1.5.5 Can't access module manager

Gliptal

As per title, since I've updated to the latest 1.5.5 I can't access the module manager anymore, it just hangs at around 12%. The editor won't load as well.

I've already tried a repair. No mods active during the update or now.

EDIT: Reverted to 1.5.4 and then updated back to 1.5.5. Still not working.

Edited by Gliptal

You Didnt by Anychance Uninstall/De-Activate the TF-51 Did you?

You Might Need to Re-Install, as there is no way to Re-Initialize the TF-51 if you deleted it or disabled it AFAIK (will ask dev).

Try Reverting, Re-Enabling in Module manager, then re-updating.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

You Didnt by Anychance Uninstall/De-Activate the TF-51 Did you?
I did... It was an option in the module manager so I thought I could save some space and get rid of it. :D

Is the new 1.5.5 expecting both the TF-51 and the Su-25 to be installed?

They are Part of the Core of the Game, and should not be uninstalled.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

They are Part of the Core of the Game, and should not be uninstalled.
Alright, I'll revert to 1.5.4 and install them back. :thumbup: I'll report back in a while.

Maybe consider changing the UI to not allow the uninstall in the first place. I'm a bit of an OCD guy and the first thing I did back in the day was remove the modules I knew I wouldn't be using.

Working w/ Devs for Solution,

in the Future though, do not disable / Delete the free modules.

Alright, I'll revert to 1.5.4 and install them back. :thumbup: I'll report back in a while.

Maybe consider changing the UI to not allow the uninstall in the first place. I'm a bit of an OCD guy and the first thing I did back in the day was remove the modules I knew I wouldn't be using.

Please Report back if it works,

As A few others are having same problem.

Open a CDM in the bin folder, and type "DCS_updater.exe update 1.5.4@openbeta". Let it do its thing, and when it's done open the game and go in the module manager; open the "Installed" tab and make sure both free to play modules have a green tick next to them.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've had this same problem, .. through the various versions of 1.5.5. Version 1.5.4 worked fine, .. but, as soon as I updated to 1.5.5 .. not only would the Module Manager not work, .. but, no Missions would load, .. and would just hang there.

Decided to experiment today, .. and found that 1 file was causing the problem .. i.e. pluginsEnabled.lua , .. which can be found in the .....\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config folder.

Not really sure what this file was supposed to do, .. but it was dated 18th Feb 2016, .. and only had a couple of entries in it.

pluginsEnabled =

{

["A-10C Warthog by Eagle Dynamics"] = true,

["MiG-21Bis by Leatherneck Simulations"] = true,

["B-29"] = false,

} -- end of pluginsEnabled

Anyhoo, .. after deleting this file, .. everything seems to work fine .. :)

Does anyone know what this file is/was to be used for?, .. is it needed for the A-10 and Mig-21?

Cheers

Tom

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I've had this same problem, .. through the various versions of 1.5.5. Version 1.5.4 worked fine, .. but, as soon as I updated to 1.5.5 .. not only would the Module Manager not work, .. but, no Missions would load, .. and would just hang there.

Decided to experiment today, .. and found that 1 file was causing the problem .. i.e. pluginsEnabled.lua , .. which can be found in the .....\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config folder.

Not really sure what this file was supposed to do, .. but it was dated 18th Feb 2016, .. and only had a couple of entries in it.

pluginsEnabled =

{

["A-10C Warthog by Eagle Dynamics"] = true,

["MiG-21Bis by Leatherneck Simulations"] = true,

["B-29"] = false,

} -- end of pluginsEnabled

Anyhoo, .. after deleting this file, .. everything seems to work fine .. :)

Does anyone know what this file is/was to be used for?, .. is it needed for the A-10 and Mig-21?

Cheers

Tom

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 4790K / EVGA 1080ti SC / 32GB DDR3 / 1TB SSD / Oculus Rift S / X-56 / MFG Crosswind V2 / ButtKicker + Simshaker for Aviators