Jetwash

mrsteel

Same to for down wash, I can slide in under a UH60 on take off and narda, nothing. :music_whistling:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

+1 Though would maybe make AAR even more difficult :thumbup:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

That+Realistic AA refueling physics and hose fluctuations and I will cry like a little girl!!:P

If I'm doing AAR in a realistic scenario, best advice is to just don't use the same frequency as me, all you'll hear is this:

:megalol:

Anyway back on topic, I wonder if jetwash can also extend to wash and turbulent airflow from wings? Even if it has to be approximated then that would be excellent.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

If I'm doing realistic AAR just don't listen to the same frequency as me as all you'll hear is this
:megalol:

Anyway back on topic, I wonder if jetwash can also extend to wash and turbulent airflow from wings? Even if it has to be approximated then that would be excellent.

Hahaha :lol:

I agree, no need to make a simulation of everything, just with some kind of randomization (like the turbulence parameter) would already be awesome.:thumbup:

Take a look at my MODS here

Yep, I wrote this in my mega wishlist on this sub forum. We really need this.

Speaking of mega wishlists, I've got a huge one brewing, but seeing as grumbling convinced a 3rd party to pretty much jump ship I don't think I'm gonna post it anytime soon...

Anyways, the only big problem staring at me in the face with this is possible resource load on desktop PCs, at the moment AI aircraft (which at present, tankers are) are given SFM to save performance, I wonder what would happen to performance if we start adding realistic wakes and jetwash to them... I'm only speculating here, I'm no developer, regardless it would be great to see, it would give DCS a greater edge with realism.

System:

@Lunatic

Yeah, pretty much anything physics related is going to contribute to the already overloaded CPU issues we have. Reorganising how it parses data to threads might help a little, but there's only so much we can do.

Basically, have to remember that PCs are glorified calculators. While many things are intuitive to us, a computer has to be described in intricate detail exactly what's happening, why, and even how it can 'see' it.

I think realistically, the advanced flight models DCS is known for are already taxing technological limits. It'll probably be another 10-20 years before we have the sheer processing power to truly round out the wishlists for intricate detail and realism.

@kippy

Those are awesome photos...

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2