F4U-1D Corsair by Magnitude 3 LLC

phant

4 hours ago, fabio.dangelo said:

Scusate la domanda scema ma con quel coso sotto come fa a decollare?  Non mi sembra che con i carrelli estesi sia cosi alto?!?!

La fusoliera é rialzata e la prospettiva non aiuta. Ció dovrebbe dargli abbastanza clearance.
Fai un po' di eyeballing con lo spessore dell'ala e vedi che ci sta.
Screen_231116_225531.png.987b6e8d2c4b7c5596b1510f1758ddd3.png

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team
52 minutes ago, Falco. said:

By now these screenshots make you feel nauseous, who knows how much longer they intend to carry on with this spiel, after all just six years have passed since the announcement what do you want it to be, ridiculous to say the least.....

Frankly, I still don't understand this policy of the ED towards some third parties. Before "boarding" dogs and pigs with the results that everyone can see, they should do a necessary skimming, making sure of the reliability and seriousness of the third party that wants to enter into DCS also and above all for the timing of the release of the proposed modules in a reasonable time depending on the complexity of the same, here we are talking about a WWII airplane not an F-35.......

Sorry for the reply in English, I have no Italian language skills 🙂

While it's true that the F4U is no F-35, I would argue that some aspects are as challenging to get right and find documentation on. We expect a lot more than your average flight sim game and this can push development a lot longer as well. I believe this team is small and while the module might have been announced 6 years ago, it doesn't mean this has been their sole focus this whole time. I know it can be a painful wait but its not on purpose or lack off effort. 

Thanks. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team
On 2/7/2024 at 9:08 AM, Falco. said:

Hi NineLine, it's always a pleasure to read you, thanks for your intervention, and I'm sorry for my bad English.

Considering the arguments you wrote, I don't agree with them for the simple reason that if all the other third parties did the same thing in DCS we would have practically no modules outside of those made by ED, and we are talking about an airplane of WWII, if by hypothesis they had created a modern module what would it take, 10/15 years if we take the same comparison as a timing.

Then I don't discuss the fact that they are busy with other things, but then why decide to join DCS as a third party? sorry if I dare but they give the impression of working at the Corsair during a lunch break rather than on the basis of a structured project also defined in terms of timing, and this is also unfortunate because it is not an isolated case.

To conclude, I reiterate the concept that in my opinion the ED should necessarily evaluate every team that wants to enter DCS precisely to avoid these problems, here it is not a question of painful waiting, but rather the observation that it is not objectively acceptable to wait 6 years, and who knows how much more, to have a WWII airplane, among other things for a historical period that in DCS certainly does not excel for the abundance of airplanes....

Thank you

We have adjusted how we and 3rd Parties announce products so that these things do not happen, I know it's been talked about for a long time and those of us, me included, are excited for such an aircraft the wait can be brutally long. So I feel your pain there. 

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

14 minutes ago, Falco. said:

Hi, the fact that you have changed the way you work with third parties is undoubtedly a good thing, I would like to say that the fact that it has been talked about for some time evidently had to be a valid reason, perhaps the change you mention should have been implemented well before so as to avoid discussions, controversies and above all discontent in the DCS community of which I am honored to be part.

I'm sorry to disappoint you because I don't feel any pain about the delay of the Corsair, even though I am a fan of WWII airplanes, I have all the ones present in DCS, , I will not purchase it for the simple reason that I do not trust a third party working in this so, after six years it still hasn't been released, who knows when it will be released, and if these are the times they have to fix the inevitable bugs how long will it take, six months, a year, more? No thank you.....

Let's remember that the 3rd parties have no control over the releases of the modules. It is ED who decides when, where and how and if a module does not reach a required level, it will not be released. Let's remember the year and a half delay of the Mosquito FB, just to give an example from WW2.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Falco. said:

The problem must be considered first, before accepting a third party, the ED must make sure of its reliability and its ability to produce the proposed module in a reasonable time instead of allowing a third party to live for six years only with screenshots...

Forget that the F4U flew piloted in the 2022 VIAF and that in the official videos of 2023 and 2024 and Beyond, it was a pilot on the controls?.

"Reasonable time" cannot be met by anyone, remember RAZBAM's F-15E, Polychop OH-58D, Heatblur and other 3rd parties, from delay to delay.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Falco. said:

The fact that the Corsair appeared in 2022, 2023, 2024, i.e. THREE years in a row, I don't understand what meaning it should have, given that apart from these brief appearances we haven't seen a shred of more substantial video and, above all, it's not A deadline has still been given, not even an approximate one, on the date of a possible pre-order, much less of course on the release which continues to remain, as far as we know, a date to be determined....

And of course because now a Corsair is comparable in terms of construction complexity to an F-15E or the modules that Heatblur is creating, therefore with the same timing, but look, I didn't know that the Corsair had an AA and AG radar, fired Mavericks and launched laser bombs, please let's talk seriously without defending the indefensible.....

The Kiowa is just another example of how a third party MUST NOT work, regardless of the fact that they are the ones who created the Gazelle, the worst module dedicated to a helicopter in DCS, even these have been floating around for six years with screenshots so much so that they can easily go hand in hand with those of the Corsair.

I repeat, we do not defend the indefensible....

All modules have their complexity, and a WW2 module should not be denigrated because it is not an F-14 or another modern one. Do you remember the serious problems that ED had with the P-47 and how its development took years? Well, it's the same thing that happened with the M3 or another. If you want to show that you are better than anyone else and that you know how to do things better, show it, but remember, it is your opinion, not that of the community or ED, or that of the 3rd parties. And no, here we are not going to impose censorship, or expel 3rd parties, because you want it, or you are not interested in A or B module.

• Like 3

sto cercando di capire il perché della discussione.

• il corsair ci mette più ad essere finito di quanto sia durato il conflitto nel pacifico. si, fatto.
  • il corsair ancora non è stato rilasciato in early access, beta, alfa o qualsiasi altra lettera dell'alfabeto greco-informatico. si, fatto.
  • a quanto mi risulta, non è mai stato chiesto un euro a nessun utente per proseguire lo sviluppo o in anticipo per giustificare il costo di sviluppo. si, fatto.
  • per tanti anni alla fine si sono visti solo scrinsciottini. si, fatto.

dati i fatti sopra, il fatto che non sia ancora uscito, quale fastidio arreca esattamente?

immagino che l'unico, chiamiamolo problema, che possa succedere è che nessun'altro team di sviluppo si dedicherà al corsair perché qualcuno lo sta già facendo o magari persino esistono "veti" per evitare che più team trattino lo stesso soggetto, ipotizzo. in fondo i team di sviluppo in dcs sono pochi, tutti hanno un sacco di carne al fuoco e spesso ne mettono altra senz'aver finito di cucinare altra ma tanto gli utenti la mangiano pure cruda comunque. (tanto come esempio, f-14 heatblur ancora in EA e ci sono F-4 e typhoon in cottura)

in fondo, non siamo in $notoSimDiVoloCivile dove ci sono infiniti airbus di vari team, aeroporti ormai usciti in almeno tre versioni diverse, i team sono pochi e la perniciosità media è alta, della serie "i simboli nel rwr di quella sotto serie di $aereoQualsiasi non sono esattamente quelli perché sono usciti dopo nel block 1031 fino al 1033.4567 e mancano due rivetti nel panello di destra di fianco alla presa d'aria".

• Like 5

Si ma non è che se non lo prendi devi dircelo ogni due per tre, perché le opinioni sono tutte rispettabili, quando reiterate di continuo cominciano ad essere stucchevoli prima e fastidiose poi. Quindi l'hai detto, ridetto e tri detto... bene, ora basta no? Quanto lo vogliamo portare avanti questo pippone? Grazie.

Inviato dal mio RMO-NX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 3

Ah si?  e di cosa dovrebbe parlare chi segue questo thread, dell'ultimo screenshot postato? da spendere fiumi di parole non c'è che dire......
Per il resto mi limito solo a dirti due cose, la prima è che certe affermazioni le vai a fare a tua sorella certo non a me, la seconda è che ti ribadisco che posto quello che mi pare quando mi pare, sono stato sufficientemente chiaro o hai bisogno che te lo ripeta? buona serata
Ah ah ah ah, sei proprio un Leone da tastiera

