LN working on F-105 Thunderchief?

Tread_Head57

No its not all you need. BUt thats nother matter entirely again.,

okay believe what you want despite what i tell you and show proof on the contrary. ( this case manual is entirely unclassified, so your comment does not apply here)...

Besides there are no contracts in the case of the F14 . not only is the F14 entirely retired in US. F14 has no foreign users except IRan ( which has the F14A, which we are getting anyways from heatblur) and US companies certainly haven't providing support to them for a long time, due to obvious political reasons.

It helps in conversations such as these to know what you're talking about.

It also helps to have deep pockets and the willingness to work hard for resources to attain the information of interest through other means.

I do all three. You should try it.

denial.thumb.jpg.b5f6db2dec05587c7f802a7199a0b5b6.jpg

• Like 1

It helps in conversations such as these to know what you're talking about.

It also helps to have deep pockets and the willingness to work hard for resources to attain the information of interest through other means.

I do all three. You should try it.

this applies to all modules. stop pretending like this only ever applies to aircraft that dont suit your interests.

and thats a few years old "bud" try again

Heatblur is making a F14A and b and they very much must have manual as as a start

Edited by Kev2go
  • Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Have you read the manual?

There is no information concerning the radar, weapon systems, TCS, IRST, minimal details on the RWR, ECM, or countermeasures.

Would it be a DCS level module without these features?

That said, I think a F-14D module is likely doable if a F/A-18C module is under development, but it is way more work. From a programming standpoint, the avionics are all new and way more sophisticated than the F-14A/B. Also needs an all new cockpit, FM changes, new and much more complicated radar, and a host of other things.

It would be a huge project, but if the DCS: F-14A/B does well then maybe Heatblur would consider it in a few years (if they can get the right info).

-Nick

Have you read the manual?

There is no information concerning the radar, weapon systems, TCS, IRST, minimal details on the RWR, ECM, or countermeasures.

Would it be a DCS level module without these features?

That said, I think a F-14D module is likely doable if a F/A-18C module is under development, but it is way more work. From a programming standpoint, the avionics are all new and way more sophisticated than the F-14A/B. Also needs an all new cockpit, FM changes, new and much more complicated radar, and a host of other things.

It would be a huge project, but if the DCS: F-14A/B does well then maybe Heatblur would consider it in a few years (if they can get the right info).

-Nick

im not debating that its more effort.

Its probably why F14a / b was chosen, easier to do. I know its enough to be a new aircraft, we should be thakfull were getting 2 version tBH,

all im saying is it be nice to see the F14D as a separate module. additionally if irecall seeing a F14D payware for FSX meaning someone did get the license for it approved. Besides some of the stuff can have fill in the blanks, F14D new avonics like Radar have lots of commonality with F15E.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Read the letter regarding the reason for denial. And then realize I have received denials using the same legal precedent for materials going back to the early 60s, and have spent substantial amounts of money for declassification reviews that provided nothing but full pages of black marker redaction for aircraft that I have no direct interest in.

And then realize you still don't know what you're talking about.

Read the letter regarding the reason for denial. And then realize I have received denials using the same legal precedent for materials going back to the early 60s, and have spent substantial amounts of money for declassification reviews that provided nothing but full pages of black marker redaction for aircraft that I have no direct interest in.

And then realize you still don't know what you're talking about.

Yes i do have a pretty good idea. your just being a salty. its not the 60s anymore m8.

That very manual you were suppsdedly denied for the F14A is declassified alread . Plese dont act like your the only person who applies for Freedom for Information in the US. Anyhow F14 manaul something heatblur is using to create the F14 module> a Manual is a must have for a start such a project ( unless you they go for unrealistic module or willingess to bend realism which i done think is the case of Heatblur)

Yes someone has to make the first step for freedom of information, but your example is moot here since its already declassified.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

There hasn't been a legitimate payware F-14D for FSX. There was Dinos free version, using a cobbled together methodology of interface design from videos, SMEs, and what few screens are described in the F14AAD-1.

