Axis Curves

After spending a good part of yesterday trying everything out I'm going to try a deadzone of 2. Probably put the curve around 15. I've used 28 on the Harrier and other modules but the Hornet is rather stable.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

or is it more a matter of user preference? :)

A combination of user preference, and the kind of setup you have. If you have an extension tube on your Warthog for example, there is a lot less "need" for pitch/roll curves since that extension gives you extra precision to begin with.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

A combination of user preference, and the kind of setup you have. If you have an extension tube on your Warthog for example, there is a lot less "need" for pitch/roll curves since that extension gives you extra precision to begin with.

That's a pretty valid point, hadn't thought about that. :thumbup:

Exactly!

It is stick dependent including options such as extension.

Yeah I am currently flying with a Virpil T-50 and 150mm extensions, using no curves so far.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

For pitch, roll and rudders, I tend to use a dead zone of 4 and a curve of 15.

I've never put a deadzone in the rudders. I'll have to give that a try.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody use an axis curve for braking? I've got Saitek Cessna Pro pedals and I'm finding it tough to get an even braking on them, especially on landings when the runway speed is under 80mph. They always seem to grab more to the left.

Regarding TM Warthog stick....curious about that as well with both A-10C & F/A-18.

Any suggestions, screenshot would be appreciated.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC