Multiplayer - Connection timed Out.

Slims

So after you guys update dcs in one of the latest reiteration of 1.5 ,i keep getting on any server, an error called - connection timed out. I have no issues with my internet connection i have a 200mbs fiber optic connection i never get dropped from any other online games. Neither did i ever get dropped before from dcs but now i do sometimes right after i log on some times after 3-4 minutes other times i get a 40 mins before i get dropped. I never experienced lag on any of the servers, i play mostly on 104th but i tried on other servers and it always happens at random times... I know there was a fix by adding a line in autoexec.cfg file but now i cannot find this file anymore in dcs folder. Is there any way to fix this ? As right now it`s pretty frustrating to go online start the plane up get ready for takeoff then suddenly => connection timed out.

• ED Team

ED are looking into some of the server disconnects, I have been in contact with a few server admins, and been talking with ED I.T department to try and pin down the problem.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

No clear cause yet, most of the issues seem to be a mixture of Anti virus / firewall problems or poor connections so far.

It has been suggested that using a VPN may help some users

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thing is every time i get disconnected i can hear the sound in the backround like i`m still connected, which is pretty weird, it`s like for a few mins i`m still connected to the server. It happened a few time to get disconnected with a mountain in front of me, after i get connection time out until i click OK i can hear my plane crashing in the mountain, alltho i`m in the lobby at that point :helpsmilie:

Edit: Also i`ve been running the same antivirus for years now and never had issues with DCS, but i will try with firewall and antvirus off.

Edited by Slims

• ED Team

It is a difficult thing to diagnose,

so many reasons or possibilities for disconnects.

Hardware, software ( antivirus / firewalls ), packet loss / poor connection, server times outs, the list goes on.

And to top it all internet backbone outages, ISP and dns issues.

ED are aware some people have issues.

hopefully in the future we will see some net code tweaks and maybe a dedicated server, but we have no information on that currently, the focus is getting DCS 2.5 together for release.

What we can do as individuals:

make sure DCS is running as admin

allowed in firewall

added to antivirus allowed list

port 10308 opened in router

join servers with the lowest possible ping. ( a lot of servers have a 300ms ping kick rule )

Edited by BIGNEWY

connection timed out

Same symptoms on my Server as well.. This Only became a issue recently, 2 maybe 3 updates ago.. Clients (ping 60-120)connect and get dropped randomly, with that message. Even happens to me and I'm 2ft from server..

Still get dropped off server list when paused 2 long also!!! A brand new issue, In 1.5 beta as well as 2.0.

Yes, I just reinstalled this game on a fresh install of windows, and now I'm having these problem myself. Something in the patches must have done something with the code, because I could fly all the time without having this error come up before. Last time I played was a month after the Mirage came out.

also I wanted to mention, that we experienced simultaneous disconnect. We were three flying together, me from Slovakia, the other guy from Austria and the last one from Czech Rep. On a public server. Doesnt look to me like ISP, FW or AV problems.

I think this disconnects started to appear after last update.

I had a lot of friends get fixed by maxing there preloader. When people maxed their preloader, I think it contacts the multiplayer server less massive updates of the terrain = more stable client<-> server connection it seems.

Did this with Mr Boeing and his disconnects stop on -=16AGR=- US East Dynamic Caucasus.

My server is using too much memory imo now though lol (10 gigs, im preloading all the game models (static) to stop the freezing on connect problem)

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

• 2 months later...

I am getting this now on several servers (Sierra hotel, 159, etc) with different aircraft (A-10C, Mig-21, Mirage, etc.) while using OpenBeta ver. Never had this problem before last patch (1.5.5.60565.216)

After some frustration, I tried changing some luasocket files, with no effect.

Edit

Talk to my ISP, problems seems gone. Was able to fly at SH server for over an hour.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I have these same issues. Two days ago was able to play fine on multiplayer servers. Today, everytime I join a server either it gives me a connection timed out or in the middle of playing (which was running smoothly) it kicks me out. But like others I could still hear the plane and control it i.e. I could move the throttle and hear the engine rev up and down. This is really frustrating me as I like to fly the wwii fighters and their isn't a good way to quickly setup fights between other wwii fighters only.

Intel i7-10700k, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1080 8GB, 1TB NVMe SSD, LG32GK850G 2560x1440 Monitor, Noctua u12a cooler

I just checked my ping in the multiplayer games I can briefly join by using the show score command ' key. My ping varies from 75 to 102 before I get disconnected. Anything below 250 ping should be acceptable. I don't know what else it could be but its not the connection to the server.

Intel i7-10700k, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1080 8GB, 1TB NVMe SSD, LG32GK850G 2560x1440 Monitor, Noctua u12a cooler

• 4 weeks later...

we have the same timed out issue on our server.

1.5 stable and nttr are fine. it only happens in the 1.5.6 beta for viggen users only.

others in the beta (say in and A10) dont get the timed out issue

if you need more logs from servers I will happily provide mine, just let me know what you need :)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Maybe worth to try, posted by Octuplefire, 104th:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3030820&postcount=7

Had no conncetion issues yesterday. What I see in 1.5.6 (reported elsewhere on the forum by several people): long loading time on joining a server, initial stutter/lag looking around in the cockpit with TIR or in F2 view checking AI/other players, lot of viggens on an airport seem to cause stuttering as well...

Edited by docWilly

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

It could be something with your router QoS settings.

Possible solutions:

This last one is specific to Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router:

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.