19 hours ago, Spartan111sqn said:

And the campaign always have the same targets and objectives, do you plan different evolutions, with troops in contact, different set up of forces, etc?

Normally, (for the time being), targets evolve according to priorities.
For example, EWRs are usually targeted first, then SAMs, then BASEs (this is an example)

@PB0_CEF would know better than me.

For a dynamic front, the Cyprys campaign was a trial, it works, but it is too complicated to implement for a new campaign.

We imagine another way to do it, later ^^

Otherwise, for new type of mission, we will certainly have the attack of the runways.

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

Cef is working on a campaign in Lebanon, where almost all playable aircraft can be activated on demand.

• Thanks 1

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

Release of DCE_Manager. 5.11.25

New feature: graphical squad management.
To do this, click on the campaign image in the list on the left.

V5.11.25
add: ability to activate/deactivate squads and much more. (click on the campaign image to display the information on the right)
mod: updates will be checked once a day
mod: the number of files available to be updated will be displayed in the tabList title
mod: the update window displays errors
add: you can directly open the ScriptsMod directory by clicking on its version, in the Update tab

DCE_Manager_V5.11.25.61.zip

image.png

Edited by Miguel21

DCE_Manager

Hi Miguel,

Many thanks for the new update to DCE_manager. I tried to run the set-up, but the installation stops, giving the attached error log.

Cheers!
DCE_Error_lo.txt

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

4 minutes ago, Scotch75 said:

Hi Miguel,

Many thanks for the new update to DCE_manager. I tried to run the set-up, but the installation stops, giving the attached error log.

Cheers!
DCE_Error_lo.txt

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback. Did you uninstall the previous version before installing the new one?

Edited by Miguel21

DCE_Manager

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback. Did you uninstall the original version before installing the new one?
Yes, I unistalled the old one using control panel "Remove Program", then deleted any related files and folders left behind.

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

8 minutes ago, Scotch75 said:

Yes, I unistalled the old one using control panel "Remove Program", then deleted any related files and folders left behind.

this programme sometimes wears me out 😛

With this one, it should be good.

DCE_Manager

this programme sometimes wears me out
With this one, it should be good.
, understandable, it is a great programme though.

Well, this new .zip has installed correctly and is working.

Thanks again.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hi guys! Found an issue where DCE causes openkneeboard to crash. This is due to the fact the mission.descriptionText and side briefing are written direct to mission, instead of into dictionary like DCS usually does. I've raised the issue with OpenKneeboard team (where we're doing a blind lookup in dictionary without checking whether the text starts with DictKey_) but this can also be fixed with a minor change to DC_Briefing.lua to change the destination from mission.descriptionText to dictionary.DictKey_descriptionText_1.

What do you reckon? I don't know enough about DCS mission format to know where the fix should be, have also notified OpenKneeboard team and can send a patch there.

7 minutes ago, ldnz said:

Hi guys! Found an issue where DCE causes openkneeboard to crash. This is due to the fact the mission.descriptionText and side briefing are written direct to mission, instead of into dictionary like DCS usually does. I've raised the issue with OpenKneeboard team (where we're doing a blind lookup in dictionary without checking whether the text starts with DictKey_) but this can also be fixed with a minor change to DC_Briefing.lua to change the destination from mission.descriptionText to dictionary.DictKey_descriptionText_1.

What do you reckon? I don't know enough about DCS mission format to know where the fix should be, have also notified OpenKneeboard team and can send a patch there.

Hi,
Since a major update of DCS (I don't remember which one), most of the information that was written in the dictionary, has been written directly in the mission file. (especially concerning the names of the groups and units)

Try to create a simple mission (not DCE) with the mission editor, write things in the briefing part, save then dissect the mission and dictionary files. Then tell me where the briefing is recorded by DCS.

For information, I would like you to send me the mission that crashes openkneeboard

DCE_Manager

Yes that is what I did (make a basic one) - it all ends up in the dictionary. When I modded DC_Briefing to write to the same dictionary locations, all was well. Any DCE mission that writes to mission.descriptionText instead of dictionary will crash OpenKneeboard

cool, I'll look at that then. Thanks.

