Persian Gulf Map Mod Request.

I've been trying to mess with lua files and dds files to get rid of these bushes, but I just can't figure it out. The bushes look fine, they just pop up at a very close range and it looks terrible with a moving vehicle. They don't seem to be considered "grass" so you can't get rid of them with that setting. I'm going to keep trying, anyone know of an easy way to get rid of these?

Thanks.

Clipboard01.jpg

I reckon this one is non-fixable from our end, the most likely place this would have been controlled from would be the terrain.cfg.lua, but unfortunately in the Gulf map the file is on lockdown (terrain.cfg.lua.dll.crypt) only way is for ED to take a look at this.

I might make a video of them popping up as you move, to show ED, it definitely causes a performance hit(stutters)as you taxi, why can`t they make them part of the tree draw cells instead of a short radius draw in front of the vehicle?

i7 8086K(Delidded@5.2),ASUS ROG Maximus X Formula Z370,Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition, 32GB DDR4,860 Pro SSD x2,970 Pro M.2, 840 Evo, Asus ROG PG278Q G-Sync.. Rift S:pilotfly:https://imgur.com/a/TRIm7nL

I would much rather wish to increase their radius around me, so that they do not pop in so distinctively. would gladly have them 10nm around me..

so +1 would love to have an editable setting for them! espacially since low level flying is such amazing fun now.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I don't own PG map, but would love to have control of these items as well... to get rid of completely idiotic stones scattered all over airfield facilities on Normandy map :D. They seem to be rendered the same way as the bushes above, thus being "immune" to clutter option slider as well.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I found a little tweak that makes it much more easy on the eyes. In the graphics.lua you will find the following lines under the Terrain section.

distancFactor = {

Low = 0.65;

Medium = 0.65;

High = 0.65;

Ultra = 0.65;

Extreme = 0.65;

High was set to 1.0, Ultra was set to 1.2 and Extreme was 1.5. I changed the settings to the above numbers and the visual distance didn't change much but the pop-in is now very gradual. The plants kind of grow slowly out of the ground at distance and don't just pop up instantly.

It took an hour or so of testing to come up with .65 as a perfect visual number.

I assumed this was for rendering the terrain, itself, but I didn't see any difference other than the weed popping. I am much more satisfied with this solution than default.

Thanks, everyone, for the input.

I found a little tweak that makes it much more easy on the eyes. In the graphics.lua you will find the following lines under the Terrain section.

distancFactor = {

Low = 0.65;

Medium = 0.65;

High = 0.65;

Ultra = 0.65;

Extreme = 0.65;

High was set to 1.0, Ultra was set to 1.2 and Extreme was 1.5. I changed the settings to the above numbers and the visual distance didn't change much but the pop-in is now very gradual. The plants kind of grow slowly out of the ground at distance and don't just pop up instantly.

It took an hour or so of testing to come up with .65 as a perfect visual number.

I assumed this was for rendering the terrain, itself, but I didn't see any difference other than the weed popping. I am much more satisfied with this solution than default.

Thanks, everyone, for the input.

Those settings control the distance of the buildings/trees/structures all around the player, it doesn't affect the draw distance of the grass and rocks.

You are right, as I said, the distance really didn't change. However, the severity of the pop-in for this foliage changed dramatically.

It's the difference between an instant pop-in and a gradual fade in.

Try it, you will see the difference.

Remember this has to do with ground ops, nothing to do with flying.

There is something broken in this system. My changes shouldn't work like this, but they do.

• 1 year later...

And by modifying MIPMAPS of the bushes textures, with less and less opacity for lower mipmaps ? Perhaps they will appear smoothly, fading instead of popping ? Will give it a try.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2666Mhz, GTX 2070 Super, SSD 1To, TrackIR 5, TM16000M HOTAS

• 7 months later...

or get rid of them as they dont add anything ......

delete small_bush.ref and small_bush_group.ref from

dcsworld/dcsworldopenbeta/mods/terrains/persiangulf/surfacedetails

just as you can delete the ugly aircraft models (static ones) in pg and nellis ...

delete Aircrafts from

dcsworld/dcsworldopenbeta/mods/terrains/persiangulf/models

brgds maks