Campaign feedback

baltic_dragon

Hey Baltic Dragon. Wow I am loving this campaign so far. Up to mission 4. Had a little trouble on 2 as I couldn't work out the flares but that is my fault. The voice acting and tension building is really amazing. Not to mention the atmosphere for the AAR mission. Just beautiful.

Really nice work.

• Like 1

mission 12

last strike

I had firm intensions to finish the campaign tonight ... started mission 12, followed orders, tuned to right stations ... I came to WP3 and then Claw flight just started circling around doing nothing ... just senseless loitering ... and me with them ... I burned half of my fuel. F-117 tried to bomb someting, but I think they missed. No scripts worked, I quit the mission ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is most weird never happened to me and I tested it at least dozen of times.

The F-117s are supposed to bomb air defences and after that the mission continues. If you heard them that they make an attack and then nothing happened it is possible they missed. OR - which happened to me once - one of the AI planes instead of doing a swcond attack run decided to fly in a random direction and never get back over target, which is an AI bug. Chances are that at next run it would work fine but I will check it tonight of course.

Thanks for the report!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

If you heard them that they make an attack and then nothing happened it is possible they missed.

actually it wasn't the dialogues, how I knew they were bombing something

I was constantly pressing F6 button while circling with Tornadoes ... and suddenly a paveway came up :)

so I'm not even sure the dialogues happened ...

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mission 12 updated

actually it wasn't the dialogues, how I knew they were bombing something

I was constantly pressing F6 button while circling with Tornadoes ... and suddenly a paveway came up :)

so I'm not even sure the dialogues happened ...

Hey Zhen,

I spent last two hours checking the mission.

The thing you reported worked fine for me - I wonder did you use the F10 option when you got on station and started circling with Claw? You will get it if you are in a specific zone around the waypoint 3 (I have enlarged it as well).

However, while testing I found a conflict with the flags which - although not gamebreaking - was quite annoying. I've uploaded a new version of the mission here. Feel free to grab it.

While at it feel free to check the knew version of kneeboard files and let me know what you think.

Mini review on the Campaign

Dunno how to properly post a video, sorry :(

Saw the review, thanks a lot for the kind words. It is always great to see how somebody else plays the mission (that gives a lot of pointers for the future, some things which seem obvious to me during the building process are not so obvious to most of the people playing them - and here great kudos to the beta testers for pointing out many of those moments). It is also a great feeling to see that everything came together nicely and worked as expected!

Good job on the vid, +1!

I'd like to extend my previous post and provide you with some feedback after I've finished the whole campaign. I really liked the campaign, it seemed realistic for me, there was both A2A and A2G combat as well as some familiarization. Voiceovers were fantastic, scripts worked smoothly and I didn't have to repeat a single mission because of a bug or something. Only bigger problem I've encountered was that 3 friendly Mirages crashed into the ground in the mission where you have to defend Vaziani from airstrike. Campaign itself was fairly long, and not very difficuilt to finish (maybe for some seasoned pilots it'll be too easy). Anyway, I really enjoyed it, you did a good work and I'm looking forward to other work of yours. Cheers.

After finishing the campaign, I must say I really like it. It is, like the module, still in beta but it is very stable. I havent seen any bugs. The biggest issue is the erratic and unpredictible AI but that's a DCS problem, not the campaign's

I have a general feedback though, I felt that the M2000C was a bit underestimated by the pilot and by the scenario. If you master it, you can take on more difficult missions. I wished I was a bit more challenged for advanced pilots...

Thanks a lot baltic dragon, I hope you will do a DLC for the Mirage soon. You got me sold.

Thanks guys for your kind words. Bear in mind that the campaign was being built as the module was developed so I had no way to tell how it will behave when it is final nor did I have any experience with pointy noses (I only flew A-10C before jumping on M-2000C). So taking these limitations I am really happy that you liked it!

As for the DLC I will work next year on the M-2000C Red Flag in Nevada, which will be linked with the A-10C Iron Flag campaign, featuring many of the characters who you meet in the stock campaign. And this will also let me to utilize the features of the bird once it is final. So stay tuned.

Thanks guys for your kind words. Bear in mind that the campaign was being built as the module was developed so I had no way to tell how it will behave when it is final nor did I have any experience with pointy noses (I only flew A-10C before jumping on M-2000C). So taking these limitations I am really happy that you liked it!

You are being pessimistic I feel! :) You make it sound like there are a lot of bugs. I finished the campaign and havent seen any bugs, if you follow the instructions that you gave in the other thread. I have seen a couple of things that need ironing but no bugs.

In short, every M2000 owner should do this campaign and they wont regret.

Really loving the work you guys did on this campaign!

