Romanian MiG's

javelina1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Those Lancers are realy cool, I wouldn't mind seeing them in DSC some day :D. Romania, Bulgaria and Croatia are the only NATO members still flying Fishbeds, the latter two use the "vanilla :). Not sure about Bulgaria, but Croatia will probably replace them soon with either Gripens or F-16.

edit: it seems Bulgaria doesn't use Mig-21 anymore?

Edited by grunf

Those Lancers are realy cool, I wouldn't mind seeing them in DSC some day :D. Romania, Bulgaria and Croatia are the only NATO members still flying Fishbeds, the latter two use the "vanilla :). Not sure about Bulgaria, but Croatia will probably replace them soon with either Gripens or F-16.

Adding the lancer can be one solution at the classical problem of simming more modern soviet/russin jets... With the same airframe... Two in one, double the better

Bulgaria retired their -21's in December of 2015.

• Like 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Adding the lancer can be one solution at the classical problem of simming more modern soviet/russin jets... With the same airframe... Two in one, double the better

Lancer is not Soviet or Russian at all. Bison and 1993 is.

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

R

Lancer is not Soviet or Russian at all. Bison and 1993 is.

I know the Lancer's upgrades comes from Israel (Elbit Systems if i'm not wrong) however the airframe is the same...

Bison, which variant is that one?

Nevermind, just found out!! Me wants :D

Edited by Sarraceno

There is a little confusion here about the modern versions of the Mig-21 and i want to clarify it... There were several modernisation packages made by different producers, all of them having nothing in common to each other. More exactly 3 different versions, 2 of them made by israelis and 1 by the russians. The israelis had the Lancers(derived from MFs and made by Elbit, implemented on romanian migs only) and the Mig-21 2000(derived from the Bis, made by IAI and not adopted by any air force in the world). The russians had the Mig-21-93, derived by the Bis and implemented on the indian migs under the name of Bison. Now, i'm not very sure if the Bison doesn't have some israeli pods too, from the IAI's mig-21 2000, but in proportion of 95% it is definitely russian's mig-21-93.