Harrier Training Missions

baltic_dragon

As for NTTR, not too many people own the map so at least the initial version of training has to be in the Caucasus

I understand that the training missions have to be in the Caucasus as everyone has that map, but 'not too many people own' NTTR? Is that true?

Also, I'm a little confused by all the missions in your link. How do they relate to each other? I mean there are about 7 or 8 TM07 Short missions.

Any help appreciated.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I understand that the training missions have to be in the Caucasus as everyone has that map, but 'not too many people own' NTTR? Is that true?

Also, I'm a little confused by all the missions in your link. How do they relate to each other? I mean there are about 7 or 8 TM07 Short missions.

Any help appreciated.

There are full version missions where you often start on the runway hot and have to take off and go through all the way points or short version of the same mission in day and night where you start in the air somewhere at waypoint 1 which puts you closer to the targets.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Any help appreciated.

As for NTTR, let me re-phrase it: most people will fly the missions in Caucasus anyway, and porting them to NTTR at this stage it is extra work of around 4-5 hours per mission, which gives us 100 hours of work. I am able to dedicate max 2h a day for DCS currently with family and normal work, so that is around 50 days :) I'd rather spend that building a Harrier campaign. Not to mention that I still have quite a few training missions to do :)

As for the relation: the first one is, as sze says, a full mission covering all the issues. For example: first describing mavericks and sidearms, then using mavericks in TV mode, then INS mode, then autonomous mode, then laser mav and finally sidearm.

The shorter missions cover each of these segments separately, so you can focus only on one of them, get more ammo and instructions covering only that part. They are there to let you practice only one aspect without having to go through the whole long thing.

Apart from that, there are some with different weather conditions or happening during the night, to increase the challenge. Hope that explains it!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

As for NTTR, let me re-phrase it: most people will fly the missions in Caucasus anyway, and porting them to NTTR at this stage it is extra work of around 4-5 hours per mission, which gives us 100 hours of work. I am able to dedicate max 2h a day for DCS currently with family and normal work, so that is around 50 days :) I'd rather spend that building a Harrier campaign. Not to mention that I still have quite a few training missions to do :)

As for the relation: the first one is, as sze says, a full mission covering all the issues. For example: first describing mavericks and sidearms, then using mavericks in TV mode, then INS mode, then autonomous mode, then laser mav and finally sidearm.

The shorter missions cover each of these segments separately, so you can focus only on one of them, get more ammo and instructions covering only that part. They are there to let you practice only one aspect without having to go through the whole long thing.

Apart from that, there are some with different weather conditions or happening during the night, to increase the challenge. Hope that explains it!

Thanks for that. I wasn't questioning your non-NTTR decision. As I said in my previous post. logically, all training missions have to be in Caucasus as that is the map everyone has. I was only querying your statement about 'not too many people owning' NTTR.

Thanks a lot for the explanation on the Training Missions. Makes perfect sense now!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hi, sorry I must being being a bit thick today.

So I download the file from the google drive page 'Training Ready page' (Linked from the top of the main topic)- (right click on the name then download) it downloads as a .miz not a zip?

I copy it into DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\AV8BNA\Missions\Training?

There are no training missions when selecting Training from the DCS screen.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys a question ..., in the training mission of the Harrier, the mission of refueling in flight (short) every time I give to F6 to contact I do not receive an answer, in a few words I can not get in touch with the tanker, or I forgot something?

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

[sIGPIC]https://store.carrierbuilders.net/images/F-18SE-002.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Are you using the correct radio? Tanker frequency is on COMM 2 channel 1.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Are you using the correct radio? Tanker frequency is on COMM 2 channel 1.

Hello spiddx, I just tried Comm2 Ch1 as you suggested and still does not answer, the frequency that gives me automatic is the 144,000, There is no affirmative answer from the tanker for pre contact, I'll just tell you that my virtual isntructor is yawning (the yawn message comes out) good detail from razbam

Edited by Raytheon

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

Hm maybe you could post a track here? Because it works fine on my side.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Hm maybe you could post a track here? Because it works fine on my side.