• Like 1

Spiace constatare dove può arrivare la pochezza di certi personaggi che manco hanno il coraggio delle proprie azioni, prima avevi scritto che sono un Pagliaccio con tanto di P maiuscola (eh si l'ho visto...) poi rendendoti conto che era troppo anche per una pecora da tastiera l'hai corretto, complimenti.....
Per il resto, premesso che non ho mai capito coloro che spuntano ogni tanto dall'oltretomba solo per innescare sterili polemiche e inutili diatribe, guarda delle tue perle di saggezza non me ne potrebbe fregare di meno quindi risparmia il tuo tempo e fai altro, e meno male che il pagliaccio sarei io, ridicolo......
L'ho tolto perché a differenza tua che ci sei abituato (visto anche i cambi nome dovuti a questo) non mi piace essere bannato. Se vuoi quando vengo a Pont te lo vengo a dire in faccia
Detto questo siccome a differenza tua ho una vita non ti risponderò più perché qui di Corsair si deve parlare, non delle tue mestruazioni. Ciao bello

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Falco. said:

Già, chissà se mai arriverà, peraltro da che mi ricordo se ne era parlato come AI per mettere una pezza alla vergognosa vicenda del 190 travestito da Zero, quindi non è chiaro se sarà pilotabile o no, e se così non fosse in DCS ci siamo giocati anche il Pacifico oltre a tanto altro per la WWII, almeno per i Giapponesi visto che per gli USA è stato già annunciato l' Hellcat, sai quanto può essere interessante uno scenario in cui puoi solo volare con gli aeroplani americani contro una AI, una figata assurda......🙄

Difatti è inutile fare solo aerei americani …. 
dovrebbero fare sicuramente lo zero e poi un ki 61 secondo me o un j2m

La WW2 in DCS è un esercizio di stile. Fermo restando che anche nel più moderno non c'è alla base una filosofia "di teatro" (f-16c, f-15e, a-10c, f/a-18c, f-14a e b, mettiamoci pure l'ah-64 e poi la controparte più moderna è il mig-21, per ora anche piuttosto abbandonato a sè stesso in attesa di un ipotetico chissà quando upgrade. Ah no, c'è il jf-17, un aereo pakistano - con chi potrebbe muovere guerra il pakistan io manco lo so). Il fatto è che in un simulatore militare sandbox che punta per quanto possibile al realismo si sviluppa quello che si ha sotto mano o che si può, e il risultato che ne consegue per l'utente finale è che riesce molto più facile simulare di essere un collaudatore che un pilota operativo. Credo sia insito nella filosofia di DCS.

12 minutes ago, nessuno0505 said:

Ah no, c'è il jf-17, un aereo pakistano - con chi potrebbe muovere guerra il pakistan io manco lo so)

ah loro lo sanno benissimo 🙂

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Pakistani_wars_and_conflicts

non che lo scenario mi interessi onestamente, ma si scannano in continuazione.

ps: e sono due nazioni con l'atomica.

leggo sempre cose buone del "jeff", non mi attira perché troppo moderno per i miei gusti, ma c'è chi si diverte.

per me DCS è una sandbox, tutti stiamo a chiedere una mappa del vietnam (me compreso eh) ma la verità è che poi ovviamente tutti la vorrebbero ambientata 60s-70s e poi che ci fai...ci fai solo la guerra del vietnam. idem la mappa della malvinas, o falklands, dipende da che parte state :D, se la fai nel 82 a parte la guerra delle malviklands non ci fai nient'altro.

dcs in fondo è una sandbox, per me l'esercizio di stile è invece cercare di ricreare il conflitto tal dei tali con le unità precisine di quel conflitto con le livreette esatte del periodo...si riduce a plastimodellismo in un diorama. modestissima e contestabilissima opinione, "centu concasa, centu berrittasa" dicono i sardi.

c'è anche il rovescio ovviamente e ti ritrovi a rullare in un aeroporto con un mig-15 passando un il-78 parcheggiato statico o peggio in una modernissima base in turchia. bisogna stirare tanto il gioco di ruolo per farselo stare bene.

Edited by leonardo_c

On 2/11/2024 at 7:51 AM, Manreisen said:

Anche io sto aspettando lo zero 😉

Un membro di una terza parte ha già detto di avere informazioni per creare il modulo AM6 Zero, ma per ora non è stato confermato ufficialmente. Ricordiamo anche che nel Pacifico potrebbero esserci aerei provenienti dall'Inghilterra.

• Like 1