Damage model

EagleFox

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While being much harder to kill than most other planes, the Mirage is now at a realistic level.

I.e. the plane will survive missile hits unlike FC3, but the pilot will lose control in the 10s to come after impact 90%+ of the time.

yuuup

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

You know how probability works... If you've got a chance on 4000 to get a car accident, it doesn't mean you cant go through a whole year getting a car accident each day... Just means that odd is 1.77*10^-1315

Now on the track...

Mirage 1 : 1 AIM-7 fired in bad conditions, missed, 2cd one hit M2K dead instantly

Mirage 2 : AIm-9 hit, missing radar. Aim-9#2 shot 2s after the first one, hit again Mirage lost control. You didn't let time for any failures to develop after 1st missile.

Mirage #3 Aim-120 hit Mirage lost radar, Fuel leak. Was able to land though.

Life #2 Mirage #4 120 Hit&Kill

From Kutulu, 1 mirage on 4 survived his 1st shot so it seams ok to me.

More tracks later I just have to find em all youll see.

This mirage has armor of an a10

EDIT: Just look at this screenshot https://s21.postimg.org/qdtb3xmbp/Screen_161106_192710.jpg

Amraam heading straight into him right into his nose and it hit him before his s530D hit me. Mine does nothing to him his somehow hits me and instantly kills me. How when you have said that his radar was destroyed?

Edited by EagleFox

Now I have to wait for failures to develop and risk his buddy to come...

Well. IRL planes dont exploade magically at the moment they get hit by anything...

FCS/Hydro fails, wait 5s for the accumulators to empty, than wait 1-3s to realise he's moving straight only. So yeah, wait...

Besides, the mirage's nose is OP, in the sense than it will take all the damage, blocking it for the rest of the plane. This is something that is present in all plane to some extent, just more on the M2K.

That's the only problem with it.

Well. IRL planes dont exploade magically at the moment they get hit by anything...

FCS/Hydro fails, wait 5s for the accumulators to empty, than wait 1-3s to realise he's moving straight only. So yeah, wait...

Besides, the mirage's nose is OP, in the sense than it will take all the damage, blocking it for the rest of the plane. This is something that is present in all plane to some extent, just more on the M2K.

That's the only problem with it.

The amount of times I hit a mirage in the face with an AMRAAM and it just keeps flying and continues to shoot me with a Magic which insta kills me are hilarious, you cannot deny that there is something very off about the damage model. Sometimes one AMRAAM will make the kill, sure, but very often it doesn't. This is even more apparent with SRMs, you'll almost never kill it with one AIM-9 where as in a F-15 or Su-27 you explode to pieces. It amazes me that RAZBAM doesn't prioritize this bug, or even comments on it for a start. Only thing I've heard is that the damage model is apparently finished...

I do get a lot of kills on them with aim-9s.

While I agree its not perfect, I don't think ED's planes are much better, surviving an AIM-9 without an hydro fail should be possible.

But for 120s, mirages shouldn't be able to survive a direct impact as often, given the missile was designed to take down a bomber. As I said, I think it's just a problem with the nose or something, ALL the rest of the plane is perfectly fine.

The amount of times I hit a mirage in the face with an AMRAAM and it just keeps flying and continues to shoot me with a Magic which insta kills me are hilarious, you cannot deny that there is something very off about the damage model. Sometimes one AMRAAM will make the kill, sure, but very often it doesn't. This is even more apparent with SRMs, you'll almost never kill it with one AIM-9 where as in a F-15 or Su-27 you explode to pieces. It amazes me that RAZBAM doesn't prioritize this bug, or even comments on it for a start. Only thing I've heard is that the damage model is apparently finished...

This is so true. The M2000 is a flying tank :D

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Yea but not in a way that makes them tougher than they should be, quite the opposite...

Well, that's why I always spam 2 missiles when I have M2000 as an opponent no matter what :D

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Strange. Im being shot down a lot, in the Mirage, and only once have I made it back to the airfield, let alone been able to continue flying - no way I could engage in combat in that condition. And that was a R-3R that hit me. With AIM-9, R27's, AIM-120's, I have never survived a hit.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Strange. Im being shot down a lot, in the Mirage, and only once have I made it back to the airfield, let alone been able to continue flying - no way I could engage in combat in that condition. And that was a R-3R that hit me. With AIM-9, R27's, AIM-120's, I have never survived a hit.

How do you dare fighting against F-15 and wasting its precious AMRAAM.

You should eject as soon as you see "15" on SERVAL display :megalol:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi