FM in 1.5.5

BadHabit

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I m not expert but i thing that its normal at high speeds you always need to trim it down for level flight. An airframe that would have tendency to pitch down on high sub

speeds would be a bad thing. Else you are experiencing something else i dont get.

Happy new year!

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

No it's not about trim, it's solely speed related. I can leave the trim alone and the problem will still remain. In short I can't put the aircraft into an accelerated stall at speeds where I definitely should be able to. This didn't use to be so.

There's something very weird going on with the AoA range of this aircraft atm.

Ok I saw what you are talking about. It is an extreme pull up on subsonic speeds, has nothing to do with what I was talking about. I noticed also the same behave with the M2K.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

Depending on the tail surface ratio controller setting beyond ~0.95-1.1M you cannot reach 33° on UUA-1 because the tail surface is at maximum deflection before this value is reached.

Beyond ~1.2M accelerated stall is not possible as the tail surface at max deflection (even with manual APY set to most sensitive) produces less than a stalling AOA.

Depending on the tail surface ratio controller setting beyond ~0.95-1.1M you cannot reach 33° on UUA-1 because the tail surface is at maximum deflection before this value is reached.

Beyond ~1.2M accelerated stall is not possible as the tail surface at max deflection (even with manual APY set to most sensitive) produces less than a stalling AOA.

My problem that this is occuring already at 750 kmh TAS where max true AoA is ~12, and I'm not able to reach the critical AoA (which is currently a very low 15-16 deg) until speed drops to 600 kmh TAS - the AoA gradually increasing from ~12 to ~16 as speed drops from 750 to 600 kmh, max stick deflection all the way.

FM for Mig-21 is very bad. This is also confirmed by former pilots of the aircraft. Cradling at low speed during landing, plus a small axelerace during afterburner. It's a degradation of the aircraft.

kindly provide links ?

when on approach , near the threshold she will start rocking but it could be due to my joystick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

FM for Mig-21 is very bad. This is also confirmed by former pilots of the aircraft. Cradling at low speed during landing, plus a small axelerace during afterburner. It's a degradation of the aircraft.

I would be interesting to know where you have heard former pilots report this.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

My problem that this is occuring already at 750 kmh TAS where max true AoA is ~12, and I'm not able to reach the critical AoA (which is currently a very low 15-16 deg) until speed drops to 600 kmh TAS - the AoA gradually increasing from ~12 to ~16 as speed drops from 750 to 600 kmh, max stick deflection all the way.

That's the pitch ratio changer, it keeps pitch response from being too sensitive at high speeds. It's not perfect though so at some speeds it will limit your turning radius.

If this is realistic or not, I don't know.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

RSBN auto changing? That's not something that I've ever seen. Is it possible a keyboard or joystick binding is changing the channel?

I've looked but I can't find an official source on the APY transmission ratio scheduling except just by what is printed on the gauge face.

I think one of the biggest issue at the moment is too high roll inertia.

Absolutely. The current Mig-21 feels like I'm flying my late grandfather's Oldsmobile. Try a 4-point roll like you see pilots perform in airshow demonstrations.:disgust:

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

RSBN auto changing? That's not something that I've ever seen. Is it possible a keyboard or joystick binding is changing the channel?

I've looked but I can't find an official source on the APY transmission ratio scheduling except just by what is printed on the gauge face.

Nop, i haven't touched any controls / buttons for the RSBN.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

I think one of the biggest issue at the moment is too high roll inertia.

Absolutely. The current Mig-21 feels like I'm flying my late grandfather's Oldsmobile. Try a 4-point roll like you see pilots perform in airshow demonstrations.:disgust:

I've submitted a ticked for this and yesterday it received:

Fixed.

It might be available in the next patch.

• Like 1

Hi, guys... quick interjection here.

Thrust to weight has nothing to do with sustained turn rate. simple.

HUH? (that is an interjection not 2 paragraphs of text ;) )

Thrust to weight isn't just the number you get when you divide thrust to weight? like 10kg thrust devided to 10kg weight you get the number 1.0

The thrust to weight is normally defined at mil power or full AB etc but basically it is just the division of thrust at some point by the weight at that point. So basically I can vary the thrust... by just reducing throttle for example and since the weight decreases slowly (because of fuel burn or ammo release) that T/W ratio will decrease per pilot input if we want.

So what your statement say is that sustained turn rate has nothing to do and is not influenced if you simply cut off the engine altogether.

I don't think is like that. So maybe you shouldn't underline that word "nothing" if it's used only as a figure of speech.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

HUH? (that is an interjection not 2 paragraphs of text ;) )

Thrust to weight isn't just the number you get when you divide thrust to weight? like 10kg thrust devided to 10kg weight you get the number 1.0

The thrust to weight is normally defined at mil power or full AB etc but basically it is just the division of thrust at some point by the weight at that point. So basically I can vary the thrust... by just reducing throttle for example and since the weight decreases slowly (because of fuel burn or ammo release) that T/W ratio will decrease per pilot input if we want.

So what your statement say is that sustained turn rate has nothing to do and is not influenced if you simply cut off the engine altogether.

I don't think is like that. So maybe you shouldn't underline that word "nothing" if it's used only as a figure of speech.

NOPE i was an idiot

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Edited by shab249

NOPE i was an idiot

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You were trying to respond to somebody else?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I just can't seem to land her anymore, she rocks and then wham, i am usually around 300-320 for a touchdown b4 that the rocking starts.

Not sure why. I have my curves set to 25 for roll using an extended 2 feet stick. Could that be an issue ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

• 7 months later...
${1}

In this video among others, we can see the main problem that the Mig-21 has "among others".

Very stiff controls and sensitive control surfaces. Move the stick 1% the aircraft starts banking which gives no time for corrections. Curvatures don't really matter since the in pit stick-control surfaces movement is instant. The stick in-cockpit should have a travel range before control surfaces respond depending on speed and etc.

Take a look at T/O

And in flight

and

Hope this stuff we trigger some movement in the devs team. I see ppl flying this thing nowadays like a boat which is normal since the modeling of the stick to surfaces system is so damn wrong. PEACE!

Edited by BadHabit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52