VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hi guys,

can you help me please what is the proper command in the F14 for the Jester to enter new waypoint coordinates into the computer via Vaicom Pro?

Model situation - I fly DCS Liberation campaing and my mission requires more than 3 steerpoints navigation. I´ve got more steerpoints coordinates in my kneeboard, but I´m unable to tell the Jester to change the preplanned steerpoint 3 coordinates to new ones (so now the steerpoint 3 will be changed to coordinates of a "steerpoint 4"). I don´t use the Jester wheel when using the Vaicom Pro. 

I found a kneeboard with some of the Jester Vaicom Pro commands, but there is nothing such as changing coordinates manually (only restoring waypoints). But I know this kneeboard isn´t a full list of commands, because there is no command to change the frequency either and it is possible via Vaicom Pro plugin.

Thx,

Goliathus 

17 minutes ago, pokeraccio said:

You should have them in the email you used to register.

I should but I probably accidently cleaned out my mail. My fault but you don't think about it as everyone just about provides retrieval services.

The thought is that if you provide a license, you should be able to retrieve it from where you bought it. 

I guess Vaicom is a one off not caught up with the modern world and I'm an idiot for deleting the email.

2 minutes ago, Avi8tor0 said:

I should but I probably accidently cleaned out my mail. My fault but you don't think about it as everyone just about provides retrieval services.

The thought is that if you provide a license, you should be able to retrieve it from where you bought it. 

I guess Vaicom is a one off not caught up with the modern world and I'm an idiot for deleting the email.

I agree that should exist an alternate way to retrieve them anyway.

• Like 1

Gents, it looks like my Voice attack (or VAICOM?) sends out a "0" once in a while for whatever reason, no matter if  in-game or outside. Like watching Youtube with VA still active on the tray, and all of a sudden the YT video jumps to the very beginning, which corresponds to the effect of a keypress "0". How can I check, what causes it?

Gents, it looks like my Voice attack (or VAICOM?) sends out a "0" once in a while for whatever reason, no matter if  in-game or outside. Like watching Youtube with VA still active on the tray, and all of a sudden the YT video jumps to the very beginning, which corresponds to the effect of a keypress "0". How can I check, what causes it?
The VoiceAttack log, it will show which command is recognised. Is "open mic" on?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Razor18 said:

Well I just fired up Voice Attack and VAICOM, started to watch a youtube video with sound, and after 20 seconds video jumped back to the beginning. Went right into VA listening window and found this:

image.png

Apologies, I wasn't clear. It can't possibly be VAICOM, because it doesn't send keypresses, and it only sends commands to DCS. So no, it's not VAICOM.

You do have "listening mode" on though, but it doesn't seem VoiceAttack recognizes any other commands either, unless you've made "save" into something. Check your keyboard or other apps.

Cheers!

Is it Voice Attack then? It only happens when it is active.
I don't know. But you better check what commands sends a "0". And like I said, when you have listening mode on. Of course VoiceAttack will execute commands it listens too. Click the headphones and turn it off. Simple as that.
But the log should show it if it does. Sounds a little strange to be honest, but I've seen stranger things.
If it still happens when you disable listening mode, we need to rethink.

Cheers!

Uhmm... should I open every single command for editing to see which command sends a "0"? I have now around 800 commands as far as I can remember from VAICOM Config window... or am I mistaken?
Well... As I just wrote, VAICOM does not send keypresses, so I would be very surprised if you find anything in the keywords editor.
Just kidding. No, you have to look in the VAICOM VoiceAttack profile, to see if you have added any custome ones, have piggybacked any other VoiceAttack profile to the VAICOM one or have made any profile global in the VoiceAttack settings. If you haven't made any of these changes are that this isn't related to VoiceAttack.
But seriously. If this is a command you have made, you probably want it to work. So like I wrote, why don't you just click the headphone icon in VoiceAttack to turn the listening mode off?
There are no errors or bugs here, if VoiceAttack hears a word/phrase that fits a command, it will be executed like it's supposed to. In any case this not related to VAICOM.

Never-mind, i see this has been named the update loop. Is Hollywood from Ukraine or Russia? His MIA does not look good for the future of this project but more importantly his well being. 

When I start voiceattack/viacom pro i get a box that ques me to update for support for AH64 module, build 2.5.27.3 but when I agree  voicattack/viacom pro restarts and the UI on the PTT screen say that im still running 2.5.26.4 version? Everytime i start it tells me to update to the newest version but does not seem to?

