GBU's and the A-10

EricJ

Guest IguanaKing

Awesome! Thanks Dice! :thumbup: Can you tell me which stations would be capable of carrying the 28? I'm thinking 6, and possibly 4 and 8.

Guest IguanaKing

Warthogmadman987, nope, the Hog can't carry GBUs on TERs...to my knowledge anyway. You could do it with LOPE, but it wouldn't be realistic.

Warthogmadman987, nope, the Hog can't carry GBUs on TERs...to my knowledge anyway. You could do it with LOPE, but it wouldn't be realistic.

This is what happened on a test flight for the Su-33:

flight156.jpg

flight157.jpg

flight158.jpg

Think it was just a shatty angle I was firing at, and they pretty much went ballistic, but you carry six, you'll drop six, though of course could be different for the A-10.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Hey EricJ, i have had that happen in the past also. I was carried some GBU's (this was right when LOPE came out) and they did almost that same thing. They were going at about mach 4 also, when i looked at the speed bar. I think that is becuase the Su wasnt modelled to carry LBG's, like i have tried in the past. It works on the A-10 correctly.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=18925&page=5

Here's some more, if you drop single LGBs then they work as they should (along with the KAB-500) provided you launch it within the parameters on the HUD or they'll just go wherever. Funny thing about the KAB-500 though, once you release, it pretty much guides on it's own, so you can use them more in a fire and forget manner. Not sure with the LGBs as if the HUD symbology stays, I keep the lock going.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Guest IguanaKing

I'm going to continue by adding GBU-15s. That one is TV/IR guided, so I'll have to give it a try and see if LOMAC has the code to handle it. Hopefully its sensor will display on the TVM. I'll add the others later. The GBU-28, I'll add once we get word from the Dice man about where it can be hung.

Guest IguanaKing

Thanks for the info, Mustang. Haven't tried that one yet since its a Marine Corps missile. If it is realistically carried by the Hog though, I'll add it. IIRC, that's got the heavy warhead, so the Hog would only be able to carry two of them.

I've been test firing the GBU range on some ammo depots just as an experiment and here's what I found;

GBU-28, 24 and 15's visually are very poor, basically copy and paste jobs from flanker. However out of these three only 2X GBU-24's could penetrate an ammo depot. I thought two bunker busting 28's would do it for sure but it couldn't penetrate. I think that's gotta be wrong maybe if they were used by AI it might be different. GBU-15 cant be used.

GBU-16, 12 and 10 all look great visually and worthy to ride underneath the Hog :smilewink: . Now once again only 2X GBU-10's could penetrate the depot and the rest failed to punch through..

The only GBU's worth carrying I guess would be the ones that either look good or can penetrate which would be the GBU-16, 12 and 10. Unless someone can come up with different results.

screenshot289vu7.th.jpg screenshot290cm8.th.jpg screenshot291al5.th.jpg

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Guest IguanaKing

Cosmo, did you end up screwing up your AGM-65Ds when you added those others? Every time you use LOPE and save a configuration, the AGM-65Ds get screwed up in their visual orientation on the LAU if you select 2 per station.

This site seems to have some gen on platform specs.

Ref:- http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/smart/index.html

Lt. Commander Block: Every aerial photo and recon report indicate a defensive arsenal in the D, and perhaps negative C, categories. There's also some anti-aircraft squadrons.

Admiral Benson: I don't have a clue what you're talkin' about, Phil. Not a clue. I have a shell the size of a fist in my head. Pork Chop Hill. The only way I can make this toupee to stay on is by magnetizing the entire upper left quadrant of my skull, so you just go ahead and do what you do.

Cosmo, did you end up screwing up your AGM-65Ds when you added those others? Every time you use LOPE and save a configuration, the AGM-65Ds get screwed up in their visual orientation on the LAU if you select 2 per station.

I'll check but now that you mention it I don't remember seeing the 65D's pop up on the HUD as I ran through the load i was carrying. :cry:

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok the only prob I had was that I couldn't choose 2X AGM-65D's on station 9. I could for station 3 however if the load out was already made with 4 AGM-65D's then it worked with 2X AGM-65D's showing up on both station 9 and 3.

No big deal seeing as I backed everything up and as soon as I went back to your meinit.xml file then everything seems to be working again.. Thx for the heads up :thumbup: .

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest IguanaKing

You can fix it and keep all of your other stuff, you just have to go into LOPE and make sure you have 2 Mavs as a possibility on both 3 and 9. Then, you just wade through the Meinit file and change the last digit in the CLSID for 2*AGM-65D from 2 to 3 on station 9. :D

Thanks IK used your fix.

1 didn't seem to work on a moving target.

2 i forgot to use the 'o' key but noticed that the pipper changed to 'locked' pipper. at that point i released the weapon and all was fine.

3 the meint.xml with the fix was 5% smaller than the original have you any ideas why?

4 I cannot load BetaOABshp onto Tu-160 or the bear. is this fixable?

thanks again for the fix hope these question don't seem too stupid.

col

You can fix it and keep all of your other stuff, you just have to go into LOPE and make sure you have 2 Mavs as a possibility on both 3 and 9. Then, you just wade through the Meinit file and change the last digit in the CLSID for 2*AGM-65D from 2 to 3 on station 9. :D

I had a feeling the solution was berried in the Meinit file but every time I open that thing up I start feeling dizzy LOL :punch:

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IK, I’m sorry I guess I should have said the A-10 is cleared to carry all LGBs but, I guess you know already it can’t carry the GBU-15 because of the data link needed.

The A-10 can carry the GBU-28 on stations 4/5/6/7/8, of course with matched pairs on either side of the aircraft IE 4/8, 5/7, or a single on 10.

I don't believe the A-10 has been tested with the AGM-65E but let me check.

Ugly but well hung!

Guest IguanaKing
IK, I’m sorry I guess I should have said the A-10 is cleared to carry all LGBs but, I guess you know already it can’t carry the GBU-15 because of the data link needed.

The A-10 can carry the GBU-28 on stations 4/5/6/7/8, of course with matched pairs on either side of the aircraft IE 4/8, 5/7, or a single on 10.

I don't believe the A-10 has been tested with the AGM-65E but let me check.

Dice, I've been thinking about this. Are you sure about the GBU-28? That's a BLU-113 on there, its a big'un. :smilewink: I didn't know that about the GBU-15, but it looks like it doesn't feed video in LOMAC anyway. The ACP recognizes it as an E/O weapon, but that's as far as it goes. I was thinking it was a possibility since the Hog has carried GBU-8s in the past, but I think that was just during OT&E in the 70's.

Warthogmadman, no worries dude, I'll add what we're sure about at this point and go from there. Every time I add a weapon I have to go back through the meinit file and manually correct the 2-missile AGM-65D configuration, but its no problem now, I just marked the side of my monitor with a piece of masking tape to mark where I need to drag the scroll bar to get to that part of the file. I'll upload it shortly. Let me know when you're done with your movie, I'd like to see that. :D