Throttle issue: 10% after idle position is a deadzone

Hello,

I noticed when applying some input on the throttles from idle there is about a 10% deadzone in the hornet. I thought it was a calibration issue or a curve setting I was unaware of but not the case here. I tested it with other aircraft and no deadzone after idle position at all, only the F/A-18.

A workaround I did was to set the Y Saturation to 90 on both left/right throttles and now get proper range.

I'm pretty sure this an issue with module and not on my end. Has anyone else noticed this when looking at the controls indicator or in-cockpit?

I'm using TM Warthog throttle along with the stick.

Yup here too. But setting the Y saturation will affect the top end too, won't it?

I think this needs moving to the bug forum.

I did initially but they moved it here in the controls forum.....:huh:

Noticed this the other day too, I tried ticking slider in the axis tuning but it still does the same thing. Definitely a bug of some sort because the throttle reads no dead zone in the axis config screen.

Noticed this the other day too, I tried ticking slider in the axis tuning but it still does the same thing. Definitely a bug of some sort because the throttle reads no dead zone in the axis config screen.

Lowering the saturation will only work for the ground idle, with weight off wheels the flight idle stops extend and limit rear travel. Usually at this point the in game axis will change so that the joystick idle is equal to the lowest available setting in game, most likely it's just a WiP thing.

It's definitely still there on the ground, but to a lesser extent.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

First 10% of throttle axis not used

So I was fiddling with the custom curves some people have been suggesting in order to get Mil power at the Detent on the Warthog and noticed that the F/A-18 doesn't seem to utilise the first portion of the assigned throttle axes. Regardless of whether its set as a Slider or not, a custom curve, or just plain old standard linear it's always about the same. The controller is recognised and the movement is shown in the Axis tune page but in the aircraft there is no throttle movement (or any change in engine parameters) until the throttle is past about 10% of movement. Its a good cm or 2 on the Warthog which I'm using. I checked with a couple buddies and they confirmed the same behaviour.

Is this intended somehow? Seems like a waste.... Particularly in an aircraft where fine throttle movements can be quite important.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

So I was fiddling with the custom curves some people have been suggesting in order to get Mil power at the Detent on the Warthog and noticed that the F/A-18 doesn't seem to utilise the first portion of the assigned throttle axes. Regardless of whether its set as a Slider or not, a custom curve, or just plain old standard linear it's always about the same. The controller is recognised and the movement is shown in the Axis tune page but in the aircraft there is no throttle movement (or any change in engine parameters) until the throttle is past about 10% of movement. Its a good cm or 2 on the Warthog which I'm using. I checked with a couple buddies and they confirmed the same behaviour.

Is this intended somehow? Seems like a waste.... Particularly in an aircraft where fine throttle movements can be quite important.

+1 , CH FighterStick

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

I fail to understand why this was moved to the controllers section as its clearly not a hardware issue. Unless this is for some reason intended behaviour its a bug......

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

As per post #12, this only happens whilst in the air. With weight on wheels the deadzone goes away.

So I guess its a deliberate function to stop the engines spooling down too much whilst airbourne.

(I'd prefer it to go away as we'd get more throttle resolution with it gone).

You can still spool the engines all the way down in the air though... You get to idle in the aircraft itself, it’s just that it takes less movement of the real world throttle to do so.

9./JG27

I think there's two separate issues here. The inflight idle stop in the real aircraft prevents the throttle being moved back as far as ground idle. Obviously there's no way to reproduce the physical stop in our sim hardware, but it's functioning correctly.

However, I started an instant action mission on the runway and found there was still a small deadzone before the engine's ground idle. I used target script editor to increase the base of the throttle's range by 10%, which got rid of it.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

I think there's two separate issues here. The inflight idle stop in the real aircraft prevents the throttle being moved back as far as ground idle. Obviously there's no way to reproduce the physical stop in our sim hardware, but it's functioning correctly.

However, I started an instant action mission on the runway and found there was still a small deadzone before the engine's ground idle. I used target script editor to increase the base of the throttle's range by 10%, which got rid of it.

Could you explain how you did that in TARGET?