DCS losing focus

Hi all

Couldn't find an answer to this on the forums.

I use xpadder, voice attack, track IR, simshaker and play DCS in both VR and normal and this happens in both.

I have restrict cursor to window ticked in DCS options and also alt Enter (i think) to enter full screen when playing. However it seems that DCS losses focus and my button commands both from keyboard and hotas stop working and I have to alt tab out of the game or control alt delete and the reselect DCS to get them working again. Which is great when you line up a bomb run and push weapon release and nothing happens ????

However axis still work fine as does Simshaker, track ir or VR head movement and Voice attack.

Any ideas are welcome as this is leaving DCS unplayable for me ????

Thanks

It happens very regularly, some use alt enter to minimise occurences, and others live with it. When the cursor escapes the window and has brought up toolbar menu or some such, I just click the desktop to close the menu, then reclick the dcs icon on the taskbar and get back into it.

Thank god rift has a nosegap.....

I have not heard of a definitive cure for it.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

I use "alt-enter" as suggested by Tinkickef. I have it setup as a voice command for VR.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

When it happens to me it’s usually a pop up from another app and I just have to highlight the dcs icon and everything returns to dcs.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 1 year later...

I have been experiencing this exact same problem as well lately.

Has anyone found a solution?

I believe it is from the Logitech gamepad I have connected...I use it for gear, flaps, etc.

It will happen during the first flight upon loading, I will use an input from the gamepad, typically gear, and all controls will stop functioning until I alt tab. However, there are a few times where the screen will flash with a DCS logo for a brief second, causing loss of control input without me doing anything

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

• 4 months later...
I have been experiencing this exact same problem as well lately.

Has anyone found a solution?

I believe it is from the Logitech gamepad I have connected...I use it for gear, flaps, etc.

It will happen during the first flight upon loading, I will use an input from the gamepad, typically gear, and all controls will stop functioning until I alt tab. However, there are a few times where the screen will flash with a DCS logo for a brief second, causing loss of control input without me doing anything

OMG...

I have been experiencing that too!!!!

but until you said that last part about the flashing the DCS logo I would never have remembered that...

and just so you know this has not been fixed...I"m have this issue today 25 may 2020...

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

I've been having this as well , coincident with a new build . I do not believe it is a DCS problem as i've experienced it in other flightsims as well . After much tweaking and troubleshooting , i have concluded (by exclusion) that it is a Windows problem . Never had it on the old system , and priority or alt-enter doesn't seem to help .

Some have said that VR users can move the taskbar to the side instead of the bottom to cure the problem . I have yet to try this .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I only have that if not in full screen in VR (hence the Alt-Enter at start to make it so) and when the option to restrict the cursor to the game window is not ticked. If not full screen you can move the cursor out of the game window and once clicked...(is mostly a VR problem since it's not possible to see the game window bounderies).

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 7 months later...

Old topic, but figured I'd post. 

Have a G940, set up my controls minus the axis via Logitech wingman software that comes with the 940, that way I can use all three modes. I would be playing, DCS would go black for a second or two, come back, and only my axis would work. Would have to quit DCS and relaunch to get the controls working again. 

I figured there was a program running for a second that was causing my full-screen game to window out but I never was fast enough to see what it was. Saw it this morning, it is Logitech Unifying Software, for wireless mouse/keyboard set ups. Since I only have a wireless mouse, there is no reason for this program since it links multiple wireless devices to the same USB hookup to save USB ports. If you go into (you'll probably have to switch on "show hidden folders") C/ProgramData/Logishrd you'll see the folder Unifying. I just renamed it. 

So far so good, fingers crossed this continues to work. Was driving me mad not being able to use all three modes on the G-940.

Edited by _Acoustic_
  • Thanks 1