I'm not very far in yet (Mission 3) but I was noticing there hasn't been any Gazelles around. Of course I may have missed them but so far only have seen Hueys. Is it because the Gazelle was done by another studio? Seems like studios would want to share these assets for their missions for the immersion of all.

If they show up later in the campaign please ignore this (and don't tell me :) )...

Hey VapoR,

No, studios have nothing to do with it. It's just there is really very little need for a light attack helo like Gazelle, as only a handful of M-2000Cs were deployed in Georgia purely as a deterrent for Russian jets. As the campaign develops you will see that Gazelle wouldn't have any big role to play in it.

So on the helicopter front on blue side you will only see those that are flown by Georgia in real life. OK, and one helo of another nationality in the last mission, but I won't spoil the fun for you.

So far (Mission 7) the campaign is very good. It is more and more interesting.

There only one thing that slightly disturb me is the volume of voices volume that changes. But that's not a real problem, considering the huge work of voice acting I'm impressed.

The campaing is a very good asset to this module.

Thanks for the feedback! You can change the volume for all the radio chatter apart for pilot VOs using the volume knobs inside the pit - in fact I would advise to keep the green radio slightly more quiet than the red one in most of the missions.

If you are referring to specific points, like startup in M1 I am aware of that - this is a product of developing a campaign for an undeveloped module ;) so I had to add bits and pieces, sometimes recorded with different microphone. I don't like the outcome (mostly M1) and perhaps I will be able to redo the whole startup part for that particular mission

Really liked mission 8, and among other things, the ability to give precise commands to the wingman. The standard menu can be somewhat coarse, and not enough when one wants to split the tasks.

I spotted this little typo, not terribly important, I'll put it here just in case you're updating this mission :)

(two "yuour" i/o "your")

["DictKey_ActionText_444"] = "NEW RADIO ITEM (F10)\

\

Report you are starting yuour manuever to draw fire.\

\

(MAKE SURE TO INFORM ALL PARTIES WHEN GOING LOW AND DRAWING FIRE, IT'S ESSENTIAL TO PROGRESS)",

and

["DictKey_ActionRadioText_188"] = "Report you are starting yuour manuever to draw fire",

There's another funny thing, the two "fi" letters merged into the "fi" symbol, I'm only seeing that now (with an editor) so I'm not sure it's a real problem:

["DictKey_ActionText_442"] = "[PLAYER] Copy. I’ll go low over Leningori and draw fire, you keep an eye out for launchers.",

["DictKey_subtitle_780"] = "[FORD 1-1] Pontiac. Be advised, we’re taking small arms fire from the North-East, we are out.",

["DictKey_subtitle_820"] = "[COTON 6-1] Affirm and ready.",

... and some others (15 total).

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I just finished this a few minutes ago and can say now this is possibly the best campaign i have experienced in DCS only rivaled by Spring Tension. The believable ROE's and procedures make even uneventful sorties exciting and the difficulty ramp up is exactly on point, Well done!

Hi. I am flying mission 7 at the moment. With the current state of the AI in the game (wan't this bad for a long time tbh) I'd really reconsider making the survival of the wingman mission critical.

Maybe it's just me but as soon as I take him with me anywhere near below 5000ft AGL he is about 90% certain to commit suicide by CFIT within the next 2 turns. This is beyond frustrating.

Other than that I love the campaign so far. Very well thought out and executed, awesome voiceovers and a great immersive story! Way better than many of the paid DLC campaigns out there. Thanks very much for the effort, I hope other module devs take note!

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

I have only played mission1 and 2 and I would say it is the best SP expirience in DCS.

More missions/campaigns in this manner would make dcs SP and MP much better and realistic expirience. Currently the dcs playground is not very good..

Nice job guys and keep it up. Hope to see more missions/campaigns from you in the future.

I hope not only module devs but all mission builders take note when doing payable missions.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just finish it and appart from a few bug, mainly with radio, it all went smooth.

Congratulation very immersive campaign, rather easy but perfect to learn a bit deaper the Mirage.

Looking forward for the follow up of this campaign in the Nevada Map and why not other if you feel like making some.

Great fun, merci !

I tried with subtitles off for realisn purposes and for not getting used with subs otherwise will struggle in MP with real gci.

Understanding the instructions is very hard. Voices are not very clear and he speaks too fast. I know it is for realism but irl you always can ask "say again", while here if you fail to undrstand your mission is screwed. Even with subs you have limited time to read. Idk if this is solvable somehow.

Another annoying thing is the way ai flies while you have to follow him or more specific colt in m2, when he is trying to manuever he is doing very sharp brake turn and loosing speed drasticly making imposible to stay behind him. I guess this is more ED issue but could be pissible to make his waypoints with smooter turns and more constant speed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]