Edited by 44th Eagle

Never-mind, i see this has been named the update loop. Is Hollywood from Ukraine or Russia? His MIA does not look good for the future of this project but more importantly his well being. 
When I start voiceattack/viacom pro i get a box that ques me to update for support for AH64 module, build 2.5.27.3 but when I agree  voicattack/viacom pro restarts and the UI on the PTT screen say that im still running 2.5.26.4 version? Everytime i start it tells me to update to the newest version but does not seem to?
He's Dutch.

On 10/23/2022 at 10:17 PM, MAXsenna said:

He's Dutch.

Fwiw:

iirc (thought definitely not sure as it was somewhere around 2005), I recall having heard the name "Holywood" as nickname of one of the pilots over at Twenthe AB. (Before I moved to Volkel AB, I was stationed at Twenthe for little over a year, some time before the base eventually closed down). 315sqn was one of the two sqn's operating there at the time.

Unfortunately, all these years and a career change later, I don't have any active contacts from that short period, to ask for confirmation. (at least not former Twenthe colleagues)

Anyway, even if anyone could confirm this, it would probably not get us any further in finding out about his whereabouts/wellbeing...

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Fwiw:
iirc (thought definitely not sure as it was somewhere around 2005), I recall having heard the name "Holywood" as nickname of one of the pilots over at Twenthe AB. (Before I moved to Volkel AB, I was stationed at Twenthe for little over a year, some time before the base eventually closed down). 315sqn was one of the two sqn's operating there at the time.
Unfortunately, all these years and a career change later, I don't have any active contacts from that short period, to ask for confirmation. (at least not former Twenthe colleagues)
Anyway, even if anyone could confirm this, it would probably not get us any further in finding out about his whereabouts/wellbeing...
Ah! That's interesting. I don't remember, but I did some googling, and I'm sure I found out that the company owning the vaicompro.com domain, or the payments went to a Dutch company named "315 Interactive" or something similar.

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Ah! That's interesting. I don't remember, but I did some googling, and I'm sure I found out that the company owning the vaicompro.com domain, or the payments went to a Dutch company named "315 Interactive" or something similar.

They should probably pull that order page at this point.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Tough to search this thread for this specific issue. 

Occasionally, when I press C on the keyboard, the Viacom Pro window opens to the desktop. I have to exit the program and restart it to allow me to press C again. I checked the Voiceattack profile and there is no C option in there. 

It isnt a deal breaker, just a bit annoying at times. 

Gigabyte 6800XT Master 16GB, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra MB, 32GB Ram, Meta Quest 2 VR installed on Netac 2TB M.2 drive

Winwing Orion2 base with f-16EX grip, Winwing Orion2 Throttle with F-18 Grip

Currently member of VAF 136 (F/A-18C Squadron).

DCS Modules F/A-18C, A-10II-C, F-15E, F-16, AH-64D, KA50-III, F-5, P-51D and FC3 aircraft.

Terrain Modules: Persian Gulf, Caucus, Nevada Test Training Range (NTTR), Syria, South Atlantic, Sinai and Normandy 2.0.

1 minute ago, VAF[136]inZane said:

Tough to search this thread for this specific issue. 

Occasionally, when I press C on the keyboard, the Viacom Pro window opens to the desktop. I have to exit the program and restart it to allow me to press C again. I checked the Voiceattack profile and there is no C option in there. 

had this happening some days ago (dcs 2.7). i think this is a new issue. ctrl+alt+c is supposed to open VCP's dialog window.

• Like 1

So Vaicom finally broke with 2.8 😔

The comms menus are not working anymore which renders it impossible to use in the future without Hollywood fixing it (which I guess is not going to happen). Very sad, it was such a good improvement for the game. Any suggestions for an alternative anybody?

• Like 2

🖥️ i5-13600K, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX4090 24GB, M2 PCIe 1TB   🥽 Pimax Crystal   🕹️ Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster TPR Rudders

Sad thing is too, that the comms menus are not working now even when Vaicom is not running. Does anybody know how to uninstall it properly?

🖥️ i5-13600K, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX4090 24GB, M2 PCIe 1TB   🥽 Pimax Crystal   🕹️ Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster TPR Rudders