VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I run into an issue where listening is suspended every other press of the tx button. Here is my configuration of the tx button for press/ release:

Press:

SoyH4Zg.png

Release:

6kCiW7G.png

Here is the log. You can see the first press was normal. However, on the second press, the listening became suspended while the PTT was still being pressed:

I would appreciate any help. This used to work fine, however I started seeing some issues after voice attack upgrade and I reinstalled Vaicom. This latest OB on steam.

10:45:17.776 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'
10:45:15.934 TX1 | COMM1: ARC-210 AM 305.000 MHz: no tuned units.
10:45:15.910 Listening suspended
10:45:15.908 Chatter initialized. 
10:45:15.907 Resources added. 
10:45:15.907 Adding chatter resources.. Navy
10:45:15.907 Chatter theme set to Navy
10:45:15.907 Adding themepack collections
10:45:15.906 No new ATCs were found.
10:45:15.904 Scanning for new theater.
10:45:15.904 Nearest ATC: Hatay.
10:45:15.903 Player New callsign entered module FA-18C Hornet, unit callsign 411
10:45:15.903 Resetting selected units.
10:45:15.903 DCS mission | IA-FA18C-Syria-Free Flight
10:45:15.903 ------------------------------------------
10:45:15.661 Listening resumed
10:45:15.640 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'
10:44:43.358 Listening suspended
10:44:43.338 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'
10:44:40.981 TX1 | COMM1: ARC-210 AM 305.000 MHz: no tuned units.
10:44:40.710 Listening resumed
10:44:40.695 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'

Edited by Andy t

16 hours ago, Andy t said:

I run into an issue where listening is suspended every other press of the tx button. Here is my configuration of the tx button for press/ release:

[screen shots of TX setup deleted]

Here is the log. You can see the first press was normal. However, on the second press, the listening became suspended while the PTT was still being pressed:

I would appreciate any help. This used to work fine, however I started seeing some issues after voice attack upgrade and I reinstalled Vaicom. This latest OB on steam.

Your TX setup looks correct. Listening was resumed as is normal on the second TX1 button press, but VAICOM appeared to then go through its new mission / new module initialization during the first 1/3 second after that, and this caused listening to be suspended after a very short interval, and before you released the button. That's very weird unless you were in the process of starting up the mission. Otherwise, this does seem to be a bug. You might post the VAICOM startup log to ensure that VAICOM is starting up correctly. Sorry I can't be of more help.

BTW, I've never had to reinstall VAICOM after a VoiceAttack upgrade, provided the VoiceAttack upgrade is installed to the same folder as previously.

UPDATE: Are you running DICE? A thread from more than a year ago about this problem with 2.5.25 was released concluded that DICE incompatibility was causing troubles. The thread starts here: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/273957-listening-suspended/. The discussion of DICE was towards the end of that thread. The earlier parts also discuss possible solutions involving MP settings, but those apparently did not work for some people.

Edited by sthompson
Added information about the problem from older threads
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

On 8/16/2022 at 6:11 PM, Tshark said:

Make sure your cockpit is open prior to the request.  The ground crew has to attach the NVG to your helmet.

I tried your solution today, but with no luck. I always get response "Rearming complete" despite the fact, that Voiceattack stands clearly that I explicitly requested crew to install the NVG.

It must be some kind of bug in the Vaicom pro plugin. Only way I can overcome this issue is by using the options menu. No spoken command can force the crew to eqip my flight with NVGs...

1 hour ago, Goliathus said:

I tried your solution today, but with no luck. I always get response "Rearming complete" despite the fact, that Voiceattack stands clearly that I explicitly requested crew to install the NVG.

It must be some kind of bug in the Vaicom pro plugin. Only way I can overcome this issue is by using the options menu. No spoken command can force the crew to eqip my flight with NVGs...

Apologies! I was so sure that was the solution. But NO! There is no bug in VAICOM, 'cause I know for a fact that this used to work. What has happened is simply that ED changed something so VAICOM sends the incorrect "command" which doesn't work any more. Too bad. This is just like when DLC campaigns suddenly stops working correctly. This is just how it is. 

VoiceAttack is just a medium for VAICOM, and will just tell you if you're speech command has been understood or not. 😉

As always I'm crossing my fingers @Hollywood_315 is all well, and he'll come around to update VAICOM to DCS' latest ventures. 😊 

Cheers! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Apologies! I was so sure that was the solution. But NO! There is no bug in VAICOM, 'cause I know for a fact that this used to work. What has happened is simply that ED changed something so VAICOM sends the incorrect "command" which doesn't work any more. Too bad. This is just like when DLC campaigns suddenly stops working correctly. This is just how it is. 

VoiceAttack is just a medium for VAICOM, and will just tell you if you're speech command has been understood or not. 😉

As always I'm crossing my fingers @Hollywood_315 is all well, and he'll come around to update VAICOM to DCS' latest ventures. 😊 

Cheers! 

Yes we can hope! But yeah hope he is all well.

• Thanks 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1 hour ago, adirtynurse said:

Request NVG hasn't worked for me as long as I've used VAICOM. So about two years. It doesn't work for me in the Hornet nor the Harrier.

Yeah I think that was the reason I made a habit of using Options command for installing NVG on my Hornet, been doing it for quite some time now.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 3 weeks later...

Hi friends! Looking for some insight on how to get the kneeboard to cycle through the tabs without having to speak. I have a virpil stick and the wheel in it is perfect for this. I assigned it to next and previous page in the control setup and it works but just advances the next kneeboard. I was hoping to use it to advance the tabs of the vaicom pro kneeboard. I see there are api options that can allow binding the controls to key presses but not sure how to go about this. 

Looking for a kind soul to offer some advice 🙂

EDIT>........

Never mind! I looked in the manual and it spells out what I needed to do. Imagine that 🙂 

Anyways I can now pull up the kneeboard by pressing the stick wheel, cycle the table with rotating the wheel and use the left rotary on the virpil throttle to cycle the other kneeboard pages. Pretty handy!

Edited by bclinton
  • Like 1

Hey all,

Getting back into DCS recently and went to start up VA and vaicom, it said there was an update for vaicom so i give it the ok to update and it did so. Closed VA and now it asks to update everytime I start up VA.

Figured I would install the updated files manually so i downloaded them from the vaicom website and it's showing the latest versions as build 2.5.27.3 for vaicom and 2.5.11.4 for AIRIO which is also out of date. But when I download the files I just get version 2.5.26.4 for vaicom and 2.5.10 for AIRIO (Checking the build numbers of the .dll's themselves.). Sent off an email to vaicom support, can anybody confirm the files are the incorrect builds from vaicom's download page?

An alternative link to the latest build would also be appreciated.

Edited by Subcidal

Couldn't find out why this message comes up when trying to say "Salute!"

10:51:01.643 Command 'salute' is currently disabled for this session and was not executed.

While for instance: 10:51:41.833 Recognized : 'request launch'

And in general, not saying anything, Voice Attack recognizes commands with me saying nothing just typing this message right now.

10:59:19.332 Recognized : 'perth'

10:59:13.148 Command 'perth' is currently disabled for this session and was not executed.

poppes up every time I'm typing... and if I click my mouse:

11:03:42.476 Unrecognized : 'it's'

Oh, btw when trying now, DCS doesn't run yet. But VAICOM/VA does the same when DCS runs.

Sorry if too obvious, I couldn't find it in manual...

Edited by Razor18

That "error" usually means that you don't press a TX while issuing commands. Have you enabled REL/HOT, (because VoiceAttack is still listening)? 

Wild guess. Request launch, is a "ground" command that can be issued to ground crew with the canopy open, and you don't need to press a TX with REL/HOT enabled. "Salute" on the other hand, you wouldn't really do that with the canopy open, would you? 🤔 😉 

If my assumption is correct it's actually pretty cool, well implemented and works as it should. 😊 

On 9/5/2022 at 5:36 PM, Subcidal said:

Hey all,

Getting back into DCS recently and went to start up VA and vaicom, it said there was an update for vaicom so i give it the ok to update and it did so. Closed VA and now it asks to update everytime I start up VA.

