Harrier Training Missions

baltic_dragon

On the "Sensors and Target Designation" mission, after enabling the INS (with right MCFD set to FLIR) I cannot move the diamond around the HUD with the TDC. This is after designating a target on the HUD using TDC Action. If there's something I'm missing, it's not obvious in what the mission tells me to do.

TV I can slew.

INS, not at all.

FLIR not at all, but I'm not supposed to be able to. =)

As an aside, these missions are great and immensely helpful.

And I love the easter egg "bonus tracks" you hear if you don't quit out of a mission immediately.

Edited by slaintemaith

Hey! I know this is a known missing feature - I think I mentioned the INS problem in the briefing, but maybe I forgot. There arę a couple of things that don’t work as intended yet but all are on RAZBAMs to do list and will get fixed. And thanks for the kind words!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I probably missed it in the briefing. People look at those? =)

So long as someone knows about it, all is well.

**Post Edit Edit: Yep. You clearly state it in the briefing. I'll go get my dunce cap.

Edited by slaintemaith

Hay Dragon, some things I found. I might be wrong tough, or if it feels nitpicking, just disregard.

Stores Mgmt Trg – „Select ODU 2 for MULT”, but in fact ODU 2 colonizes FUZE instead, and 5 would be Mult (or the other way around, please check)

Raked range pattern: „ Turn from downwind when at 5 NM offset distance for 20° dive angle, 4.5 NM for 10°or shallower”. I think if you turn earlier, than you do for 20°, you will get rather steeper angles, not shallower than 20°. I’m I wrong?

Hydra accuracy is beyond ridiculous. I know their grouping is far from precise, but I don't think it is THIS bad in real life either. I would have better grouping with buckshot probably... :-)

Mavericks and Sidearm Trg – voiceover is missing, a single voiceover comes alive after take off, then VO stops again, only the on screen texts are rolling…

Same training, narrator once says keep pushing your DMC down to lock. Uhmm… DMC?

When I press Cage, I get a sand or tan color display with a white cross and nothing else visible. Bug, or user error?

In some voiceover the beeps are missing for „Press SPACE” messages.

In the Case I trg, waypoint 1 is very far away forward and left of the ship. After the last voiceover while flying there, it takes ages to actually arrive there in silence, just to receive instruction to turn around and fly back almost double distance in the opposite direction, to reach Marshall point. I would put waypoint 1 rather abeam at least, or even more back towards Marshall.

Same training, unless you want to generate a purposefully painful lesson about GW check before vertical landing on the ship, please either put in less fuel, or viceover should mention to „check GW before attempting to land vertically”. I went into the drink twice, until I realized it is simply too much fuel at the beginning to get back to the ship being below 20 500 lbs GW. On the second attempt tough, it might have been because then I choose the short version, which starts just later into mission timeline, but with the same amount of fuel as it was meant for the full version?

Still a great Training Campaign !

Edited by Razor18

Thanks Razor will note it down and fix on the second pass, I treat all the missions as Beta as the plane itself is missing stuff.. on Mavericks it is DCS but with “sound to country” trigger, I already reported it. Keep posting anything you find, many thanks!

TACAN and BRC line shifting to East, then back (???)

In the Case I (long and short too) training, weird as it might sound, but reproduceable I think, I guess as you decend towards, then exiting away from the Marshall waypoint, the TACAN sign and the BRC line across it are together shifting away to the East about 10 NM, then as you descend to GATE altitude, it shifts back to the original position on the EHSD. It looks like even tough you were on BRC before, now you have to fly due East, chasing the BRC line (itself keeping CRS 351°, but) crawling east, then I guess coming down thru 5 or 4k alt, you need to turn around and go back west to catch it again.

In the F10 game map everything remains fine, ships keeping their relative position north of the Marshall point, as if nothing happened on EHSD.

It is really weird, it does it all the time in the Case I trng. for me, sorry if I'm the only one.

• 1 month later...

I had the same exact results as Razor 18, took me awhile to figure it out, the training mission default Tacan for the Tarawa is 44X which conflicts with Kutaisi Tacan of 44X, I believe the aircraft is fighting between the two of them. I used the mission editor to change the Tarawa Tacan to 19X and everything seems to work. While I am at it, thanks a million Baltic Dragon for these missions, you da man!!!

BD, the missions seem to be missing now from that Google drive link.

Are you saying that all the missions that were on the first page here, are now part of the standard OB?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Just checked, and 9, 10, 11 and 13 are all missing from the official OB install, so I guess they are not all in the game itself!

Be good to get the files back on the first page.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

BD, the missions seem to be missing now from that Google drive link.

Are you saying that all the missions that were on the first page here, are now part of the standard OB?

Hey. The files are in the second thread, I've updated the link to in this discussion to move you directly there. I'll also make sure that the game is updated with all the files. Cheers!

Hey. The files are in the second thread, I've updated the link to in this discussion to move you directly there. I'll also make sure that the game is updated with all the files. Cheers!

Yep, that's better! Still missing 15 and 16. Will there be any more after 17?

Thanks BD, I’m sure we are all looking forward to them!

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's a bummer that there won't be NTTR training missions in the forseeable future. I really like dong all my western training in the NTTR.

So, how would you go about converting those from Caucasus? Whats the big issue here, actually getting all the ME created content (waypoints, scripts, triggers) from one map to the other, or adjusting flight routs and such once the port is done?

@baltic_dragon If you could lay out how you think we might convert those training missions ourselves, maybe we could chip in and work our way through that.

Hey, it is doable but require quite a lot of work still - I am sorry, but with the magnitude for the training done I won’t have time to dedicate for creating another set for NTTR. I’ll try to dig out the information on how to do it though so you can try it for yourself.

thanks mate, but i reckon it is not really worth it since it would take me ages to work through this.

I'd better get into setting up immersive practice missions on nttr instead. Actually, for practicing certain aspects of a module a dedicated mission without the often quite long voiceovers and pause/spacebar loops is probably preferable anyway.

Edited by sc_neo