is played if you slip over the tarmac with no spinning wheel.", it should work, shouldn't it?

I had to change the speed threshold until the effect is played. Otherwise, when your on the moving carrier, SSA thinks that you are sliding. (from the data side).

I had to change the speed threshold until the effect is played. Otherwise, when your on the moving carrier, SSA thinks that you are sliding. (from the data side).

i see. to which speed is that threshold set, then? i was running my tests around 70kts, iirc, but no effect.

thanks

Ok, so it looks like that you have 1 beta version of the Sound Module installed and one stable. SSA looks for these shortcuts. But you said, that SSA only lists one entry?

Correct, sorry for the more than that installs, I searched for the .exe and I found the temp folder for unpacking when installing.

Yes only one in the drop down in the "Service" tab:

SSAdropdown.thumb.jpg.e30d5a1ff85169be64cd438cfcf2c4fd.jpg

I think in this case the problem is that the beta version of SSM is not fully compatible with the released version of SSA. You need SSA version 1.3.12.1 or higher.

Yes, the new SSM is currently only supported in the recent SSA beta. I've another beta ready for release soon, after that, I plan to release a new stable...

I think in this case the problem is that the beta version of SSM is not fully compatible with the released version of SSA. You need SSA version 1.3.12.1 or higher.

Yes, the new SSM is currently only supported in the recent SSA beta. I've another beta ready for release soon, after that, I plan to release a new stable...

Yep, switching to 1.3.12.2 allowed both of the sound modules to show up. I'll try to stay up on the betas for both of you. Thanks guys! Also the new website looks good Andre!

Help

Need a little help here,

I DL, simshaker for aviators and successfully installed it, but every time I double click it I just get a screen from the right saying “hello pilot ready to fly” or something like that.

How do you get to the settings page ? Where I imagine you can do the settings for DCS ??

Just a quick shout out to Andre.

This thread is full of issues and Andre is always very quick at resolving them.

Love your product, it has helped out of sight the immersion factor of my sims. It is a testament to the product that I mostly only notice it's absence (when I forget to plug my transducers in, or the still pending catapult shots) rather than its presence.

Add to that the support given to users here.

Thanks mate. Keep up the good work.

I just published a new beta:

Version 1.3.12.3 – beta release

- Support for XP11’s fixed turbine engine added

- Catshoot launch effect added for F14/18, please give feedback.

- WireTrap effect added for F14/18, please give feedback.

- Launchbar effect added to F18

Love your product, it has helped out of sight the immersion factor of my sims. It is a testament to the product that I mostly only notice it's absence (when I forget to plug my transducers in, or the still pending catapult shots) rather than its presence.

+1 very well said. thanks Andre, but let's not forget f4l0 : )

thank you guys, you're doing an outstanding job!

This thread is full of issues and Andre is always very quick at resolving them.

Add to that the support given to users here.

Thanks mate. Keep up the good work.

Thank you Ourorborus,

but this is f4l0's thread and he solves the issues most of all. My presence here is just a modest help to him.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just published a new beta:

Version 1.3.12.3 – beta release

- Support for XP11’s fixed turbine engine added

- Catshoot launch effect added for F14/18, please give feedback.

- WireTrap effect added for F14/18, please give feedback.

- Launchbar effect added to F18

Dang, I'm out of town for a few days and won't be able to test it for awhile! Did you bind the launch/trap to Accel.x? If so, what G level?

Hi, I know it's only a free mod but any chance you could add the Ah-6J to the list please, F410?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Study Lua programming language and make your own version of DCS export.lua script for the mods.

It's been a long time since I messed with DCS modding. Having a look through the SimShaker.lua (under DCS export) script you take data from the MainPanel files for each aircraft. It looks like the Edge 540 mod has this encrypted. Am I right in thinking that without the mainpanel_init.lua file being readable or input from the dev it wouldn't be possible for me to build an export script to get the mod working with your Sim Shaker software? The P47 is readable still so I assume ED are not locking this file (I read they are encrypting files that used to be readable).