DCE_Manager

• 2 weeks later...
  • Like 1

My projects:

OpenKneeboard - VR and non-VR kneeboard with optional support for drawing tablets; get help
HTCC - Quest hand tracking for DCS; get help

If you need help with these projects, please use their 'get help' links above; I'm not able to track support requests on these forums.

Can anybody help me with the following error for the Apache mbot:

Generating First Mission.

E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\luae.exe: ../../../ScriptsMod.NG/UTIL_ResetCampaign.lua:24: module 'Init/radios_freq_compatible' not found:
        no field package.preload['Init/radios_freq_compatible']
        no file '.\Init/radios_freq_compatible.lua'
        no file 'E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\lua\Init/radios_freq_compatible.lua'
        no file 'E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\lua\Init/radios_freq_compatible\init.lua'
        no file 'E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\Init/radios_freq_compatible.lua'
        no file 'E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\Init/radios_freq_compatible\init.lua'
        no file '.\lua-Init/radios_freq_compatible.dll'
        no file '.\Init/radios_freq_compatible.dll'
        no file 'E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\lua-Init/radios_freq_compatible.dll'
        no file 'E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\Init/radios_freq_compatible.dll'
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'require'
        ../../../ScriptsMod.NG/UTIL_ResetCampaign.lua:24: in main chunk
        [C]: in function 'dofile'
        ..\..\..\ScriptsMod.NG\BAT_FirstMission.lua:375: in main chunk
        [C]: ?

Please! 

6 minutes ago, harv said:

Can anybody help me with the following error for the Apache mbot:

Generating First Mission.

E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\luae.exe: ../../../ScriptsMod.NG/UTIL_ResetCampaign.lua:24: module 'Init/radios_freq_compatible' not found:
        no field package.preload['Init/radios_freq_compatible']
        no file '.\Init/radios_freq_compatible.lua'
        no file 'E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\lua\Init/radios_freq_compatible.lua'
        no file 'E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\lua\Init/radios_freq_compatible\init.lua'
        no file 'E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\Init/radios_freq_compatible.lua'
        no file 'E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\Init/radios_freq_compatible\init.lua'
        no file '.\lua-Init/radios_freq_compatible.dll'
        no file '.\Init/radios_freq_compatible.dll'
        no file 'E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\lua-Init/radios_freq_compatible.dll'
        no file 'E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\Init/radios_freq_compatible.dll'
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'require'
        ../../../ScriptsMod.NG/UTIL_ResetCampaign.lua:24: in main chunk
        [C]: in function 'dofile'
        ..\..\..\ScriptsMod.NG\BAT_FirstMission.lua:375: in main chunk
        [C]: ?

Please! 

what exactly is the name of your campaign, and the version of your scriptsMod plz

DCE_Manager

4 hours ago, harv said:

Sorry for wasting anyone's time ; I'd not installed the mod fully 

no problem ^^

DCE_Manager

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Miguel21I have updated the DCE manager to the last version, I run a campaign, for example Tomcat over PG, everything OK, but when I stop the server, I do not see pop up the cmd window to accept the results, then I cannot continue the campaign.

Any idea why?, same also happens with Falcon over PG.

Edited by Spartan111sqn

On 5/19/2023 at 1:52 AM, Spartan111sqn said:

Hi @Miguel21I have updated the DCE manager to the last version, I run a campaign, for example Tomcat over PG, everything OK, but when I stop the server, I do not see pop up the cmd window to accept the results, then I cannot continue the campaign.

Any idea why?, same also happens with Falcon over PG.

Hi,
-Following an update of DCS, did you put back the mission_scripting (sanitize) mod?

-Is the 4 temporary files in the root of the campaign? If yes (and their date match) you can continue your campaign in degraded mod, using the executable DEBUG_DebriefMission.bat

-If not, give me a mission generated by your DCE, so I can look at the path

• Thanks 1

DCE_Manager

4 hours ago, ldnz said:

Hi @Miguel21, could you please add MB-339A to the UTIL_Data.lua for the next ScriptMods.NG version?

I'll see what I can do,

But it is also necessary to integrate UTIL_AddPropAircraft
and
radios_freq_compatible

However, it is CEF which makes the loadout, and there, it is unavailable.

DCE_Manager