best campaign for a new SP with little time?

oho

I don't have too much time for flying unfortunately, so I'm looking for an imersive campaign without having to start with cold engines from Hangar, not too much AA / SAMs etc around. In KA50 there is an automatic cold start where I can accelerate time, but in A10 the key LWin Home obviously doesn't worksad.gif

I started with Georgian Hammer but would also spend some money for an imersive scripted campaign if necessary.

I don't have too much time for flying unfortunately, so I'm looking for an imersive campaign without having to start with cold engines from Hangar, not too much AA / SAMs etc around. In KA50 there is an automatic cold start where I can accelerate time, but in A10 the key LWin Home obviously doesn't worksad.gif

I started with Georgian Hammer but would also spend some money for an imersive scripted campaign if necessary.

In the A-10C Rwin + Home is auto sequence start.

I really enjoyed Piercing Fury, and as mentioned above ^ there is an autostart you can use. Though, it's probably quicker doing it yourself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

We need "save game" function.

13700k @5.6GHz | 32GB DDR4 4000MHz CL14 | ASUS Z690 TUF  | GIGABYTE RTX4090 Gaming OC | Samsung 970PRO 512G + 980PRO 2T

GIGABYTE M32U | HP Reverb G2

Warthog HOTAS | TPR | JetSeat | TrackIR5

Windows 11

In the A-10C Rwin + Home is auto sequence start.

@BlazingTrigger

I have a Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000, and it doesn't seem to have a RWin button? (There is definitely a LWin button).

Given that so many keyboard keys are binded within the DCS A10, how or what key command would you recommend to create the RWin button so that I can utilize the auto start sequence?

Appreciate any assistance.

PS: not using a HOTAS joystick either.

Rgds,

CPU: i7 4770K @ 4.2 - RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz - GPU: NVidia GTX 960 4Gb - Monitor: ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 - MB: Z97X-UD5H BK - SSD: 2 x Samsung Pro 512Gb - CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - O/S: Win 7 Pro 64

Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment.

@BlazingTrigger

I have a Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000, and it doesn't seem to have a RWin button? (There is definitely a LWin button).

Given that so many keyboard keys are binded within the DCS A10, how or what key command would you recommend to create the RWin button so that I can utilize the auto start sequence?

Appreciate any assistance.

PS: not using a HOTAS joystick either.

Rgds,

Ah that's an issue The home button is a solid option, it doesn't get used for much.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We need "save game" function.

Actually this is something I will try to do in the Iron Flag campaign. As some sorties will be pretty long (around 2h), I have added an F-10 radio option somewhere in the middle where player can choose to "save" the game. Which means that if he leaves before he lands, the campaign will branch and he will restart from that middle position starting in the air. But we'll see how it will work in practice.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

If you don't want to change the default keystrokes, you could assign the autostart to any controller button, perhaps using a modifier key to double up your functionality if buttons are scarse.

You can use either a handy controller button as a modifier or a keystroke in conjunction with mouse or controller buttons, so you can even do something like LWIN+trigger1 = Autostart if you want, rather than hunting down rarely used keystrokes (which might not be so rarely used if you buy other modules).

I try to keep assignments as similar as I can from module to module within reason otherwise I have to start using my brain rather than muscle memory, and that never leads to anything good ;)

Actually this is something I will try to do in the Iron Flag campaign. As some sorties will be pretty long (around 2h), I have added an F-10 radio option somewhere in the middle where player can choose to "save" the game. Which means that if he leaves before he lands, the campaign will branch and he will restart from that middle position starting in the air. But we'll see how it will work in practice.

Now that sounds very interesting BD. I hope you can get this to work and I hope if you do more people will use this facility.

A save game/save game state function would be awsome in SP.

SD

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

Awesome

Ah that's an issue The home button is a solid option, it doesn't get used for much.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

@BlazingTrigger and @mkiii

much appreciated, I'll give it a whirl!

Rgds,

CPU: i7 4770K @ 4.2 - RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz - GPU: NVidia GTX 960 4Gb - Monitor: ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 - MB: Z97X-UD5H BK - SSD: 2 x Samsung Pro 512Gb - CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - O/S: Win 7 Pro 64

Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment.