VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Has anyone got trouble with the auto-updates?   mine pops up that update (for apache) are availble...seems to download/restart but then the auto-update window keeps coming back...

Any idea on how to solve that is welcome. 

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

Has anyone got trouble with the auto-updates?   mine pops up that update (for apache) are availble...seems to download/restart but then the auto-update window keeps coming back...
Any idea on how to solve that is welcome. 
Turn off the auto updates, lots of posts about this. Seems the website reports an update, but incorrectly downloads an older version, so it's not updated and you get the loop.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

EDIT: After posting, I noticed the messages just above with concern about no dev contact and possible product abandonment, compounded by impending DCS changes that might break it.  I'm disappointed because I just discovered VAICOM and it looks great up to this point, but I suppose my best move for now is to do nothing until more is known.   I would like to know if anybody has tried what I have in mind below, just in case.  Thanks.

Before I get started on the purchase/install/configuration for both VoiceAttack and VIACOM.......  I have DCS open-beta installed for both Steam and Standalone - would I install these twice in the appropriate DCS directories to make them functional in either one?  Any need to buy any of the licenses inside Steam?  (I'd rather pay direct to maximize revenue for the developer.)

Thanks for any guidance you might have for me!

Edited by The Superslug
  • Like 1

Before I get started on the purchase/install/configuration for both VoiceAttack and VIACOM.......  I have DCS open-beta installed for both Steam and Standalone - would I install these twice in the appropriate DCS directories to make them functional in either one?  Any need to buy any of the licenses in Steam?  (I'd rather pay direct to maximize revenue for the developer.)
Thanks for any guidance you might have for me!

VoiceAttack can be bought as Standalone from the VoiceAttack website, or Steam. VAICOM, only on the VAICOM website.
VAICOM works with both DCS Standalone release and OpenBeta on the same computer, I have not heard anyone mixing it with the Steam version on the same computer, but it's very easy to switch the config, in case it doesn't work.

Cheers!

30 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

VoiceAttack can be bought as Standalone from the VoiceAttack website, or Steam. VAICOM, only on the VAICOM website.
VAICOM works with both DCS Standalone release and OpenBeta on the same computer, I have not heard anyone mixing it with the Steam version on the same computer, but it's very easy to switch the config, in case it doesn't work.

Thanks for the quick reply!  I'll go ahead and license VoiceAttack but looks like it's best to hold off on VAICOM until we know more about its fate and future functionality - it's not a big purchase expense; I just don't want to commit to the time and effort if it goes 4-paws-up.

• Like 1

Vaicom kneeboard question...   flew a campaign mission on M2000 last night and noticed that everytime there would be a transmission (awacs/flight lead etc) the kneeboard would reset to the vaicom pinned kneeboard.  Regardless of what page I was on.   Super annoying.   Known issue or me alone?

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

1 hour ago, Brainfreeze said:

Vaicom kneeboard question...   flew a campaign mission on M2000 last night and noticed that everytime there would be a transmission (awacs/flight lead etc) the kneeboard would reset to the vaicom pinned kneeboard.  Regardless of what page I was on.   Super annoying.   Known issue or me alone?

I have the same issue. My workaround is to remove the pin/bookmark. 

• Thanks 1

Turn off auto browse/page or something in the VAICOM control panel. It's beneath the opacity slider I think.

I have the same issue. My workaround is to remove the pin/bookmark. 
See above. It's not a bug.

39 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Turn off auto browse/page or something in the VAICOM control panel. It's beneath the opacity slider I think.

Thanks Maxsenna.... it is probably that indeed..will test tonight but makes total sense

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Not sure if we talk about the same behavior. So let me try to explain my experience (English is not my native language). Auto browse should automatically open the relevant page within the VAICOM tabs according to your current situation, right? You get a JTAC message, it opens the JTAC tab. You talk to the ATC, it opens the ATC page. That is what I want.

But for me it opens the first page of the regular kneeboard (which has a pin/bookmark by default) every time I get a radio message. Usually my HOTAS reference or mission specific sheets. So it leaves the VAICOM kneeboard page. As you get several messages during a 9-line talk for example I would always have to manually switch back to the VAICOM page after every message to read the notes.

Only after I remove the pin/bookmark, it would stay on the VAICOM page and auto browsing between VAICOM tabs works as intended.

Edited by Hive

Not sure if we talk about the same behavior. So let me try to explain my experience (English is not my native language). Auto browse should automatically open the relevant page within the VAICOM tabs according to your current situation, right? You get a JTAC message, it opens the JTAC tab. You talk to the ATC, it opens the ATC page. That is what I want.
But for me it opens the first page of the regular kneeboard (which has a pin/bookmark by default) every time I get a radio message. Usually my HOTAS reference or mission specific sheets. So it leaves the VAICOM kneeboard page. As you get several messages during a 9-line talk for example I would always have to manually switch back to the VAICOM page after every message to read the notes.
Only after I remove the pin/bookmark, it would stay on the VAICOM page and auto browsing between VAICOM tabs works as intended.

Ah! Apologies. Somewhat the opposite in that regard.
Hmmm, that's strange. The VAICOM kneeboard should be the first pinned one. First time I hear of this issue IIRC. Might try to close down VoiceAttack and, DCS and do a full repair, and then start VoiceAttack before you start DCS again.
Do you have any other kneeboard mods installed?