KfX6Hgu.jpg

Request

9HteJ52.jpg

No respond

5cE5bl7.jpg

I've tried everything, if at first turn on the radio fast I can listen to the tanker transmitting, but then nothing is heard, I've tried anyway, or maybe I'm doing it wrong ... I do not know the truth .. .

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

Yes, the frequency setting is correctly. What I can't see is if you are actually using COMM 2. It's not enough to simply set the frequencies. There are 2 seperate keybinds for the two radios called 'COMM Fwd: Select COMM 1' and 'COMM Aft: Select COMM 2'. Their default keyboard shortcuts are LCtrl Num- for COMM 1 and LCtrl Num+ for COMM 2. You can also bind these to your controller if you want.

You need to use the COMM2 shortcut in order to talk through the COMM2 radio.

If you still can't get it to work please post a screenshot where you have the comm menu open (before you press F6).

I think what's happening is that you use the 'communication menu (\)' keybind which will always transmit through COMM 1 by default.

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

Yes, the frequency setting is correctly. What I can't see is if you are actually using COMM 2. It's not enough to simply set the frequencies. There are 2 seperate keybinds for the two radios called 'COMM Fwd: Select COMM 1' and 'COMM Aft: Select COMM 2'. Their default keyboard shortcuts are LCtrl Num- for COMM 1 and LCtrl Num+ for COMM 2. You can also bind these to your controller if you want.

You need to use the COMM2 shortcut in order to talk through the COMM2 radio.

If you still can't get it to work please post a screenshot where you have the comm menu open (before you press F6).

I think what's happening is that you use the 'communication menu (\)' keybind which will always transmit through COMM 1 by default.

Now yes, I followed his steps and basically assigned COMM2 to an unassigned key of my joystick, now I have com2 assigned to the command, and now the Tanker responds, as always thank you very much :thumbup:

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

• 2 months later...

ODU lights and freq on UFC go off

Hi There,

excellent missions. In the startup tutorial, maybe just for me, when I light up everything, in front of me (HUD and UFC), the ODU lights go off after some seconds with the freq digits on the UFC, and only relight when I click on the COMM2 button. Then extinguish again after some seconds. COMM2 again, theyx come back on, then go away again... Weird...

Excellent stuff ! A full Campaign on its own !

Some minor note: In the tanker lesson, if he should be on your 45°, you should be on his 225°, not 215°. Just cosmetics...

Question: What is the standard (cleared) hover stop angle for the nozzles normally? I think now I can pull it back all the way to 120° maybe?...

Hey! Thanks. I will check and update it on my second pass on the missions, they all will be updated to squash all the problems or inconsistencies people may find once I release the final few. And RAZBAM pushes several updates for Harrier.

For the Nozzles it should be 99deg IIRC. 82 for VTOL.

Thanks for the quick reaction. So you encourage us to feedback any typo or small errors to you? I just don't want to seem nitpicking...

Also in some of the tutorials instructor says to set EHSD with Sensor Switch left, which I'm not sure is possible, as SS left depresses map rather. Unless I'm wrong of course... And MPCD was said and written in the tutorial text field as MFCD, guess in the startup lesson?

Yeah if you find anything please report it, preferably in a separate thread for each mission, that way will be easier for me later to group them and fix mission after mission. The SSS left looks like a bug and a fairly serious one. The MPCD vs MFCD not so much, I’d rather avoid recording g a lot of VOs just to fix that one, most of the people won’t even notice I guess :)

BD, I am going through the missions at the moment, and one of the difficulties j have is knowing what is an issue and what is a missing feature. For example in the Sensors mission, does INS work, has it been implemented yet?

Is there a list of important features that are not modelled yet somewhere?

These are either listed during the mission or in the briefing. For M13 I believe it is listed in the briefing as not working yet. But if you find something like this that is not listed at the description or briefing do report it - always better to do it twice than to miss something.

The SSS left looks like a bug and a fairly serious one.

You mean it should have that function that you referred in the training (EHDS selection)? Razbam's pocket guide and Chuck's Guide both mentions SSS Left as Map Center / Depressed toggle only.