Salt air is not good for Su-33's

Ice

pretty nice...pretty nice. :D good skin for all the Su 33 flyers out there. :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

holy shit nice! when u release those ill be damn happy. GREAT JOB ICE. Rep points for you!

Ah, but you'll also have "Ice" written on the side of your plane beside the cockpit.

Although, hold on here . . . . I'm assuming it's Ice's name so the other guy knows who's just shot them down, but I could be on the wrong track.

With the 169th being held in such high esteem, I suspect that they've had some Su33s custom made for them. In much the same way that there's a triangular warning label directing people to recue hatches and access on a normal fighter, I reckon the Ice label here is to direct the groundcrew to the high-capacity, industrial-strength, on-board beer fridge on landing, so that the elite pilots of the 169th can enjoy a cold one no matter where they end up.

Am I along the right lines?

I want one!

Oh, yeah, nice skin, too.

Yes nice job on the skin Ice!

One thing I have meant to suggest to people doing high-res skins for the Su-27 and Su-33 though, is to get rid of the numbering/markings applied by the nomera.tga file(they look horrible) and just paint these directly on the skin instead.

The best way of going about this(getting rid of the external markings) without affecting other aircraft using the nomera.tga, is to open the Su-27 and Su-33 cmd files with a hex editor and change the texture refererence; "nomera.tga" to someting else - e.g. to "no-nom.tga" and then either just leave it at that(if the texture doesn't exist it cannot be applied) or alternatively make a copy of the nomera.tga and name it "no-nom.tga", then errase the alpha channel mask in this and put it into the TempTextures folder.

Just a suggestion :) .

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Duly noted. Thanks. Whilst I have your attention. Ive tried using the ED Tools to create a new CDDS file for high res su33 skins but it wont insert the textures. I mentioned it to Czich and he said you had a similar problem. What might I be doing wrong ?

Duly noted. Thanks. Whilst I have your attention. Ive tried using the ED Tools to create a new CDDS file for high res su33 skins but it wont insert the textures. I mentioned it to Czich and he said you had a similar problem. What might I be doing wrong ?

It depends on what the nature of your problem is - can you create a CDDS with other textures?.....or is the problem that you cannot get the CDDSstudio utility to to work at all? :) .

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