IMPORTANT MiG-21bis StarForce PATCH - APRIL 2017

Dolphin887

i tried to run the registry delete file and it corrupted DCS and i had to delete and reinstall the whole game, and it still won't activate. i deactivated it but it didn't give me a activation key and i can't activate it in the updater application as auto activation doesn't work. I have tried everything and nothing has worked.

This is utter nonsense.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is utter nonsense.

i ran the registry delete and then i would get an error every time i tried to run the game, and i deleted DCS, reinstalled it and now DCS works again but i still can't activate the mig. it may not have been due to the registry delete file but i ran the file and the next time i tried to open DCS it gave me an error message. maybe i corrupted the file or something. i deactivated the Mig but the auto deactivate said that the deactivation may not have been successful on the server although it was deactivated on the computer, but then when i went onto the star force waste to attempt the deactivation again i just got a red box at the top with a bullet point but no text, and it didn't give me a reactivation code, and i can't get a new hardware code to activate it on star force because i get the integrity fault with the activation key whenever i try and active or even use the activation by other means.

I dont expect much from customer service but it is frankly unacceptable for you to speak like that to a paying customer. i was hoping you would be able to help me resolve this issue but you dont seem particularly interested in that as you made no effort to assist me.

the Mig used to be my favourite add on but to be honest i want no more to do with this company now.

• Like 1

i ran the registry delete and then i would get an error every time i tried to run the game, and i deleted DCS, reinstalled it and now DCS works again but i still can't activate the mig. it may not have been due to the registry delete file but i ran the file and the next time i tried to open DCS it gave me an error message. maybe i corrupted the file or something. i deactivated the Mig but the auto deactivate said that the deactivation may not have been successful on the server although it was deactivated on the computer, but then when i went onto the star force waste to attempt the deactivation again i just got a red box at the top with a bullet point but no text, and it didn't give me a reactivation code, and i can't get a new hardware code to activate it on star force because i get the integrity fault with the activation key whenever i try and active or even use the activation by other means.

I dont expect much from customer service but it is frankly unacceptable for you to speak like that to a paying customer. i was hoping you would be able to help me resolve this issue but you dont seem particularly interested in that as you made no effort to assist me.

the Mig used to be my favourite add on but to be honest i want no more to do with this company now.

Jim, honestly, I think you should sit down and take a deep breath.

Then try to reformulate your message, breaking it up instead of trying to write everything in one go.

One gets exhausted just reading it, sorry.

For instance like this:

I ran the registry delete and then I would get an error every time I tried to run the game.

I deleted DCS, reinstalled it and now DCS works again but I still can't activate the Mig.

It may not have been due to the registry delete file but I ran the file and the next time I tried to open DCS it gave me an error message.

Maybe I corrupted the file or something.

I deactivated the Mig but the auto deactivate said that the deactivation may not have been successful on the server although it was deactivated on the computer.

Then when I went onto the star force waste (did you mean page here?) to attempt the deactivation again I just got a red box at the top with a bullet point, but no text, and it didn't give me a reactivation code.

I also can't get a new hardware code to activate it on star force because I get the integrity fault with the activation key whenever I try to activate or even use the activation by other means.

Easier to read, right?

After setting this up, one could ask you:

1. Which exact error message did you get?
    (screenshot is fine here)
  2. How did you try to activate again?
    StarForce page, in DCS module manager, in Activation window or how?
  3. Did you patch all versions on your PC before attempting to activate again?

You must understand, you need to make an effort to be accurate in your error reporting, in order to make the support guys able to help you.

They do want to, you know. ;)

And, actually Dolphin887 did try to give you a suggestion.

Did you try what he said?

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

the advice was for another user. as i said i already tried the registry cleaner file.

I just got the standard integrity fault with the activation key when i tried to activate and once DCS was corrupted it gave me a premature EOF error and wouldn't open. i dont know exactly what it said since i have fixed that error now.

i tried to activate in the star force page, module manager AND auto activation window and even trie the other means of activation.

Star Force said i had an invalid hardware code that it gave me when i tried to deactivate and as its already deactivated i can't do it again to get a new one to reactivate.

i missed the first notification for the March patch but deactivated in all versions and patched them all for the April patch. i

then once i had reinstalled DCS i only had one version anyway.

It's been some time i'm not able to use the mig 21 because after a ram change on my pc it took me 1 mig 21 activation each time i wanted to start DCS.

I did not investigate because i had no much time, then i noticed mig 21 was now failing activation or desactivation...

Following the update

I followed all the steps,

Now it says my licence is invalid...

What to do ?

the advice was for another user. as i said i already tried the registry cleaner file.

I just got the standard integrity fault with the activation key when i tried to activate and once DCS was corrupted it gave me a premature EOF error and wouldn't open. i dont know exactly what it said since i have fixed that error now.

i tried to activate in the star force page, module manager AND auto activation window and even trie the other means of activation.

Star Force said i had an invalid hardware code that it gave me when i tried to deactivate and as its already deactivated i can't do it again to get a new one to reactivate.

i missed the first notification for the March patch but deactivated in all versions and patched them all for the April patch. i

then once i had reinstalled DCS i only had one version anyway.

Ok, sounds complicated.

My bad btw about the advice, sorry for that.

Anyway, I think I would try the registry method one more time, then do a repair of DCS.

Make sure it is indeed patched to latest version, 1.5.6.3930.271.

After that I would try if it will activate in the DCS/Auto activation window only, and see if it works.

If it doesn't, I would try to write to support with your problem and your licence key.

Based on what I saw from other guys they might be able to fix your StarForce lockout, or provide you with a new key.

I hope you get it solved.

Edited by Sporg

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

1.5.6.xxxxx Update 2 - TBD

Adjusted suspension dampers to be more rigid.

Adjusted flaps’ drag coefficients.

Adjusted pitch, roll, and yaw stability.

Fixed RSBN, PRMG, SAU automatic landing modes, causing unwanted oscillation.

Fixed landing/taxi light inputs.

Added inputs to silent ARC/RSBN signals.

This last update dated April 6, 2017 is not yet on the steam version ?

<White Tiger>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1.5.6.xxxxx Update 2 - TBD

This last update dated April 6, 2017 is not yet on the steam version ?

On steam DCS(openbeta) branch we still have the older version 1.5.6.3690 Update 1. Normal/release version is even older I think, before starforce/mig21 patch. Maybe ED will update later steam too this week, I don't know.

Do I need to do anything if I use STEAM version of DCS with MIG-21 Module purchased from STEAM?

It depends which version you have...normal/release or openbeta on steam.

If it is the release, then my understanding is that's the old 1.5.6.1938 version and old starforce mig21 (you can check the version in main menu of dcs for example, at the bottom right corner). In this case, you should follow the pdf step by step guide in the first post of this pinned thread, deactivating mig21 first and waiting for ED to patch steam release version too, or alternatively opt into openbeta branch on steam after you deactivated the mig module. Openbeta (currently 1.5.6.3690) has the new starforce patch already applied on steam.

If you already use openbeta branch on steam and mig works, then all is good. If it doesn't work, you will have to reactivate it. If reactivation fails for some reason (for some users it did), you would have to run the registry deletion/clean which is also mentioned in the pdf guide, restart your pc and then proceed with activation anew.

Hope it helps.

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

i tried to run the registry delete file and it corrupted DCS and i had to delete and reinstall the whole game, and it still won't activate. i deactivated it but it didn't give me a activation key and i can't activate it in the updater application as auto activation doesn't work. I have tried everything and nothing has worked.

If you don't know how a thing works... don't make extraordinary claims that will make you look ridiculous. Is this how you act when something breaks under warranty? You go to the shop and claim it ruined the economy of the country?

This is all that reg file contains:

NP9zoPr.jpg

Let me explain what that file does with that text:

First line is just a description... does nothing... it just says what the file is and with what it was build.

"Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00"

Second line tells to YOUR windows registry editor... this guy:

X0hhPJx.jpg

to go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Leatherneck Simulations\DCS:MiG-21 BiS\Keys

that means here (look at the arrows and the status bar of that window and the text above picture and recognize the "folders":

t4Kn4z8.jpg

And then replace whatever is in the final "folder" and only that "folder"!!!! with NOTHING. So if you had anything... like me now the things on the right and the "sub-folder" called "License0" it will simply delete them.