Only issues I've had regarding the kneeboards, are in some training missions, where it would advance one page when pressing space. Not sure what causes it.

Cheers!

No apologies needed. I should have explained the behavior in the first place. 

I recently did a full repair and I have no kneeboard mods installed. Don't know why my pin is on the first kneeboard page and not the VAICOM page. But if the bug works the way that it always jumps to the pinned page it might help Brainfreeze to remove the pin as well. It is a little annoying to do this every time, but otherwise VAICOM kneeboard is unusable.

Edited by Hive

Those with update problems.

@MAXsenna has uploaded the most recent .dll files in this thread.  

This should allow you to update your files and end the popup cycle.  More keywords and commands in these files!

• Like 1

Former USN F/A-18E/F Avionics Tech @ VFA-103 & VFA-106
Former T-34C & T-44A/C Plane Captain

On 10/9/2022 at 5:45 AM, Scotia said:

Those with update problems.

@MAXsenna has uploaded the most recent .dll files in this thread.  

This should allow you to update your files and end the popup cycle.  More keywords and commands in these files!

Thanks @Scotia & @MAXsenna been keeping my eye out for this since I originally reported the update loop.

Edit: Asked a question and instantly figured it out lol.

Edited by Subcidal
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Subcidal said:

On another note, is anybody able to get jester to tune the radio? I can get vaicom to recognize the select FM xxx.xx command and perform it, but jester never actually changes the radio.

That's the command for tuning the radio in other modules, (not compatible with all). For Jester use the "Radio Tune..." command. 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Griefhard said:

So - any word from Hollywood? Is he still around and is VAICOM still being worked on?

This is a great peace of software and really worth every penny. But Hollywood didn't show up since April and I am worried, that maybe something bad happened.

Others may have more information than me, but I don't believe we've had any word at all from Hollywood. In terms of Vaicom, I think at this point we should assume his absence is permanent and the current version is the final one we will get.

I hope he is ok, and has just decided to step away for whatever reason. His wellbeing is most important, of course, but as far as Vaicom goes, I hope maybe Hollywood (or anyone he might have passed ownership to) emerges at some point to at least hand this over to the community to maintain, but I don't think we should count on that either. I guess it remains to be seen whether Vaicom works properly with DCS 2.8.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

On 10/16/2022 at 10:02 AM, Horns said:

Others may have more information than me, but I don't believe we've had any word at all from Hollywood. In terms of Vaicom, I think at this point we should assume his absence is permanent and the current version is the final one we will get.

I hope he is ok, and has just decided to step away for whatever reason. His wellbeing is most important, of course, but as far as Vaicom goes, I hope maybe Hollywood (or anyone he might have passed ownership to) emerges at some point to at least hand this over to the community to maintain, but I don't think we should count on that either. I guess it remains to be seen whether Vaicom works properly with DCS 2.8.

Personally I'm afraid there's only really one explanation for Hollywood's sudden absence and I fear it's not what we'd all like to hear ☹️

VAICOM in its current state is already not working properly/giving mixed results (and at least for the Apache not working at all). If it's just a matter of "stepping away" I'm sure he would have at least placed some sort of disclaimer note on his purchase website here.

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

56 minutes ago, nessuno0505 said:

I'm sorry to say but I think I'll have to uninstall Vaicom Pro. Unless Hollywood has information about the new ATC and is already working on a new version of the software (but if so he would have announced it here), I'm afraid the vaicom pro adventure is over.

Sadly I am afraid you are right. Hard to believe he did not have any close friends/associates on the forums here that might know what has gone on this year.  I wonder if it is tied into what is going on in Ukraine as that is about the time he seemed to disappear.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I'm sorry to say but I think I'll have to uninstall Vaicom Pro. Unless Hollywood has information about the new ATC and is already working on a new version of the software (but if so he would have announced it here), I'm afraid the vaicom pro adventure is over.
No reason to uninstall until the new ATC arrives in a couple of years. AIRIO will probably continue to work too though.
But alas, we probably can't expect any updates. I know @hornblower793 had some contact with him the past years, but I don't know if they've had any contact recently.

Unfortunately no I haven't, and have had no time to fly myself either recently. Hopefully that will change soon though

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

On 4/14/2022 at 6:35 PM, D3adCy11nd3r said:

Took 8 days to get a reply but,

Looks like EVERYONE who has vaicom needs to dig up their activation keys and put them somewhere off PC [A thumb drive perhaps.] 

"Hi there

Thanks for contacting us.
Our customers are advised to store their license keys in a secure location where they can be retrieved in the future.
For reasons of data security and piracy prevention we cannot provide retrieval services for lost keys.

All the best,
The VAICOM PRO team"

uc?id=1uG7Ao3CLyDg0TOe4SW7g8yDv7rrDbITn&

They had retrieved them in the past, No longer. Software is good and not extremely expensive so I will be buying license keys again. Just a bit aggravating since there is no "account" to log into and I have had vaicom for YEARS at this point, so those keys are long gone.

Thanks for replying eventually though.

Yep. Computer died and cannot retrieve and I'm not buying again. Funny I was able to retrieve my VA key.

LAME Support

12 minutes ago, Avi8tor0 said:

Yep. Computer died and cannot retrieve and I'm not buying again. Funny I was able to retrieve my VA key.

LAME Support

You should have them in the email you used to register.

• Like 1