Figured I would install the updated files manually so i downloaded them from the vaicom website and it's showing the latest versions as build 2.5.27.3 for vaicom and 2.5.11.4 for AIRIO which is also out of date. But when I download the files I just get version 2.5.26.4 for vaicom and 2.5.10 for AIRIO (Checking the build numbers of the .dll's themselves.). Sent off an email to vaicom support, can anybody confirm the files are the incorrect builds from vaicom's download page?

Im getting the same thing from a totally new install. I also tried a manual install as Subcidal did. Any idea why we can't download the update?

1 hour ago, Cacher said:

Im getting the same thing from a totally new install. I also tried a manual install as Subcidal did. Any idea why we can't download the update?

I checked and am getting the same thing. The weird thing is that Hollywood released a new version 2.5.27.3 when the Apache came out and my installation autoupdated to that version. As an experiment I backed up that installation and reverted to an older version and then asked it to autoupdate, and the resulting file was version 2.5.26 and VAICOMPRO reported that this was up to date. I've backed up my DLL since it seems like it might be hard to restore it in the future should I need to. FWIW, I think the update was quite minor, unless you were an Apache pilot.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

7 minutes ago, sthompson said:

I checked and am getting the same thing. The weird thing is that Hollywood released a new version 2.5.27.3 when the Apache came out and my installation autoupdated to that version. As an experiment I backed up that installation and reverted to an older version and then asked it to autoupdate, and the resulting file was version 2.5.26 and VAICOMPRO reported that this was up to date. I've backed up my DLL since it seems like it might be hard to restore it in the future should I need to. FWIW, I think the update was quite minor, unless you were an Apache pilot.

I’m just getting started so I only have the A10C II. So I’m not too worried about an Apache update. It just irritates me that each time I start Voice Attack, it offers the update that won’t complete. It’s interesting that when I look at the Viacom Pro folder, the .dll file when I do the manual install is dated much newer than the file that gets installed during the automatic update process. Hopefully, Hollywood will see our posts and look into it.

2 hours ago, Cacher said:

I’m just getting started so I only have the A10C II. So I’m not too worried about an Apache update. It just irritates me that each time I start Voice Attack, it offers the update that won’t complete. It’s interesting that when I look at the Viacom Pro folder, the .dll file when I do the manual install is dated much newer than the file that gets installed during the automatic update process. Hopefully, Hollywood will see our posts and look into it.

Try checking "Disable Automatic Updates" from the VAICOMPRO Config tab to suppress the offers to update.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

That "error" usually means that you don't press a TX while issuing commands. Have you enabled REL/HOT, (because VoiceAttack is still listening)? 

Wild guess. Request launch, is a "ground" command that can be issued to ground crew with the canopy open, and you don't need to press a TX with REL/HOT enabled. "Salute" on the other hand, you wouldn't really do that with the canopy open, would you? 🤔 😉 

If my assumption is correct it's actually pretty cool, well implemented and works as it should. 😊 

Yeah, REL/HOT is enabled, but Request relaunch what you give for the carrier crew to put me on the catapult to launch. YOu do it with canopy closed, and it used to work before. And my "original" "DCS" profil commands, that do not need transmission to be pressed, they get executed no problem.

31 minutes ago, Razor18 said:

Request relaunch what you give for the carrier crew to put me on the catapult to launch.

Yes, I know.

YOu do it with canopy closed, and it used to work before.

But you can perhaps do it with the canopy open (I'll test), that was my point, and why you see a difference. And even so, that command works according to your post.

And my "original" "DCS" profil commands, that do not need transmission to be pressed, they get executed no problem.

Not sure what you mean here. Ordinary VoiceAttack commands? Of course they work without pressing a TX. You have REL/HOT enabled and VoiceAttack commands are not part of VAICOM so they don't need a TX.

13 hours ago, Razor18 said:

And in general, not saying anything, Voice Attack recognizes commands with me saying nothing just typing this message right now.

10:59:19.332 Recognized : 'perth'

You get this because you have enabled REL/HOT, that puts VoiceAttack in perpetual listing mode.

13 hours ago, Razor18 said:

10:59:13.148 Command 'perth' is currently disabled for this session and was not executed.

