Could you please fix the Viggen's subpar performance?

Hummingbird

Pardon me king Neil. I shall put forth all my questions to your personal board of taste and approval before I dare to air them.

You strawmanned to many things in there it's hard to know where to start.

Making a long explanation slightly shorter: I fly mainly(only?) three planes, 21bis, M2k and Viggen. All of which have/had fm/engine bugs/dev-issues. I think it was Heatblur themself that said a couple of weeks ago that not all changes are noted in log by ED during update (I think?) and someone already stated in the Induced Drag thread, that the problem has already been resolved apparently?

(https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181787&page=3).

This made me unsure whether the fm had been improved or the engine-issue solved. Also I'm to stupid and to lazy to find out. There are surely more capable ppl in here who already have tested and know this. That has been proven before... So since I was unsure and rather than me doing tests with Spreadsheet, ect. ect. every weekend on my 3 favourite aircrafts to see if fm/engine changed I thought I'd simply ask. Yes I am exaggerating but still... Also I did not ask the devs or any of the things you claim. I simply posted a follow up question that I hoped some one could answer or maybe clarify. I guess someone answered...

And hey, f* me for asking right?

N.B No hate on Heatblur or anything of that nature. They are doing a great job.

Edited by SpeedStick
  • Like 1

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Aye, of course, there is no reason to assume that a community member is asking the developers unless they are addressing the developer or company by name, in this particular case, a question was asked without specifying the recipient, which is standard practice in a community forum, and it should not be infered that it is some kind of pestering, especially when there is so much change and so many bright community members who can respond and give more detailed technical information.

It's a fair and good question to the many. No need to assume otherwise or get defensive on someone else's behalf.

Pardon me king Neil. I shall put forth all my questions to your personal board of taste and approval before I dare to air them.

You strawmanned to many things in there it's hard to know where to start.

Making a long explanation slightly shorter: I fly mainly(only?) three planes, 21bis, M2k and Viggen. All of which have/had fm/engine bugs/dev-issues. I think it was Heatblur themself that said a couple of weeks ago that not all changes are noted in log by ED during update (I think?) and someone already stated in the Induced Drag thread, that the problem has already been resolved apparently?

(https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181787&page=3).

This made me unsure whether the fm had been improved or the engine-issue solved. Also I'm to stupid and to lazy to find out. There are surely more capable ppl in here who already have tested and know this. That has been proven before... So since I was unsure and rather than me doing tests with Spreadsheet, ect. ect. every weekend on my 3 favourite aircrafts to see if fm/engine changed I thought I'd simply ask. Yes I am exaggerating but still... Also I did not ask the devs or any of the things you claim. I simply posted a follow up question that I hoped some one could answer or maybe clarify. I guess someone answered...

And hey, f* me for asking right?

N.B No hate on Heatblur or anything of that nature. They are doing a great job.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Im 100% certain that forum comments are exceedingly easy to ignore, backseat moderating is just so...unseemly. I've even seen people say things like "Dont suggest that! They should work on something else!" as if the devs have no choice but to hold forum comments as ironclad orders.

If someone posts something you dont agree with, just let it die, posting just bumps the thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Im pretty sure something as big as the induced drag FM issue would have been mentioned in the patch notes. (If it was fixed)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

The issue with underperforming lift in medium speeds (mentioned in this thread), as well as engine under performing at altitude (the fuel regulator issue Cobra mentioned) as well as over performing afterburner at altitude where all corrected a while back and was included in the DCS 2.1.1 release or earlier. There might have been other fixes I don't remember. If there are issues please let me know.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

So there will be no more AJS updates to 1.5.6 but we should wait for 2.5?

This is actually a valid question. 1.5.7 was released today for open beta. No patch notes for the Viggen in that patch.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Could you please fix the Viggen's subpar performance?

No no all updates in the 2.1-branch also applies to the 1.5-branch for the Viggen. Here's a list: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3173806&postcount=305

Trying to keep all branches of DCS with a up-to-date Viggen.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Thanks for the reply RagnarDa however the Viggen was not mentioned in the official patch notes released today. Does this mean that the fixes did not make it into today's patch?

3rd Parties Submit their Patch Notes to ED before they are posted, if nothing is submitted, then nothing for the 3rd party is added to the change log.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 1 year later...
Hi Hummingbird! I am sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. I really appreciate the tests that you did, really really helps nailing down the issue and its a commandable effort of you! Thanks for that! I have been very busy with trying to fix things on the Viggen and you might or might not agree with me on what I choose to prioritize instead over this. Hopefully I will have more time available soon. Thanks for sticking it out with me!

Good morning!

RagnarDa, is this issue still on the to-do-list? Just asking ...

Thanks

TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I am not really sure ... you are not sure too? :P

Just wanted to clean up a few threads (including my own ones), but I wasn't able to find any hint in the update logs regarding this one.

I am pretty sure this entry is related to the optizimation of code ... not the aircraft performance: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3282690&postcount=400

Optimized some code for improved performance

Maybe it is this entry here:

Fix to lift performance in slow speeds/high alpha flight

which I found in the 2.5.0 updatelog.

Edited by TOViper
found something else ...

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Last time I tried, it was still hard to accelerate the Viggen in a shallow climb (or even level flight) at mil power after takeoff with only XT carried. I know about induced drag and all that but it still seems underpowered.

This is all subjective of course. Haven't checked against any charts.

Skickat från min G8441 via Tapatalk