Nobody ever got a license for it, and nobody ever got the 1.1s or the 2 series manuals describing the screens and functionality.

wow look whos talking

two can play at this game

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Yes i do have a pretty good idea. your just being a salty. its not the 60s anymore m8.

Look at the date on the letter. And then read up on US law regarding the release of information from the Fed and the reasons they can deny unclassified information.

You're just being an imbecile- stop that.

Anyhow F14 mmanul something heatblur is using to create the F14 module> a Manual is a must have for a star such a project ( unless you they go for unrealisitc fantasy module which i done think is the case)

Considering that:

A. Their primary work is on the F-14B, rendering the A manual useless, and

B. that you're calling their source for the F-14B performance manual "salty",

you really should find yourself a better hobby.

Yes someone has to make the first step for freedom of information, but your example is moot here since its already declassified.

Protip: declassificaton does not infer access. Nor does it mean that you can find it. See 2 in the response above.

Edited by lunaticfringe

Look at the date on the letter. And then read up on US law regarding the release of information from the Fed and the reasons they can deny unclassified information.

You're just being an imbecile- stop that.

Considering that:

A. Their primary work is on the F-14B, rendering the A manual useless, and

B. that you're calling their source for the F-14B performance manual "salty",

you really should find yourself a better hobby.

Protip: declassificaton does not infer access. Nor does it meaneed that you can find it. See 2 in the response above.

yes denial would be relevant but i saw the date its 3 years old.

A)Thier work is on Both the F14A+ and the F14B. F14B is a more refined tomcat anyhow. no logic there, and yet ive been hearing the exact opposite, that thier work is More centered on the F14A And B will release later.

B) i called you salty not Leatherneck (or rather Heatblurs) source of the F14. Its pretty obvious they need a manual to start any real work You suggesting otherwise is malareky.

Yes whilst Declassifiecation doesnt mean free access from the get go , you cant suggest otherwise that they don't have access to it. A manual or other such core information is going to be needed to start a Full fidelity Project.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Let me provide you with a hint:

You called Heatblur's source salty because this is my hobby.

Now, do you want to try and pawn off your failed grasp of the English language, US law, and any other facts pertinent to this conversation as less than my ten years experience in doing this same thing your understanding is a mere conceptual idea in, or do I need to bring up the fact that I've easily spent more in FOIAs and manuals in that time than your gross income last year?

20170315_143224.thumb.jpg.ff8d24c07e85a139c0cf8ade5afb8724.jpg

Let me provide you with a hint:

You called Heatblur's source salty because this is my hobby.

Now, do you want to try and pawn off your failed grasp of the English language, US law, and any other facts pertinent to this conversation as less than my ten years experience in doing this same thing your understanding is a mere conceptual idea in, or do I need to bring up the fact that I've easily spent more in FOIAs and manuals in that time than your gross income last year?

no called you salty. not LN, Boy oh boy you know thier egos threatened when they start snapping pictures of personal items and posting it online.

and good for you that you have a hobby of collecting data But ownership of copies doesn't make you special, But it think that that is the reason why your Ego forces you to think your are correct all the time. ( we all know Pierre Sprey right?)

Its ok i forgive you maybe one day you'l wake up and see the error of your ways ;)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

no called you salty. not LN

"Heatblur's source".

That's not LN. That's not Heatblur.

That's me.

But that's okay- you're slow.

and good for you that you have a hobby of collecting data But ownerhsip of copies does'nt make you special

No- it makes me both knowledgeable, and more experienced, in the process of collecting information than you. It also gives me a history with the process of approval and denial, and the time limitations imposed for review after a denial.

Meanwhile, spouting off at the mouth on a subject that you've been repeatedly shown to have no experience or understanding of, doesn't make you special either- it marks you as someone with no value to add in such conversations, and whom should thus be ignored.

• Like 1

"Heatblur's source".

That's not LN. That's not Heatblur.

That's me.

But that's okay- you're slow.

