Would the sound of the Mirage be made more authentic in the future?

carss

The Sound of this aircraft (and actually many more in DCS) although they have all the fidelity and authenticity of the real plane, i think one area they severely lack is sound. If you compare the sounds of a real Mirage 2000, mainly the startup and taxiing sounds of the engine, they sound very different from the one in the game.

Now I know they might never be 100% alike, but I think it can be improved to sound more realistic. Take this video for example of the Mirage 2000 startup.....

And compare it with this one from the game....

Here is one in the game which used a sound mod which is in my opinion the most realistic sounding Mirage 2000 sound mod.....

I think this is the best sound I've come across as it sounds very close to the real thing. It does need work on the startup and the afterburners but it's really good nonetheless

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

+1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

The sound of the engine spooling up is close to the real one though when engine is running idle the plane kind of gets quiter while in the real life video he engine is stable and loud.

Also get this video from a start up Mirage 2000 from a Greek Air Force base:

i would love to hear that startup sound when pressing the starter button in the game :)

Are you going to release this sound mod?

The sound mod isn't mine, it's already released. My only question was would the sound be more realistic like that one in the future? Hopefully

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Problem is the current system for sound is a bitch to mod and only ED can really change how the core module sounds are.

We as people can only play with certain sdf settings like gain pitch and sound cones values.

And if you increase the external tubine sounds too much to sound like a real thing it will ruin sound balance and everything in the cockpit and stuff like that.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3289306&postcount=22

Lets hope this actually changes something

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit