Important Announcement

Ice

I think this is very admirable of you all to get together to chip in and pay this debt. This just confirms to me the strength of this community even more.

One thing I would like to say though (going against Ices' wishes of not replying) is that this is a personal issue betwen Mustang and Ice as someone said earlier alot has been said and people do not know the full story, and please bear in mind there are 2 sides to every story. I have heard both and base my opinions on that. It really should not have been expressed in these forums as to the "why fors" of why Mustang can not get into the 169th server however if Mustang feels so strongly to express it, then that is up to that individual. Its really between the 2 individuals that are involved.

What doesn`t help this situation and just adds fuel to the fire is people saying "At least you got a TIR3 out of it" Very immature and morally incorrect, which ever way you look at it. So to try and regain some form of integrity out of this it would be appreciated if individual personal feelings were kept out of this as its really not helping anyone at the end of the day and it should not be expressed in these forums.

Again just to reiterate its between 2 individuals and that is Ice and Mustang.

Yeah, I remember that being said somewhere else, oh about 3 months ago.

So how many players have you gotten into the server yet?

Just a thought too, may want to edit I think the network.lua? So that if each client is running 128/128, then 128x60=7680. Might help when the load does get high?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I remember that being said somewhere else, oh about 3 months ago.

So how many players have you gotten into the server yet?

Just a thought too, may want to edit I think the network.lua? So that if each client is running 128/128, then 128x60=7680. Might help when the load does get high?

32+ on Sunday. Worked a treat. Thanks for asking.

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few". - Sir Winston Churchill 1940.

I was there. :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I think I was there a day earlier. It was like a feeding frenzy for the more experienced players. You'd see targets pop up everywhere, but they were too busy to spot you if you flew just right ... and too busy to dodge your missiles! O.o

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

That amount of players is ideal for a long range tactical mission.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I think I was there a day earlier. It was like a feeding frenzy for the more experienced players. You'd see targets pop up everywhere, but they were too busy to spot you if you flew just right ... and too busy to dodge your missiles! O.o

Yes it was very intense and enjoyable. Will be on tonight.

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few". - Sir Winston Churchill 1940.

Ok guys new page lets get this post back on track. This is a post about the new server not about problems with 2 individuals. So if it doesn't deal with the announcement of the new server or your concerns/questions or even props to the server and it's admins please do not post it up in here.

Thank you.:thumbup:

I just come out from your server... What the hell have you done to it??? When I first tried it in friday I never had below 25FPS, only in WVR with many merging a/c, in average 35-40FPS. Now with the same amount of players I got 10 FPS max, and even worse. Totaly unplayable. You have disabled externals and padlock, that's good but why the heck have you maxed up the graphics so much???

The popularity of your server won't last too long with these settings.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

I just come out from your server... What the hell have you done to it??? When I first tried it in friday I never had below 25FPS, only in WVR with many merging a/c, in average 35-40FPS. Now with the same amount of players I got 10 FPS max, and even worse. Totaly unplayable. You have disabled externals and padlock, that's good but why the heck have you maxed up the graphics so much???

The popularity of your server won't last too long with these settings.

Yeah that has been pointed out. I too was only getting 13 -14 FPS at times.

Last sunday when in this server I was getting as low as 10FPS over cities... it's fine once you've bit further away but near them it's bit on the slide show side. I personally can still stand it but I doubt a person with average system will feel the same.

No longer active in DCS...

well think about it guys... if you do something for someone and the other person "ows" you something in return, but you never get that... it doesn't matter if you get what you were "owed" from someone else... you'd still be angry/disapointed/etc at the person that's "done you wrong" in the first place... just being hypothetical here, if this makes any sense to anyone :D

No longer active in DCS...

well think about it guys... if you do something for someone and the other person "ows" you something in return, but you never get that... it doesn't matter if you get what you were "owed" from someone else... you'd still be angry/disapointed/etc at the person that's "done you wrong" in the first place... just being hypothetical here, if this makes any sense to anyone :D

Hmmm interesting point of view

To the issue of performance for low-end system owners:

It is YOUR server, YOUR rules, and as long as people are there that can enjoy it set it up however you like. I personally have a low-end system and I can fully understand that owners of decent systems want to get their money's worth and play the sim to its fullest.

If I was fortunate enough to have a high-end system I would definitely want to crank the graphics up and jump into a fully-loaded mission with hundreds of targets and lots of activity!! I would shudder to jump into servers with scenes set to medium or *gasp!* low!!

So in conclusion: CRANK IT UP 169th!!

To the issue of performance for low-end system owners:

It is YOUR server, YOUR rules, and as long as people are there that can enjoy it set it up however you like. I personally have a low-end system and I can fully understand that owners of decent systems want to get their money's worth and play the sim to its fullest.

If I was fortunate enough to have a high-end system I would definitely want to crank the graphics up and jump into a fully-loaded mission with hundreds of targets and lots of activity!! I would shudder to jump into servers with scenes set to medium or *gasp!* low!!

So in conclusion: CRANK IT UP 169th!!

I agree :thumbup:

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

too bad I'm at work now (gee, so many of us are being at work and not working and instead checking these forums ;)) I'd like to fly a bit now... kill ALL of you in 169th server :D

hehe id like to protect half of them :pilotfly: