I'm breaking up!

whataboutbob71

I have been having random aircraft breakups. I start doing a couple barrel rolls in the harrier and then my wings go bye bye. So I flew a easy G sortie and in the end my plane begins to break up and I have to eject.

I have just added a Logitech Rudder pedals and updated to the latest DCS client. Those are the only two changes to my setup and I have been having aircraft crack ups the past few hours. I have attached the latest crackup track to this issue. Any advice on how to identify and resolve the issue would be greatly appreciated.

:pilotfly:

Dive screwed around and turned the "Wing Off Light" On.

Aircraft seems to be sensitive to excess Gee...but I haven't the time to research and see if I am exceeding the limitations...or if the limitations are producing unexpected results.

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I noticed that any hard G breaks the aircraft up, dive bombing especially, I assumed it was accurate representation?!

What gets me is how much trim is needed, whilst I like an accurate representation in a sim, I think this is one quirk of the Harrier that could be dummed down, it starts in a dive, trim it back up and then it starts to turn a bit...it almost impossible to trim it to straight and true.

It isn't a very aerodynamic plane I believe. Excess G's and dive bombing too fast should rip the wings off. There's always the g-limiter shown on the hud, and if you pull or yank hard enough, I'd imagine you could rip them off.

I was inverted B)

I noticed that any hard G breaks the aircraft up, dive bombing especially, I assumed it was accurate representation?!

What gets me is how much trim is needed, whilst I like an accurate representation in a sim, I think this is one quirk of the Harrier that could be dummed down, it starts in a dive, trim it back up and then it starts to turn a bit...it almost impossible to trim it to straight and true.

I have noticed trimming it nose up makes it start turning too, thats a weird behaviour isn't it?

I have had a far amount of success trimming it out though

It must have been the recent update that made it more realistic than. I was doing way worse a couple days ago and never had this kind of trouble. I mean I've ripped them off but I was also doing some extreme maneuvers for an extended amount of time.

Yeah something seems to have changed. Would be good to know for sure if this is a bug, or authentic.

It's like playing Rise of Flight again!

I don't see the rolling on trim issue. Mine goes dead straight.

Also, according to the manual, 8G is max, and is only permissible at light weights. I have never broken the jet, I think because it tends to be a little heavy on the controls when heavy or slow. It's not an F-5 in that sense which gets twitchy and over-g is very easy.

It's interesting that our experiences are so different.

I found the issue, it was my rudder pedals. The toe presses were being mapped to aircraft control in the Axis Assign screen. When I was inputting rudder commands and pressing the toe in some, the aircraft went into some unexpected maneuvers. This causing me to try to correct my flight and then everything rolling into a big FUBAR.

I cleared the Axis Assign for my peddle and mapped the Rudder and Toe brakes for what they are supposed to do. I haven't had the problem since, I have to do this for each of my modules.

Strange the game would map toe presses to regular flight controls.

I am using a Logitech/Saitek Pro Flight Rudders and an x52 Pro HOTAS.

It's just DCS mapping X and Y axis per default for every controller. At least in case of my MFGs these are the toe brakes. Not the best way to do it IMHO since simmers tend to use multiple devices. First step for a new module is always clearing up all those mappings for each device...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I think at one point I managed to break the harrier just by pulling up while at the same time jettisoning my ordnance (AWACS just told me I merged with an enemy and I didnt want to jettison into a dive for fear of hitting my own bombs) with the subsequent G loads breaking my airframe, sadly I cant confirm since external views were disabled and didnt have time to look outside before slamming into the ground.