I'll admit this one is a little strange, unless "perth" has snuck itself into your keywords. AFAIK we don't have any Aussie map YET, (not that Perth will be part of it). 😁

You'll have to excuse me, but I do not see a problem. Looks like intended behavior to me. So can you please explain the problem again?

Cheers!

PS: You can get different behavior from VAICOM if DCS runs or not, and if you issue Jester commands while not in the Tomcat.

EDIT: Right I tested. You don't need to press a TX for "Salute" and "Request launch" whether the canopy is open or not, IF you have REL/HOT enabled. Only tested for Hornet on Super Carrier. So you say that doesn't work for you?

Edited by MAXsenna

I think the problem is rather while listening, VA is too sensitiv and making up words based on environment noise like typing on my keyboard. I click my mouse, and VA thinks he heard "is".

And yes, that is the commands that are not working even if REL/HOT is enabled.

25 minutes ago, Razor18 said:

I think the problem is rather while listening, VA is too sensitiv and making up words based on environment noise like typing on my keyboard. I click my mouse, and VA thinks he heard "is".

And yes, that is the commands that are not working even if REL/HOT is enabled.

The mic picks up sound, and VoiceAttack just does what it's supposed to do. You might try to turn your MIC volume/sensitivity down, and check if there are some special features for your soundcard/mic. This is really a hit and miss. My mic picks up things all the time, but it is not a problem as long as they the sounds aren't translated to a "known" command by Microsoft Speech Recognition. It just does what it's supposed to do. VoiceAttack doesn't do any recognition.

As for the commands not working. They are recognized but not sent to the SIM? Like in the log? That's strange because "request launch" seemed recognized.
BTW. It's way easier to see what's happening if you provide screenshots. 😉

Sometimes it I have to turn REL/HOT off and on again, but very rarely.

And again you get, "is currently disabled for this session and was not executed", when one doesn't press a TX. So just to be clear. You're in the Hornet on the Super Carrier?

On 9/5/2022 at 5:36 PM, Subcidal said:

Hey all,

Same issue here, I even sent an email to support, but haven't gotten an answer yet.

9 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

The mic picks up sound, and VoiceAttack just does what it's supposed to do. You might try to turn your MIC volume/sensitivity down, and check if there are some special features for your soundcard/mic. This is really a hit and miss. My mic picks up things all the time, but it is not a problem as long as they the sounds aren't translated to a "known" command by Microsoft Speech Recognition. It just does what it's supposed to do. VoiceAttack doesn't do any recognition.

As for the commands not working. They are recognized but not sent to the SIM? Like in the log? That's strange because "request launch" seemed recognized.
BTW. It's way easier to see what's happening if you provide screenshots. 😉

Sometimes it I have to turn REL/HOT off and on again, but very rarely.

And again you get, "is currently disabled for this session and was not executed", when one doesn't press a TX. So just to be clear. You're in the Hornet on the Super Carrier?

Yes, Hornet on SC.

5 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Well, if that "command disabled" message is your issue. Try to hold the TX a little longer. If that doesn't work, try to downgrade to 2.5.24. A bug was introduced for special setups like I have in the later versions. 

Which means only to replace VAICOMPRO.dll with that 2.5.24 version, right? (And do the usual "FINISH" dance)...

And should I maybe downgrade VA from v.1.10.3?

EDIT: downgraded VAICOM to 2.5.24, and VA to 1.8.9. Now recognizes both command, but only if I prest TX, even with REL/HOT on HOT.

I just clicked DIAL from MAN to OPER and back, now VA recognizes both without a TX press too...

Restarted VA, now it does not again... Weird...

OK, restarted VA, this happened:

Said "Salute" without TX, but with REL on - nothing.

Pressed and released TX button on my joy once, but said nothing.

Then said Salute WITHOUT pressing transmission, and voilá, recognizes everything, incl. Request launch.

VA snip.JPG

Profile.JPG

Edited by Razor18

On 9/6/2022 at 6:36 AM, Subcidal said:

Hey all,

I have this issue too, I just emailed support. Fingers crossed we get some sort of answer soon.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)