Mi-35 promo video

Nice find Kusch.... I don't know if you guy's get the military channel were you are? There was a 1 hr. long show that dealt will the development of this bird..

It was stated that the chopper had to kept to large proportions as it's first priority is that of a transport....But it is a very formidable, deadly gun ship without a doubt...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Mmmn.

An upgraded Mi25?

:huh:

:huh: (my self! lol)

Nice vids though. I will have to figure out what an Mi-25 is first.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Nice find Kusch.... I don't know if you guy's get the military channel were you are?

Yes. Discovery :D

Another Polish Mi-24 videos (maybe you had watched someone):

http://vootatico.com/archives/481

http://vootatico.com/archives/477

:thumbup:

Another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TP8IIE1RiI

And from Iraq (author is big fan Lock-On ;))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUontcpJ7-s&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emilitaryphotos%2Enet%2Fforums%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D82785%26highlight%3Dpolish%2Bhind%2Bvideo

Give me "flying telephone pole" (SA-2)!

Hey, this looks kewl also :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

What was cool.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

It was stated that the chopper had to kept to large proportions as it's first priority is that of a transport....
That statemant is wrong.

It is huge because it was based on Mi-8 components (whole engine bay, engines, transmission, main and tail rotor, etc - all are the same as in Mi-8/17 and Mi-14).

It was the same with Sikorsky Blackhawk that flew before russian hind. It was based on H-3 Sea King components, so it have also a lot of empty space to use, so it also had troop transport capability. It also had wings to unload the rotor, and held some speed and climb records. But after it crashed, Americans decided that dedicated attack hellicopter will perform better in tank hunting and CAS missions than a hybrid like Blackhawk and Hind, so they go with AH-56 and later AH-64. That's something Russians realized like two decades ago, and still can't decide with what construction to go, the Mi-28 or the Ka-50 - its all politics, they just can't test them both and see which one is really better.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

Export version of Mi-24.

Thanks. I found some pics on google. It did look very similar.

But after it crashed, Americans decided that dedicated attack hellicopter will perform better in tank hunting and CAS missions than a hybrid like Blackhawk and Hind, so they go with AH-56 and later AH-64.

So, Americans decided something is better, so it's better... :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter if something really is better or worse, it's what Americans decide..

That's something Russians realized like two decades ago, and still can't decide with what construction to go, the Mi-28 or the Ka-50 - its all politics, they just can't test them both and see which one is really better.

No.. they went with both 'cause they needed both.

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

One thing I noticed in listening to that video is that the air conditioning system seems to come up a little short on the high end. 37 degrees Celcius? Well...I guess those pilots will be a bit uncomfortable in pretty much any region in Southern Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, North America, South America...well...pretty much 80% of the inhabited world.

That`s nothing. 37 degrees in the summer in the cockpit is quite cool. Most of the Mi-8/17s have only two fans in the cockpit and in summer the temperature can get as high as 50 degrees. We fly butt naked ;):joystick:

The optional 20mm (??) door gun on the Mi-35M seems to be quite useless. It will make the small cabin quite unusable for troop transport, block the underwing weapons when deployed, and require the Hatches to be open (exposing to the gunner). There is already a twin 23mm cannon in the nose turret.