RS Mapper Release

Avantar

Hi,

I installed the program and set up a little test profile to just raise and lower the landing gear of the F18 Hornet. Using the TM Warthog. Mapped the keypress for the lg to one of my mouse buttons. Short press/Long press. Also set up the throttle flap switch to move between auto/half/full flaps.

Using the TM keyevent tool I can see the proper keycodes being generated when the controls are moved...but the key commands never seem to get to Dcsworld...nothing happens. Using voice attack with the same key sequences the flaps and gear work fine so the key sequences are correct. Any advice on what I should check next?

Thankyou, tim

Fargo

I9-9900, GTX1080Ti,32GRam,Pimax 5k+, HP Reverb, TM WartHog, MTG Pedals

Hi,

I installed the program and set up a little test profile to just raise and lower the landing gear of the F18 Hornet. Using the TM Warthog. Mapped the keypress for the lg to one of my mouse buttons. Short press/Long press. Also set up the throttle flap switch to move between auto/half/full flaps.

Using the TM keyevent tool I can see the proper keycodes being generated when the controls are moved...but the key commands never seem to get to Dcsworld...nothing happens. Using voice attack with the same key sequences the flaps and gear work fine so the key sequences are correct. Any advice on what I should check next?

Thankyou, tim

that s what I said in the post above! u don t read do u? :))

that s what I said in the post above! u don t read do u? :))

If YOU would read instead of spending time trying to be a forum wise-ass you would have noticed that unlike your post above...which i did read and found pretty worthless...tried to provide the particuliar test cases I was using which were failing and....oh yeah...that I was testing using a completely different test method than a word doc to provide more information for someone who may have some idea about why the software is not working for ME.... So in other words...phrased simpler for you...if you dont have something more constructive to say than just being a forum wise-ass...why not keep your yap shut and let the grown ups talk? :-)

Fargo

What do you mean, "I hurt your feelings"?, I didn't know you had any feelings

What do you mean, "I ain't kind"?, Just not your kind

..... Peace sells but who's buying. Megadeth, 1986

I just love Saturday forum...

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

uuuu now u made me cry :((((((((

LMAO....I wasn't trying to make you cry....Sorry about that...if your that sensitive you probably shouldn't start off a conversation with someone you don't know with a smart-ass remark...it often doesn't end well. But then again....maybe I'm conversing with a 10 year old who doesn't know any better...you never know...

Now...not surprisingly, I don't see anybody trying to rush in and assist you with your problem...given all that data you provided in your post n' all...so I will tell you what I found...

I have RS Mapper working now without any issues. The only thing I had to do...simple enough...was start RS Mapper with admin priviledges. No big deal at all. If you haven't tried that, give it a try. Also make sure none of the keybinds your trying to use with RS Mapper are still bound to your joystick/throttle in dcsworld. That's all it took for me and as you (rudely) pointed out, we seem to have (had) the same problem... Good luck!

Fargo

What do you mean, "I hurt your feelings"?, I didn't know you had any feelings

What do you mean, "I ain't kind"?, Just not your kind

..... Peace sells but who's buying. Megadeth, 1986

I just love Saturday forum...

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

LOL...But he started it!!!

Fargo

@Avantar - Sir, I've got your software installed and it works flawlessly. Just what I was looking for. As a coder myself I know how much effort it takes to put an app out and support it.

So I wanted to send you a donation...at least buy you a few beers or a cup of coffee...but I don't see a donation link. Do you have a paypal donation link or something like that set up?

Fargo

@Avantar - Sir, I've got your software installed and it works flawlessly. Just what I was looking for. As a coder myself I know how much effort it takes to put an app out and support it.

So I wanted to send you a donation...at least buy you a few beers or a cup of coffee...but I don't see a donation link. Do you have a paypal donation link or something like that set up?

+1:thumbup:

Just a quick update. I've got the "delete" button fixed but I want to do some more tests first so to avoid releasing an Open-Beta Early Access version.

as to donation link - I think I put it in "about" box in the app :)

I'll try to release new RS Mapper by the end of the week (need to hide new "in-developnent" features too...)

Cheers,

Avantar

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just a quick update. I've got the "delete" button fixed but I want to do some more tests first so to avoid releasing an Open-Beta Early Access version.

as to donation link - I think I put it in "about" box in the app :)

I'll try to release new RS Mapper by the end of the week (need to hide new "in-developnent" features too...)

Cheers,

Avantar

Ok....what kind of beer do you favor....expensive drunk from a wine glass or gutter water from a crushable can?

Fargo

Hi folks. I've released version 0.51 with fixed action deleting. Testing did not reveal anything else so I think the version is good to go. Enjoy.

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 complains about the latest version.

I know it is probably a false positive but I can't pull the trigger.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

Windows 10 complains about the latest version.

I know it is probably a false positive but I can't pull the trigger.

Hi Dunx.

Is it just Windows complaining about lack of signied certificate or Windows Defender blocks the .exe? can you give me a screenshot?

Avantar

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Dunx.

Is it just Windows complaining about lack of signied certificate or Windows Defender blocks the .exe? can you give me a screenshot?

Avantar

Good Morning Avantar.

Firstly, thank you so much for a superb utility.

Background : RSMapper is installed in a utility folder on a data drive and accessed via a shortcut from the Windows taskbar. Updates are normally an entire replacement of the folder contents.

The first issue I had with 0.51 was a Chrome message during download. Zip files are not restricted so assume it was content. I downloaded again this morning and got the same message (see below).

The second issue was the Windows blue "Windows Protected Your PC" message, however, the version I downloaded this morning did not generate the same message.

The only differences I am aware of...

1. I ran 0.51 from Downloads instead of Utility folder (to get screenshot).
  2. Several Windows 10 Enterprise security updates.

Windows is currently waiting for the 2004 update. My OS won't update due to software incompatibilities which Microsoft are slowly addressing. Windows 10 Enterprise may be the culprit.

picture.php?albumid=1895&pictureid=12158

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

OK, what you are seeing is "may be dangerous" warning that windows 10 displays if MS servers does not cache a lot of downloads of the file. Most likely this will never disappear because well, to be honest you wont have thousands of downloads of RS Mapper, the "market" is too small. Also, the zip file contains an unsigned .exe file - I would have to pay for certificate to sign it and since this is non-profit app- well, I will most likely not do that. Having said that - I had this warning myself on my PCs :)

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello new user to RS mapper I've just "installed" the last version by inzipping the RS Mapper folder on one of my hardrive. I opened RS Mapper.exe but I only have my mouse, my rudder Saytek and one MFD (cougar) that appeared on your application interface ?!?

I have 2 other MFD and a Warthog Joystick an throttle that are not detected ...

What did I do wrong ?

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Hello new user to RS mapper I've just "installed" the last version by inzipping the RS Mapper folder on one of my hardrive. I opened RS Mapper.exe but I only have my mouse, my rudder Saytek and one MFD (cougar) that appeared on your application interface ?!?

I have 2 other MFD and a Warthog Joystick an throttle that are not detected ...

What did I do wrong ?

I am a bit puzzled by this. Do you have those MFDs and Warthog connected directly to PC or by (un)powered USB HUB? If they are detected in the Windows they, well, must be detected by RS Mapper.

Could you try and unplug and re-plug those devices? and only then start RS mapper?

Thanks.

Avantar

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok it was my fault and a strange coincidence. I just finished to play with all my joystick (using target) so I was sure all was working well ... but in fact my Hub was disconnected (it never happened before ! ) will all my missing devices connected on it ! I discovered it while trying to disconnect them like you told me !

Sorry for this waste of your time :(

I will begin to test your interesting application now :)

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Adding 1 keystroke ot Warthog

Hello Avantar,

Trying to get started with the RSMapper to assign just 1 key for Thrustmaster Warthog which is not in the DCS game keystrokes currently available for the P-47D. I AM wanting this keystroke to center the Natrual Point IR5 in the DCS game. Atached is a screen shot of the RSMapper 'TRIGGER ACTION PAGE" with that "]" key assigned....I Thought.... No not right. PLease advise.

Thank you,

Gayle

Screenshot_15.thumb.jpg.8c4ef2cf68e3cb40273624ed9ac87e97.jpg

Hello Avantar,

Trying to get started with the RSMapper to assign just 1 key for Thrustmaster Warthog which is not in the DCS game keystrokes currently available for the P-47D. I AM wanting this keystroke to center the Natrual Point IR5 in the DCS game. Atached is a screen shot of the RSMapper 'TRIGGER ACTION PAGE" with that "]" key assigned....I Thought.... No not right. PLease advise.

Thank you,

Gayle

Hi Gayle,

Couple questions for you

- do you use standard english keyboard layout?

- Could you try to open a notepad, and try to press the Warthohg button with RS Mapper running? What character gets typed into the notpead?

- Do you run RS Mapper with admin rights?

Cheers,

Avantar

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

English keyboard...yes, admin rights....yes.

Got the buttons on RS Mapper to respond and set up a button on my Warthog. I programed a key to start (trigger on press) and when flipped finish (trigger on release) on another key....YEA!! 1 warthog button up and down!!

Now sequencing first keystroke shift+F4 delay ms?? start time...duration ms??

Second keystroke NUM 6 delay ms?? start time...duration ms?? The program executes the F4 but no rotation. please advise.

By the way.....

Thank you for compleating ThrustMasters work on programing buttons.

Gayle

• 2 weeks later...

I have used RS Mapper for some time, off and on. I updated to the most recent version and when I tried to make a continuous key, RS mapper went crazy and kept scrolling through all the keys. I think I have narrowed the problem down to the latest version of RS Mapper and was wondering if anyone else has had this issue? I am running the latest version of Win10.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .