X-55 Pinky wheel maping

It's not an axis. I think that's why you can use it effective.

I use upper rotary for zoom.

In-DCS settings:

Deadzone: 5

Sat_X: 40

Long time I'm using this. Very quick and comfortable.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5 & M.Quest3 VR
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Hey, has anyone been able to use the pinky wheel on the throttle at all?

I can't even get it to zoom in/out in a way even close to as effective as just using standard buttons.

Thanks for any help.

Back to the times when I flew on monitors I would use it for ZOOM IN and ZOOM NORMAL. So, that when I roll forward I get max zoom right away, and then when I roll back - it would return to normal. Worked very well for me.

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

I've tried to use it for zoom before, but it seems to be only super small increments, to the point of being unusable. I was never really able to make it work properly with DCS. I think the wheel sensors are really low quality, mine is jittery, and when rolling it's apt to skip clicks, maybe jitter backwards instead of forwards, etc.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I might try that Rusty, you had to do that In the Rhino program correct ?

No, straight in DCS. Just to clarify - the zoom view won't progress while you keep rolling the wheel. It will immediately switch to maximum. That is how I used it.

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

Back to the times when I flew on monitors...
You got X-55 those times?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5 & M.Quest3 VR
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

The wheel is useful and after a bit of experimentation I use it for cycling through the kneeboard pages: forward for next page, back for last page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

Hey, has anyone been able to use the pinky wheel on the throttle at all?

I can't even get it to zoom in/out in a way even close to as effective as just using standard buttons.

Thanks for any help.

The pinky wheel as a button only presses the zoom in command for a split second which is nothing. You need to make the zoom commands Advanced Commands in the Saitek Profile Editor so you can make them send the keystroke for .5 seconds or something like that. I've been abel to get the pinky wheel to zoom that way, but it's not the best... It's better for something like flaps up/down or speedbrakes open/closed, which don't depend on how long the key is pressed.

🍺 Snack Officer  🥨 
Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb
- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I've been abel to get the pinky wheel to zoom that way, but it's not the best... It's better for something like flaps up/down or speedbrakes open/closed, which don't depend on how long the key is pressed.

Now that isn’t a good idea. Speed breaks makes sense. Just wish it had a switch like we see on the throttles in the cockpit with the center position

"Chops"

Is not this "pink wheel" a mouse scroll wheel instead a analog axis?

If is and game don't allow set mouse scroll wheel for zoom will not work as expected.

It is not an axis. It is an up and down button. You can only assign key presses to it. Or in game assign it like a normal button.

🍺 Snack Officer  🥨 
Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb
- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

More specifically, it's a rotary encoder. It's a dial that has detents and spins infinitely, similar to a scroll wheel on a mouse. Spinning it will momentarily press a button, and there's two different buttons, one for scrolling forward and one for scrolling backwards.

Works great for kneeboard pages, scrolling through waypoints, altimeter setting, RWR volume, HUD brightness, target designator size, basically anything repetitive. As said above it needs to be configured as a timed key-press if you want to use it in place of holding a button, but it works just fine.

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

ASUS PG348Q. VKB Gladiator Pro w/MCG, X-55 throttle and MFG Crosswind.