No- it makes me both knowledgeable, and more experienced, in the process of collecting information than you. It also gives me a history with the process of approval and denial, and the time limitations imposed for review after a denial.

Meanwhile, spouting off at the mouth on a subject that you've been repeatedly shown to have no experience or understanding of, doesn't make you special either- it marks you as someone with no value to add in such conversations, and whom should thus be ignored.

you implied it But people imply many vague things here all the time ( who pretend to be in the know)

was it so hard to say it outright to try to cast any doubt aside, seems not

Knowledge is appreciated, but not in the way you present it. If you really were so knowledgeable then your ego wouldn't be threatened and you wouldn't be trying so hard spouting insults so much. I can see you are also upset because you don't like it it when others know stuff some stuff, and have very open perception.

First you claim it was denied, and you had no access then you say you do have it. Seems you can even get your stories straight.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

you implied it But people imply many vague things here all the time

"their source"

"Heatblur's source"

Neither of these things are an implication of it being Heatblur itself, but their SME/provider. The usage of language is clear as crystal.

I can see you are also upset because you don't like it it when others know stuff some stuff, and have very open perception.

That's what's amusing about this conversation, and not upsetting in the least: the fact that you don't actually know anything, and are incapable of grasping what you are being told, because your supposed "open perception"- ie, *actual* ignorance of the subject is in the way.

First you claim it was denied, and you had no access then you say you do have it.

The FOIA was denied.

I acquired the manual through other means; like I said- "deep pockets" and "resources".

Or is subtext above your pay grade?

Seems you can even get your stories straight.

Like that payware F-14D for FSX you mentioned.

"their source"

"Heatblur's source"

Neither of these things are an implication of it being Heatblur itself, but their SME/provider. The usage of language is clear as crystal.

That's what's amusing about this conversation, and not upsetting in the least: the fact that you don't actually know anything, and are incapable of grasping what you are being told, because your supposed "open perception"- ie, *actual* ignorance of the subject is in the way.

The FOIA was denied.

I acquired the manual through other means; like I said- "deep pockets" and "resources".

Or is subtext above your pay grade?

Like that payware F-14D for FSX you mentioned.

You never said that. at all. for someone who claims to deal in facts and historical you sure like insulation ad subtext dont you. Again you seem t be a contradiction of yourself.

anyways yes is just your perception of what you think other people DO or dont know. its easy to just insult people that threaten your ego and your self righteous statements

well anyways

"Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king."

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

A)Thier work is on Both the F14A+ and the F14B. F14B is a more refined tomcat anyhow. no logic there, and yet ive been hearing the exact opposite, that thier work is More centered on the F14A And B will release later.

You have heard wrong.

It's actually more likely the F-14B would be first if we do a tiered approach. -B is lead development version.

And you should really chill out.

oogh argh thunderchief, back on topic...

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

You have heard wrong.

And you should really chill out.

Not quite exactly that. I just recalling older information because i haven't read all the recent news. i don't recall reading even in recent mini update a clarification that B was coming first. At the beginning the plan was very vague and not specified which version was being released first.

Q: Will you be separating the -A and -B model Tomcats in the sim?

A: Indeed! It is also possible that one model will be released some time before the other.

We're working on the version of the aircraft is still currently based around a -B model exterior and -A model interior.

The again its not surprising not much point ( apart from personal preference) flying F14A when there is a F14B available apart from perhaps earlier time period scenarios. Its common psychology I i suspect most people will gravitate towards the more definitive version available anyhow especially due to lack of time period scenarios atm. its certainly something i won't complain over Not having an F14A to fly at day 1 release, but its always nice when we get multiple versions of an aircraft.

& Naah the other guy should.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

oogh argh thunderchief, back on topic...

Sure ofc, I agree its time to veer things back on course.

b80144bf09ae79e7fb7936f4b237834d.jpg

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Protip: declassificaton does not infer access. Nor does it mean that you can find it. See 2 in the response above.

Words of wisdom.

I keep trying to rep you for all the info you provided over the years and yet i still need to spread it around first :(

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache