Could someone explain to me why this happens with the FW-190's Engine?

Rlaxoxo

This in My humble opinion normal and correct, as the Merlin coughs when its cold also, I believe its the engine leaning out at first when its first started and the engine controls haven't totally taken over yet. i've noticed the engine starts then seems to load up, then clears when I speed it to about 1200rpms. its possible its a bug, but its more possible its normal

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This in My humble opinion normal and correct, as the Merlin coughs when its cold also, I believe its the engine leaning out at first when its first started and the engine controls haven't totally taken over yet. i've noticed the engine starts then seems to load up, then clears when I speed it to about 1200rpms. its possible its a bug, but its more possible its normal

Yea but the sound just not being there buggs me it should produce some sort of sound I mean the propeler is still spinning and the aircraft wings are rocking back and forth.

It looks as if nothing is happening like 0 sound what so ever

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Andy might be on to something. It can be an attempt of simulating engine running rough for various reasons near the idle settings, but with old sound samples not reworked to be compatible with these effects. After all we still see new sound samples being introduced to warbirds every now and then when there's some engine modelling change. Looks they didn't adjust them for the 190 though.

We need Yo-Yo to clear things up a bit here.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I tried playing around this issue again and this is so strange

Doesn't matter if I have:

- All of my mods OFF or ON

- Spawn in a Cold start or Hotstart

This bug happens when I spawn at Nellis but if I do the same thing over at Area 51 it doesn't happen

Could it be that it has to do something with the altitude since:

- Area 51 is at 1400~ meters

- Nellis at around 600~ meters

These are Mission conditions

F4ePP2s.png

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Have you made the warm up for the engine? I don't know if that's the correct word for it...

From the Manual

Engine Warmup 1. With closed cooling flaps run engine at about 1000…1200 RPM until oil entry temperature reaches 40°C. 2. Slowly increase towards 1800 RPM, until coolant exit temperature has reached 60-70°C.

Have you made the warm up for the engine? I don't know if that's the correct word for it...

From the Manual

Engine Warmup 1. With closed cooling flaps run engine at about 1000…1200 RPM until oil entry temperature reaches 40°C. 2. Slowly increase towards 1800 RPM, until coolant exit temperature has reached 60-70°C.

I havent no ... I tried increasing the temperature in the mission and the same issue occurs.

Hot start and Coldstart at Nellis have this bug while at the Area 51 the bug doesn't happen

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Hot start and Coldstart at Nellis have this bug while at the Area 51 the bug doesn't happen
Obvious, it's Area 51 mate :lol:.

Weird, it really sounds like engine is stopped, Ata pressure indeed go higher but doesn't reach Atmospheric pressure like he wants to stop but then no :huh:.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Obvious, it's Area 51 mate :lol:.

Weird, it really sounds like engine is stopped, Ata pressure indeed go higher but doesn't reach Atmospheric pressure like he wants to stop but then no :huh:.

S!

You can see the engine is working cus the wings are rocking back and forth like they normally do when you're idle

It's just sound mysteriously disappears ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

It souds like a sound bug. Sound disapears completely. It could be doubted if any sounds remained, but the engine just goes silent, even though it still works.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

the compression of the engine will still rock the wings, even if its not firing, it appears to be a sound issue, as if you push throttle slightly forward engine seems to quit firing and prop still spins indefinently. push throttle a little more and coughs and sputters, and prop almost stops spinning. I tried to see if it would actually quit, but it didn't. push throttle slightly more, eng catches and runs normally. I read in forums that ED's engine model takes into account piston stroke, cam position, fuel flow and and other parameters

by the way I'm on 1.5.5.

p.s. I don't know if its just me but their seems to be a number of "personality" changes to the piston engines lately

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the compression of the engine will still rock the wings, even if its not firing, it appears to be a sound issue, as if you push throttle slightly forward engine seems to quit firing and prop still spins indefinently. push throttle a little more and coughs and sputters, and prop almost stops spinning. I tried to see if it would actually quit, but it didn't. push throttle slightly more, eng catches and runs normally. I read in forums that ED's engine model takes into account piston stroke, cam position, fuel flow and and other parameters

by the way I'm on 1.5.5.

p.s. I don't know if its just me but their seems to be a number of "personality" changes to the piston engines lately

What's strange is that I couldn't replicate this bug when I spawned at Groom Lake (Area 51)

But if I spawn in Nellis I can reproduce it without any effort

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

• 3 weeks later...