Anything else id did to you it can only be your own fault. Got that? Deleting the key info for your DCS Mig21 Module has no effect on DCS World!!! NONE! It will just prompt you to reactivate Mig21.

PS. In windows registry editor those "folders" are called actually "hives" but is not of any importance the name.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I'd be surprised if someone hasn't asked this yet, but I'm asking for a couple of the guys in my squadron that do not visit the forums. They had no idea that they needed to deactivate the 21 prior to this last update. Now, they are getting an error message for the 21 when starting DCS. One of them just uninstalled the Mig21 and he doesn't get the error message any more.

Is there a process to make things right if someone did this? If so, could someone point me in the right direction so I can help them?

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

I'd be surprised if someone hasn't asked this yet, but I'm asking for a couple of the guys in my squadron that do not visit the forums. They had no idea that they needed to deactivate the 21 prior to this last update. Now, they are getting an error message for the 21 when starting DCS. One of them just uninstalled the Mig21 and he doesn't get the error message any more.

Is there a process to make things right if someone did this? If so, could someone point me in the right direction so I can help them?

All cases are covered in the documents in the first post, did they try to follow those instructions?

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I can't follow the instructions because the program refused to de-activate the Mig-21 module. I get an error that says:

Unable to deactivate the product key due to integrity fault of the Activation Key. Only valid licenses can be deactivated.

Does anybody know what to do?

Edited by MonsterZero

NZXT Phantom Red Case

Intel Core i5-2500K CPU

GeForce GTX 770

GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 ATX Intel Motherboard

COUGAR SX850 850W PSU

CORSAIR Dominator 24 GB RAM

SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-222AB

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus Cooler

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

I can't follow the instructions because the program refused to de-activate the Mig-21 module. I get an error that says:

It's one of the described cases in the pdf (and many, many posts in this thread cover this specific problem). Look for part 4 in the document and you should be good to go.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• ED Team

check your key here make sure it is not a black listed one https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/licensing/

if it is contact support https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/?add=Y

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

From the message it looks like attempting to deactivate from a new version, he'll have to use step 4 and remove the registry key.

(https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3103176&postcount=30 and replies, for ex)

Oh, or were there key "exchanges" that led to their being blacklisted? o.O

Edited by Redglyph

THE PDF instructions don't work. You cannon "update the product" if it's already updated to the latest version. The update process is automatic every time I launch the game. I don't have the ability to update anything.

Also, I cannot deactivate the license. It's giving me the registry integrity error.

This is insane.

How can the developers entrust their software to this "Starfoce" company? I thought they've caused massive problems in the past. There was a big problem involving Silent Hunter III the submarine sim. Star Force almost ruined the Silent Hunter. People were uninstalling the game just to purge Star Force from their system.

Edited by MonsterZero

NZXT Phantom Red Case

Intel Core i5-2500K CPU

GeForce GTX 770

GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 ATX Intel Motherboard

COUGAR SX850 850W PSU

CORSAIR Dominator 24 GB RAM

SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-222AB

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus Cooler

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

THE PDF instructions don't work. You cannon "update the product" if it's already updated to the latest version. The update process is automatic every time I launch the game. I don't have the ability to update anything.

Also, I cannot deactivate the license. It's giving me the registry integrity error.

This is insane.

How can the developers entrust their software to this "Starfoce" company? I thought they've caused massive problems in the past. There was a big problem involving Silent Hunter III the submarine sim. Star Force almost ruined the Silent Hunter. People were uninstalling the game just to purge Star Force from their system.

Have you actually read part 4?

I noticed last week that the Mig couldn't run. I was going to send in a gripe but real life activities distracted me. Today, I read this thread.

For me, as long as they are trying to put this back together again, as long as they KNOW about this problem, I'm happy to just wait until the dust settles and we are all happy cutting contrails in the virtual air again.

Keep on keeping on, guys.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...