VRAM memory leak?

toilet2000

It seems like memory usage gets bigger over time, after 2 or more missions. I get 10-11GB VRAM usage (according to in-game overlay) on a typical mission (which seems HUGE by itself, with Medium visibility range, 100 000 preload, high texture, high terrain texture). But after running multiple mission/scenarios, I've seen usage go up to 23 GB of VRAM! At least according to the in-game performance overlay.

Has anybody got the same kind of VRAM usage?

• ED Team

Hi

this is a known issue and should be fixed soon

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

While I'm not having much issues with RAM leaking, VRAM leaking is causing me lots of troubles, as I'm pretty limited on that one. Even in 1.5 I wasn't able to play long sessions, especially if I switch the aircraft during the mission, so multiple cockpit textures have to be loaded. To me, it always looked like that a lot of stuff doesn't get removed from the VRAM when not used anymore (e.g. cockpit textures from the first aircraft when switching to another aircraft mid-mission). So VRAM keeps accumulating until it reaches max and the game crashes.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg