AI viggens not launching all missiles.

Capn kamikaze

I set up a mission where there is another viggen, and we're both attacking a couple of frigates, and even though I have set him up to use all of his missiles he fires one, and then a long time later, like a minute or more later fires the other, rather than both at once, he also seems to fly continuously towards the two ships even after he has fired both missiles, as if he is going to go strafe them, rather than breaking away and staying well outside their SAM zone.

I set up a mission where there is another viggen' date=' and we're both attacking a couple of frigates, and even though I have set him up to use all of his missiles he fires one, and then a long time later, like a minute or more later fires the other, rather than both at once, he also seems to fly continuously towards the two ships even after he has fired both missiles, as if he is going to go strafe them, rather than breaking away and staying well outside their SAM zone.[/quote']

Hi , i have also a wingman problem, my wingman never launch rb15f when attacking a fregate.

I ask him to attack ship ( F1, F2, F7) but he doesn't do anything :cry:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

• 8 months later...

Make sure your active waypoint is the target waypoint (M#)where the ships are when instructing your wingman to attack the ships with Rb-15s. That is what solved the problem for me. A couple times I have had my BX waypoint for my own Rb-15 as the active waypoint and then my wingmen told me „unable“ or „negative“ when instructing them to attack. Switching to M4 (in my case) and telling them to attack again worked fine then.

Hope that helps..

Cheers, Christian

The ai is a bit rubbish at the minute. I think it's a dcs problem rather than leatherneck's fault. Hopefully it will be updated in the future.

I have this small rocket attack on a facility along with a 2-ship AI-Viggens and they keep orbiting/breaking off their attack runs and after lots of grey hair I just switched that flight to Su-25A's with S-13 rockets and they went straight in and delivered their payload not questions asked so there is something with Viggen AI that shouldn't be.

My current view of the Viggen is that it's a player only module (AI is not capable to toss bomb either which is an important feature for the Viggen be it HE or ILLUM bombs in target areas with point airdefence).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My current view of the Viggen is that it's a player only module.

Definitely not true. I am flying a lot of self made missions where AI Viggens (both wingmen as well as other Viggen flights) fire anti-ship missiles and kill ships. Unfortunately I did not endeavor any sort of bombing missions since I prefer anti-surface warfare with the Swedish beauty and the powerful Rb-04s and -15s. So I can‘t talk about AI bombing. Maybe there are issues but saying it is a player-only module would be a bit far fetched.

You are correct by any measures Hog, yes the AI can fire any weapon but not the way one should.

AShM missions with Rb 04 if for me going in at 10m ASL (below radar) and pop up at 35 km letting go of both missiles but the AI rarely goes below 1000 ft making it an easy target.

Bombing, well this is not a B-17 doing carpet bombing from altitude - that, the AI can do - but should be roaring in at 30m dropping all chutes at once or tossing non-chutes from 5 km out.

So yes and no :) the AI can deploy weapons but usually from 3000 ft with the intensity of my late grand mother.

ARAK is currently a mix of hit and miss. Seen them take out a bridge atleast.

They do well with Rb 05 though, always something.

But ok, calling it player only can be a little over the top.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are correct by any measures Hog, yes the AI can fire any weapon but not the way one should.

AShM missions with Rb 04 if for me going in at 10m ASL (below radar) and pop up at 35 km letting go of both missiles but the AI rarely goes below 1000 ft making it an easy target.

Bombing, well this is not a B-17 doing carpet bombing from altitude - that, the AI can do - but should be roaring in at 30m dropping all chutes at once or tossing non-chutes from 5 km out.

So yes and no :) the AI can deploy weapons but usually from 3000 ft with the intensity of my late grand mother.

ARAK is currently a mix of hit and miss. Seen them take out a bridge atleast.

They do well with Rb 05 though, always something.

But ok, calling it player only can be a little over the top.

You are right, Oden. The minimum altitude that AI can fly could need some tweaking. Over the water the lowest I can getbmy wingmen to fly is around 110m - obviously too high for sneaking in underneath the enemies radar. But I believe this is a DCS issue not limited to the Viggen or any other specific aircraft.

I having trouble with AI Viggens and RB04 anti-ship mission in normandy.

They don't attack assigned target. :cry:

If it is possible someone can post a simple mission (in normandy if possible) with just one AI viggen attacking ship with RB04. :helpsmilie:

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals