Bugs report (Noticed on 1.5.7)

[uPDATED 07/31/2017] - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hello dear devs & pilots!

For the release of the version 1.5.7.77, and since I had an average quantity of bugs with the module, I did a fresh clean of DCS (configuration files, module, input files, repair,...) to start with a perfect blank version of the game. I did again all the mapping and stuff.

So, here a list of bugs I did notice:

- The rudder trim problem: now the rudder trims works as long as they are keyboard inputs. If I bind them to a joystick or external device, they doesn't work. So... Only keyboard for them.

- Wheel brake axis: doesn't work. Tried on multiple devices.

- The seat command are reverted: seat down pull the seat up and up push it down.

- There's no Autothrottle AFK mode OFF in the commands settings: only ON and quick IR/Autothrottle off. Nothing to bring the lever to up position once it is down except a mouse click on it.

- Missing sounds when turning the selectors (on nav module / master mode selector / Weapon selector). The button turning sound is only working when turning the selector with the mouse, not when the button is binded on a joystick button.

- Weapon selector counter-clockwise: only works with defaut settings, if I bind it to another button, it turns red in the commands menu and doesn't work anymore.

- Main power is ON when spawning cold at the parking, even if the the main power button in the plane is on OFF position and the ground supply is not connected.

- Antenna elevation indication does not work.

- No "Rx" show on waypoint indicator in recon (SPA / RUTA) mode. It stays on classic B waypoint (W for english cockpit).

No recon-target shows in "waypoint indicator" in recon mode (SPA) when it is entered in the data panel. Same problem as the reconnaissance corner points. Note that the nav system knows and see the targets and recon points (HUD and distance indicator OK), it's just the currently selected point/target indication Wx, Rx, Tx that are missing. It stays on classic waypoints.

- In TACT mode: doesn't show the pylon empty (0 instead of 1) after BK90 launch.

- Main artificial horizon's climb indicator (left side) only goes from -3 to +3 instead of -5 +5 amplitude.

- Crazy shaking ailerons when on the ground : only on ground, doesn't seems to affect the flight.

- No A/A radar lock with T1 press (with RB24/74 & gun-pods) : Press T1 doesn't change anything. It locks the target well by pressing TV, but it does ruin the NAV system too, logically...

Works again:

- Locked buttons on the nav module when using a numpad to type coordinates.

- No more nav system bug after cold start.

(THANKS FOR THAT!)

Have a great day!

Rolluptito

Edited by -IRRE-Rolluptito

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

Maps: Syria, Nevada TTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, & The Channel.

Hardware: GeForce 1080TI, I7 7700K, 32GB RAM.

https://www.lesirreductibles.com -

Good to know. What do you use?

I use warthog set with the script editor, saitek combat rudder and saitek quadrant and have different results. I don't understand why we have different results on that matter depending who use it on this game. What parameter can add problems with the commands?

• Like 1

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

Good to know. What do you use?

I use warthog set with the script editor, saitek combat rudder and saitek quadrant and have different results. I don't understand why we have different results on that matter depending who use it on this game. What parameter can add problems with the commands?

I have a CH stuff across the board, fighterstick, pro throttle with frankenpotato mod, and pedals, with no special scripting. (I do run everything through the CH control manager for consistency, but nothing beyond that.)

No idea what the causes might be, but it's always good to give more datapoints to the developers.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

Do the antenna elevation indicators work? I'm stuck at 2.1 at the moment, not enough space in my SSD for both, I hope they fix this because there is no other indication of antenna elevation.

And does magnetic deviation knob work now?

Regards

Added to the bug list:

No "Rx" show on waypoint indicator in recon (SPA / RUTA) mode. It stays on classic B waypoint.

In TACT mode: doesn't show the pylon empty (0 instead of 1) after BK90 launch.

Main artificial horizon's climb indicator (left side) only goes from -3 to +3 instead of -5 +5 amplitude.

Added to the bug list for 1.5.7:

No recon-target shows in waypoint indicator in recon mode (SPA) when it is entered in the data panel. Same as the reconaissance corner points. Note that the nav system know and see the targets and recon points (HUD and distance indicator), it's just the indication (Wx, Rx, Tx) that is missing. It stays on classic waypoints.

In stable 1.5.7, three of us have experienced a strange instant black screen.

After a small move of the stick (downward, for me) while flying with a constant altitude (not particularly high, let's say 1000m) at high speed, the screen turns to black without any fading effect, but the sound goes on. We don't hear the pilot's breathing or anything. And then, when the crash eventually happens, the black screen disappears and we see the crash site.

It only happened to me once, for now. I don't have the track, sorry.

EDIT: 2 other players told me it had happened to them some months ago, before 1.5.7 came out. Seems to be tied to negative-g force.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

... instant black screen.

EDIT: 2 other players told me it had happened to them some months ago, before 1.5.7 came out. Seems to be tied to negative-g force.

Blackout due to negative-g.

Pushing forward only the slightest close-to-sound-speed induse a pretty good g-force in the wrong direction...

Try hit F2 when it happens again

I've done several negative loops before finally touching ground...

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I believe it's a rather fast process to enter blackout this way, but I'm not sure.

If you enter a state with negative g this way, who will move the stick back and leave the negative g so you get a chance to recover?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I get it, but the loss of consciousness seems so instantaneous compared to a positive-g overdose... Not to forget the pilot shouldn't be able to hear anything.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Yes, sometimes with a tiny input it gives an instant black-out for 20s without graduations in visual effects but with normal active sound. Definitely something to investigate.

Agreed - this is over zealous GLOC modelled. It does need to be refined to less extremes.

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

Added to the list of bugs for 1.5.7: (First post of the thread)

- No A/A radar lock with T1 press (with RB24/74 & gun-pods) : Press T1 doesn't change anything. It locks the target well by pressing TV, but it does ruin the NAV system too, logically.

As I m currently making a CL for the english cockpit, I do test everything that is in the official manual... :D

I might be wrong, but are you sure you can actually lock an AA target with the radar? I think i've read somewhere that the radar is just not capable, it was not designed with that purpose, and the AA mode is just the regular AG mode "looking up".

Regards

Yes, you can, and it gives you firing range. :) Check the procedure page 354 of the official manual.

It is currently working with TV instead of T1, but does destroy the nav when you switch back from ANF (APPR) to NAV position on the master mode selector.

Quote of the manual (P354):

1. Weapon selector: IR-RB (or press IR missile fast select).

2. Sight mode selector: Set target wingspan.

3. Master mode selector: Mode ANF.

4. Radar mode selector: Mode A1 or A2.

5. Aim at the target visually and engage radar lock by pulling the fix trigger to

the first detent (T1)

6. Confirm sidewinder growling tone. Adjust volume if necessary.

7. Uncage seeker if needed (manoeuvring target).

8. Trigger: UNSAFE and fire on sidewinder steady tone, if distance line indicates

inside of max range or wing span markers envelop the target (when not

using radar ranging).

9. Trigger: SAFE and master mode: NAV.

It works like this with the AKANs (gun-pods) too. :)

(The official manual thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=180252)

Roll

• 4 weeks later...