BUG - Issue with VR - No highlighting box around cockpit elements - Training Mission

DerekSpeare

This has been around for a while. I didn't see it indicated in the VR bug list. There are no control element highlights in VR in the training missions (Tested with KA50 as an example). They are there in non-VR, but are not in VR. I hope it gets corrected :)

Capture.PNG.7a10f46104dc12fd59539f95b1a70c69.PNG

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

it's been reported already

Is this specific one on your bug page here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=165411

If I missed it, apologies for the redundancy...and if I did miss it all the more reason why I need highlighting to see things! :joystick: :pilotfly:

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

it was reported mid-august, there was another thread about it.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 months later...

I was thinking about this today. I'd have hoped that in four plus months, ED would have attended to this.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

Wags hoped on my stream the other day and mentioned tooltips and training highlight boxes fixes are in the works and should be fixed soon. Obviously no release date, but its good to know they are working on resolving it.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

If they fix it, I hope they give us an option to disable it.

This sounds weird, but I think I'm learning the cockpit layouts faster without it. The A10 startup, for example, was a pain, but when you're forced to jump out of VR to research where switch x is, it makes retaining the knowledge easier, plus you can read up on what switch x actually does.

If the yellow box was there I'd just be mindlessly clicking on it.

The box is there for the training missions. What's the need to disable it when it's not there on cold start missions?

It's good that ED has acknowledged it's something they are looking to correct. Hopefully this fix will come sooner than later.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

The traing missions gives us, what, when, and where. "What & when" are done audibly, very handy with a VR headset on, "where" is highlighted by the yellow box.

Removing the yellow box makes life harder, i appear to learm faster that way.

Being able to turn the "where" box off would be a halfway house between training and full-blown vanilla missions...I did say it sounded weird :)

Count training missions as flying with instructor. You will alwas be reading the manual before instructor flying.

I have the manual loaded on my phone before starting any training mission so if I forget or don't know where is a switch, I can quickly check.

As reggie already sayd, if you just blindly clicking the marked switch it will help you finish the training mission but won't help you learn too much.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Count training missions as flying with instructor. You will alwas be reading the manual before instructor flying.

I have the manual loaded on my phone before starting any training mission so if I forget or don't know where is a switch, I can quickly check.

As reggie already sayd, if you just blindly clicking the marked switch it will help you finish the training mission but won't help you learn too much.

Just my 2 cents.

It's unrealistic to use an external screen when using VR.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

It's unrealistic to use an external screen when using VR.

Well yes I agree. then take the manual with you on the plane ;)

Or it is more realistic someone to paimt squares arround the sswithes?

I m just saying how I learn the AC and how I use the training missions. Is it realistic as it can be.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
This has been around for a while. I didn't see it indicated in the VR bug list. There are no control element highlights in VR in the training missions (Tested with KA50 as an example). They are there in non-VR, but are not in VR. I hope it gets corrected :)

Fixed internally. Will come to later update.

Do I have the muscle to run it?

BoxxMann,

You seem to be familiar with VR. I am not.

I am interested trying an Oculus Rift CV 1.

The CV 1 seems to be the VR head set of choice for DCS and it's

minimum requirement is a GTX 970Ti but, in your opinion, would

two water cooled GTX 780Ti's with 3GB each mounted on a i7 4960X

core be as likely to run a CV 1?

Thank you,

florate

As of now, SLI doesn't work well with VR. It adds latency that kills VR performance.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

@florate: We use a dk2 on a 3820k/GTX780 machine, and it has good performance in DCS and other games. The rule with VR is that more power equals better results. Like hasan said above, forget SLI.

Fixed internally. Will come to later update.

Great news, Matt! Thank you for making this post and update here. It's appreciated!

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

@florate: We use a dk2 on a 3820k/GTX780 machine, and it has good performance in DCS and other games. The rule with VR is that more power equals better results. Like hasan said above, forget SLI.

Great news, Matt! Thank you for making this post and update here. It's appreciated!

Thank you for getting back to me BoxxMann, the CV1 should be delivered soon and I will try it with the pair of GTX 780s before I order a EVGA GTX 1080.